First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Partner betaben

Feb 1, 2005, 4:09 PM
Post #76 of 138 (1832 views)
Shortcut

Re: Origins [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

What a great thread to read!! It just shows that many people will try to explain how we got here with much more fervor than they apply to living the life that we are given, regardless of the how.

The awnser to Bumblies question is of course, NO. Nobody can offer proof of any of the THEORIES mentioned.

If you must argue proofing intelligent design or creationism, you would have to prove that God exists, taking away Faith, which is the basis for most religons. At this point everyone would then "believe" in God making religon a moot point.

Okay that's my contribution
Have fun
Ben

robbovius

Feb 1, 2005, 4:43 PM
Post #77 of 138 (1832 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Well, we can all see you've devoted a great deal of time to the study of bumblie's technique. And that's cool. But I don't think he's into boys I'm afraid.

unlike you scotsmen. ;-)

robbovius

Feb 1, 2005, 4:46 PM
Post #78 of 138 (1832 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Thanks for the constructive input. :wink:

NP. Just doin' my bit for science, or the lack thereof.

robbovius

Feb 1, 2005, 4:48 PM
Post #79 of 138 (1832 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
...Once again the discussion digresses into a discussion of the discussion.

Where it rightfully belongs, long after this particular horse is bloated and squishy.

robbovius

Feb 1, 2005, 4:52 PM
Post #80 of 138 (1832 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
...Once again the discussion digresses into a discussion of the discussion.

IMO, this isn't a discussion at all, rather folks positing "facts" about which they are in no wise willing to give up. A discussion infers the folks involved are interested in learning something, expanding their views, moving beyond what they are lashed to in terms of ideas and beliefs. Where do you see that Brother Bone? This is just a argue fest.

JL

well, DUUUUHHHH! Just figuring this out now? You're as guilty as Bumbster and Tradmanlover, for even responding to this thread.

bumblie

Feb 1, 2005, 5:14 PM
Post #81 of 138 (1832 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Your pretense to serious discussion - in any of the argumentative challenges you've posted during your career here - is disingenuous, and is served up as a thin mask over your obvious need to validate your own beliefs. The consistent ethic throughout ALL your posts over the last year, reveal that have no real intention of accepting the arguments of those who observe differing belief systems.... it's pretty plain that you need constant reaffirmation of your beliefs, only by denigrating those of others.

Can I get you a mirror?

iltripp

Feb 1, 2005, 5:20 PM
Post #82 of 138 (1832 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I think everyone who posts on this thread should first say -- and be honest here -- what they WANT to believe, what they WISH to be "true," and why.

Next, you should state how your actual livded experience -- in other words your actual life beyond thinking about that life -- would substantively change if your "proof" was provided.

Lastly, if you didn't have that idea (proof) to live by--meaning you only had your life, and not an IDEA about your life--then how might you live it??

JL

DING DING DING DING!!!! We have a winner. Now how 'bout we all just shut up...

robbovius

Feb 1, 2005, 5:23 PM
Post #83 of 138 (1832 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Your pretense to serious discussion - in any of the argumentative challenges you've posted during your career here - is disingenuous, and is served up as a thin mask over your obvious need to validate your own beliefs. The consistent ethic throughout ALL your posts over the last year, reveal that have no real intention of accepting the arguments of those who observe differing belief systems.... it's pretty plain that you need constant reaffirmation of your beliefs, only by denigrating those of others.

Reposting this rant seemed fitting.

When I was granted this power, I swore I would use it only for good.

Hey Bumbknocker, at least I freely confess my narcissism. ;-)

bumblie

Feb 1, 2005, 5:26 PM
Post #84 of 138 (1832 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Would that be your powers to reach faulty, unfounded conclusions?

overlord

Feb 1, 2005, 5:35 PM
Post #85 of 138 (1832 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

wow, this actually got to 6 pages...

now, is the world flat or round????

robbovius

Feb 1, 2005, 5:41 PM
Post #86 of 138 (1832 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Can I get you a mirror?

HAW!

Even though this is a funny riposte, it's weak, because my earlier quote reveals that you went back and edited it, because you thought of a funnier line.

try again.

robbovius

Feb 1, 2005, 5:46 PM
Post #87 of 138 (1832 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

No, my powers to drag the thread of topic, and ruin your tirade.

BTW the "faulty, unfounded conclusions" gambit is pretty much "Predictable Bumblie".

...and here I thought you were an educable retardate. ;-) you were doing so good with the "Can I get you a mirror".

bumblie

Feb 1, 2005, 5:48 PM
Post #88 of 138 (1832 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Uncle. Your wit and intellect are rivaled by just one - vertical reality.

bumblie

Feb 1, 2005, 5:52 PM
Post #89 of 138 (1832 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

BTW the "faulty, unfounded conclusions" gambit is pretty much "Predictable Bumblie".

...and here I thought you were an educable retardate. ;-) you were doing so good with the "Can I get you a mirror".

I notice you never step into the fray whenever these "discussions" are going full force. Your style is more one of petty snipping.

How cowardly. :shock:

robbovius

Feb 1, 2005, 6:01 PM
Post #90 of 138 (1832 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Uncle. Your wit and intellect are rivaled by just one - vertical reality.

uh uh uh!!! caught ya!

In reply to:
bumblie
Posted: 01 Feb 2005 12:48 Post subject: Re: Origins

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uncle. you're just too smart and too witty.

nice try, but vertical reality doesn't follow the same ethic of comedic riffing in these threads, that I do. He's just somebody you don't like and can often out-argue...or think you can anyway. As an outside and uninvolved - in the original topic - observer, I find you're both at about the same level of skill and intelligence.

And once again, editing for the save...duh! dude if you miss the line first time, going back is weak. you have to hope the next opportunity offers better material.

slablizard

Feb 1, 2005, 6:02 PM
Post #91 of 138 (1832 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh Come on Bumblie :) Everybody knows we were created out of mud by the hands of god, then the woman was created using one of Adam's rib ( Why a rib? LOL)

You guys are incredible, you have a hard time trusting science, and then fall for the "mud theory", the paradise, the hell....god the devol, santa claus and so on.

The fun thing is that you guys feel so righteous! Hahahhhahahaaaaa
Do you laugh of yourself sometimes?

In reply to:
With the Evolution vs. Intelligent Design vs. Creationism being repeatedly beaten to death, I was wondering if the Evolutionists out there can offer up any PROOF on how we got to the point when life began on this planet.

Is there anything more than pure conjecture to support your position?

vertical_reality

Feb 1, 2005, 6:02 PM
Post #92 of 138 (1832 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Cowardly is not stepping up to a challenge... of which you have done many times.

bumblie

Feb 1, 2005, 6:10 PM
Post #93 of 138 (1832 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Cowardly is not stepping up to a challenge... of which you have done many times.

You frequently think my ignoring idiotic off-topic questions is dodging the issue. This thread is a perfect example.

One could see you posts as a fine display of trolling, but based on my experience, your apparent dim-wittedness is not an act.

bumblie

Feb 1, 2005, 6:13 PM
Post #94 of 138 (1832 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

Show three.

Please make sure these "challenges" are relevant to the primary discussion. You want to get someone's help on this.

vertical_reality

Feb 1, 2005, 6:15 PM
Post #95 of 138 (1832 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Keep ducking Dumblie.

robbovius

Feb 1, 2005, 6:17 PM
Post #96 of 138 (1832 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This is what I mean about offering better material, which you've so kindly offered me...

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

I notice you never step into the fray whenever these "discussions" are going full force. Your style is more one of petty snipping.

Keen grasp of the intutively obvious there, Dumblie. You yourself said I was "too smart"...and just to be a prick, I'm sure you meant "sniping", right? ;-) Not petty at all, this is great fun, for me.

Look pal, these sorts of threads, with these sorts of topics, are never discussions, they are always arguments, and beyond giving you voice to bash the people that respond in disagreement, and unwittingly play your game by your rules, they serve no point.

I have no intention of playing by your rules. I'd much rather make fun of you, and them, in the hopes that the thread tanks and falls off the front page.

In reply to:

How cowardly. :shock:

Ha ha, made you resort to simple name-calling. ;-) I guess that means it's MY turn, eh? OK, you sh1t-whored, m0therfvcking, cumbucket of a spooge-guzzling, microcephalic, jesus-blowing, tradman-humper.

that do?

did I just violate the terms of service? Do I care? ;-)

bumblie

Feb 1, 2005, 6:20 PM
Post #97 of 138 (1832 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Keep ducking Dumblie.

You can't really be a dim as you seem.

What am I ducking???

robbovius

Feb 1, 2005, 6:21 PM
Post #98 of 138 (1832 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Keep ducking Dumblie.

ah SH1T! ya beat me to it!

*high five!*

vertical_reality

Feb 1, 2005, 6:27 PM
Post #99 of 138 (1832 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Keep ducking Dumblie.

What am I ducking???

BTW, at least two times in this thread alone you dodged questions. Don't bother to ask me where, try reading the thread.

bumblie

Feb 1, 2005, 6:35 PM
Post #100 of 138 (1832 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
Keep ducking Dumblie.

What am I ducking???

BTW, at least two times in this thread alone you dodged questions. Don't bother to ask me where, try reading the thread.

The questions were irrelevant to the thread topic. This has been explained. Sorry you can't grasp the obvious.

A question for you: Does it bother you that your mom is a back alley ho', servicing whatever scumbag can spare a fiver? No dodging, now.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook