RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bouldering

Premier Sponsor:

lazymonkey

Jul 11, 2011, 5:58 PM
Post #1 of 6 (2703 views)
Shortcut

Summertime Bouldering/DWS in the NE??
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Heres the jist of it...im a gumby, only been climbing about 9 months but am completely obsessed. I live about an hour south of the gunks and have the next couple weeks off from work..where should I go? there is 0 friction in the gunks right now and I know a bunxh of locals who stick to night climbing till it's fall again..so yea no thanks.

Was thinking of going north to the adks or maybe rumney, but am worried the bugs may be even worse than they are down here..I am only climbing v4/v5 stuff, how is pa rock in the summer like haycock etc? Less friction dependent than the gunks I hope?

And real quick...can someone tell me where the deep water soloing stuff is in the NE? Ive heard theres some stuff in CT...any advice/tips much appreciated

saint_john

Jul 11, 2011, 6:54 PM
Post #2 of 6 (2690 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lazymonkey] Summertime Bouldering/DWS in the NE?? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lazymonkey wrote:
Heres the jist of it...im a gumby, only been climbing about 9 months but am completely obsessed. I live about an hour south of the gunks and have the next couple weeks off from work..where should I go? there is 0 friction in the gunks right now and I know a bunxh of locals who stick to night climbing till it's fall again..so yea no thanks.

Was thinking of going north to the adks or maybe rumney, but am worried the bugs may be even worse than they are down here..I am only climbing v4/v5 stuff, how is pa rock in the summer like haycock etc? Less friction dependent than the gunks I hope?

And real quick...can someone tell me where the deep water soloing stuff is in the NE? Ive heard theres some stuff in CT...any advice/tips much appreciated

you're climbing v4/v5 after 9 months? what v4/v5 problems have you sent?

lazymonkey

Jul 11, 2011, 8:28 PM
Post #3 of 6 (2667 views)
Shortcut

Re: [saint_john] Summertime Bouldering/DWS in the NE?? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

a few around the upstate ny/ct area....and sorry shouldve clarified....i project v4..and have only sent 1 outside v5...which was downgraded to a v3 by gunx locals....soooo ive really only pulled plastic v5 in the gym..9 months and i have mastered SPRAY!

lazymonkey

Jul 13, 2011, 4:41 PM
Post #4 of 6 (2616 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cmon dudes help me out

JoeHamilton

Jul 17, 2011, 8:38 PM
Post #5 of 6 (2571 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

rumnney is great this time of year ,bring bug spray though ,they are out there .. I was just there last week ,mountain Pines campground on rt25 is 30 bucks a night ,close to the rock ,and nice , I enjoyed my stay there alot and plan to return ..PM me and ill give ya there number ,. the Bouldering is great . even though I could only pull of some v-3 's I did as many v-0---v3 as I could possibly do haveing my daughter and ex wife with me ..

Learner

Jul 21, 2011, 4:15 AM
Post #6 of 6 (2520 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

So, you want to boulder in Nebraska?

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook