RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bouldering

Premier Sponsor:

fsacb3

Jun 19, 2011, 11:50 AM
Post #1 of 3 (2306 views)
Shortcut

Summer bouldering/camping suggestions
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I tried searching for this subject but I had trouble figuring out what keywords would get the best results. Plus I'm stupid. So please don't yell at me for asking a frequently asked question.

I'm looking for a place to camp and boulder this august. I'd like to be able to camp for free or very cheaply and have easy access to tons of great climbs. I don't mind hot as long as climbing is still possible and semi-enjoyable.

Any spots in the US that fit the bill?

Squamish? Is it possible to exist up there without a car?

Thanks

siriantrevor

Jun 20, 2011, 7:30 PM
Post #2 of 3 (2233 views)
Shortcut

Re: [fsacb3] Summer bouldering/camping suggestions [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

There's a guide book called Squamish Select that I'd recommend. Guidebook's about 20 bucks. It is doable without a car. I know a few people that have gone via greyhound for a trip there. Best of luck!

fearofflying

Jun 21, 2011, 4:32 PM
Post #3 of 3 (2208 views)
Shortcut

Re: [fsacb3] Summer bouldering/camping suggestions [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Squamish is an incredible place to boulder, sport climb, trad climb and alpine climb...in other words Squamish has it all. Okay I'm boasting but heck it's true.

Check out this article regarding Bouldering in Squamish. http://www.ukclimbing.com/...les/page.php?id=3581

Now for all kinds of info on climbing/bouldering in squamish check out squamishclimbing.com

The camping at the Chief campground is memorable and a blast. It's got to be one of the only true climber's campgrounds aside from Camp 4 around. Meet and climb with people from all over the world. Walk to the boulders in the rain forest, in the shadow of the Chief from your site. You don't need a car, and it's relatively cheap $8 a night.

Have a great time.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook