RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Competition Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

denorza2009

Dec 30, 2009, 6:35 PM
Post #1 of 4 (2674 views)
Shortcut

Finding local comps
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi,

I want to start competing for fun probably with bouldering to start.

I'm looking for a list or schedule of upcoming comps in my area, southern california.

Is there a good site for this, so far what I've run across has just been piecemeal happen to notice advertisement for comp here or there.

I see usaclimbing lists their own which I guess are the biggest? but haven't found much else w/o checking gyms individually, thanks.

lena_chita

Jan 4, 2010, 4:48 PM
Post #2 of 4 (2619 views)
Shortcut

Re: [denorza2009] Finding local comps [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

If you look on usaclimbing for ABS comps, they list by state/city and not just regional cometitions--everything. Some of the local comps can be quite small.

But if you are looking for random competitions organized by local gyms on their own, not under the ABS umbrella, then there is no centralized site for that, as far as I know. You can ask the gyms in the area to put you on the E-mail notification list for comps/news, check their websites, etc.

edge

Jan 4, 2010, 6:27 PM
Post #3 of 4 (2605 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Really, there are no websites which lists all of the comps available to your locality.

Your best bet is to check http://www.usaclimbing.org as they manage "official" comps for bouldering and roped climbing.

For fun and "unofficial" comps, you should find a list of gyms in your immediate area (try http://www.indoorclimbing.com for links) and add yourself to their mailing list.

Have fun, and don't hesitate to search the Comp Climbers forum for followup questions.

longdraws

Feb 13, 2010, 6:48 PM
Post #4 of 4 (2430 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A lot of So Cal gyms have started doing small level boulder comps every time they reset their bouldering.

RockCity in Anaheim Hills will be doing a comp every four months that's open to anyone and is very inexpensive. The next one is Friday March 12th and only $15 for non-members to compete!

-matt

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Competition Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook