Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

hardheaded

Feb 26, 2010, 10:28 PM
Post #1 of 49 (7429 views)
Shortcut

I'm a NooB
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am totally new to climbing, but i am more interested in what i was told is free climbing, no ropes. I have alot to learn before that, but how can i get started towards that goal?[reply]

clews

Feb 26, 2010, 10:56 PM
Post #2 of 49 (7415 views)
Shortcut

Re: [hardheaded] I'm a NooB [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (4 ratings)  
Can't Post

fuck off

hardheaded

Feb 26, 2010, 11:01 PM
Post #3 of 49 (7408 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clews] I'm a NooB [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

whats that about? you think im kidding, i just want to learn to climb, why is that a problem?
In reply to:

shimanilami

Feb 26, 2010, 11:06 PM
Post #4 of 49 (7399 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

I'm with Clews.

clews

Feb 26, 2010, 11:10 PM
Post #5 of 49 (7391 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Because you come here saying you've never climbed before and want to free solo... If you're serious I appoligize but you appear to be nothing more than a troll

hardheaded

Feb 26, 2010, 11:14 PM
Post #6 of 49 (7386 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clews] I'm a NooB [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i understand that im not ready for that, and im sorry if thats what i made it seem like, i deffinetly need ropes at first, and considering i get hurt alot in my general life style, it would be years before i would actually consider trying free solo, i just want to learn from the beginning, and learn the right way, i deffinetly did not mean to affend anyone by assuming i would be ready for something like that, i was just trying to state that thats what my goal is.

curt

Feb 26, 2010, 11:18 PM
Post #7 of 49 (7378 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (7 ratings)  
Can't Post

Just throw yourself off the top of a cliff now--and save everyone a lot aggravation.

Curt

Partner j_ung

Feb 26, 2010, 11:19 PM
Post #8 of 49 (7374 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (4 ratings)  
Can't Post

hardheaded wrote:
I am totally new to climbing, but i am more interested in what i was told is free climbing, no ropes. I have alot to learn before that, but how can i get started towards that goal?[reply]

That's not "free climbing." It's free soloing.

Don't become a soloist. Become a climber, and then decide how to proceed from there. Read through this. It's a LOT of information, but there are many different opinions on many different subjects. You might also search "free soloing" here. This thread in particular might give you some insight into why you're already getting a negative response. The original video link in there is gone (anybody know where it is?), but in a nutshell, it involved a guy free soloing when he really shouldn't have been. He falls. He decks. He gets lucky and limps away from it.

Edit: here it is: http://vimeo.com/7858740

(This post was edited by j_ung on Feb 26, 2010, 11:24 PM)

hardheaded

Feb 26, 2010, 11:35 PM
Post #9 of 49 (7349 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] I'm a NooB [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

thank you jung for pointing me in the right direction on getting started to learn to climb, as i can see there are alot of dicks out there, thanks for the links, and to the rest of the rock climbing superheros, sorry for stepping towards the edge of your world, make sure your capes dont get caught in your ropes!!

Alpine07

Feb 26, 2010, 11:38 PM
Post #10 of 49 (7345 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] I'm a NooB [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
Edit: here it is: http://vimeo.com/7858740

You didn't! Haha. I put in my vote for 37 pages. And at least one person threatening another's uncle and getting banzed!

onceahardman

Feb 26, 2010, 11:39 PM
Post #11 of 49 (7345 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hardheaded wrote:
i understand that im not ready for that, and im sorry if thats what i made it seem like, i deffinetly need ropes at first, and considering i get hurt alot in my general life style, it would be years before i would actually consider trying free solo, i just want to learn from the beginning, and learn the right way, i deffinetly did not mean to affend anyone by assuming i would be ready for something like that, i was just trying to state that thats what my goal is.

I'm deffinetly not affended.

hardheaded

Feb 26, 2010, 11:41 PM
Post #12 of 49 (7340 views)
Shortcut

Re: [onceahardman] I'm a NooB [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I just don't understand why its a problem that i want to learn to climb, im on the website for five minutes, and ive already made about ten enemies, as if im not takin this serious

theguy

Feb 26, 2010, 11:58 PM
Post #13 of 49 (7317 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Conflict makes for more motivated posters, so most posts are by enemies: it's just a question of whether you've come to their attention yet...

... and on that count, you're off to a fantastic start, so give yourself a pat on the back, and welcome to rc.com

majid_sabet

Feb 27, 2010, 12:54 AM
Post #14 of 49 (7288 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

hardheaded wrote:

I know a guy who could help you out. he has done half dome in 2 hours and 32 minutes and 30 sec and without rope so do not worry about these as*holes in here who tell you go eat sh*t and die ok

they are just bunch of pussies who can't leave home without their gear and

OHH ya they can't start their car without their TOPO

by the way, what your name so i could look up on my next report

bennydh

Feb 27, 2010, 1:51 AM
Post #15 of 49 (7259 views)
Shortcut

Re: [majid_sabet] I'm a NooB [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
hardheaded wrote:

I know a guy who could help you out. he has done half dome in 2 hours and 32 minutes and 30 sec and without rope so do not worry about these as*holes in here who tell you go eat sh*t and die ok

Majid! Are your written English skills improving? I'm less confused as to when you are being sarcastic, and when you are being a complete idiot. (Yes, I know they are not mutually exclusive)

Honestly, it is more fun when I get to tell you to STFU, and try again in 'engrish'. Unimpressed

johnwesely

Feb 27, 2010, 1:54 AM
Post #16 of 49 (7257 views)
Shortcut

Re: [onceahardman] I'm a NooB [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

onceahardman wrote:
hardheaded wrote:

I'm deffinetly not affended.

How could you be?

jeepnphreak

Feb 27, 2010, 2:54 AM
Post #17 of 49 (7231 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hardheaded wrote:
I just don't understand why its a problem that i want to learn to climb, im on the website for five minutes, and ive already made about ten enemies, as if im not takin this serious

Assuming yer not trolling...
Telling this crowd that Iam a noob and help me free solo is akin to telling someing one I dont know jack about somthing so help me kill my self.
As j_ung linked there is a ton to learn and do on rope well be for you should go out of free solo.
Get your feet underyou and get ALOT of proper technique first. Keep your will updated, most free soloists are short lived. Cimb safe and dont end up in the obits quite yet.

curt

Feb 27, 2010, 3:20 AM
Post #18 of 49 (7224 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

hardheaded wrote:

Oh, I doubt if you're anyone's enemy. You're not worth that level of personal investment.

Curt

hardheaded

Feb 27, 2010, 3:50 AM
Post #19 of 49 (7208 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jeepnphreak] I'm a NooB [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

thats just it, everyone has misunderstood, i never meant that i was planning on going out my first time with free solo, i was just trying to find a way to get my foot in the door of the sport, to learn the right skills, spend some years learning, in hopes that i could be that good some day, but so many people with their heads up their ass's make an attempt at shooting me down, i just happened to see a guy climb with nothing to help or guide him, and made me want to give rock climbing a try, so i guess thats a problem, and i thought my sport was a rough, so like a said earlier, all you assholes can keep being assholes, it won't stop me from finding someone that is willing to point me in the direction of learning this skill.

yosemite26

Feb 27, 2010, 3:58 AM
Post #20 of 49 (7199 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

dude...thats retarted you cant just be like my goal is to free solo...you dont deserve to climb if thats your logic. your putting everyone else in harms way with you bein a *#$! idiot

milesenoell

Feb 27, 2010, 4:11 AM
Post #21 of 49 (7187 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Climbing is one of those things in life that somehow escaped being regulated into oblivion, which makes it very rewarding and special because you can do it your own way and play for all the marbles. The only way it has a shred of a chance of staying that way is if it stays a little hard to get into. Climbing is lots of fun but it needs to be taken seriously, otherwise you can ruin the fun for all the rest of us.

It's not that anyone here particularly cares if you kill yourself.

We'd just really prefer that you not do it in such a way that it results in climbing attracts unwanted attention and becomes regulated into a "safe" sport. Free soloing is probably the single biggest threat to the freedom from regulation and crag access.

(This post was edited by milesenoell on Feb 27, 2010, 4:13 AM)

freakthem1ghty

Feb 27, 2010, 4:25 AM
Post #22 of 49 (7180 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

thats so sad how a noob is trying to join the climbing comunity and you guys are going of on him. maybe he seemed a bit uninformed about the free climbing thing but thats why you need to TELL him. try lending a hand instead of being a dick.

dr_feelgood

Feb 27, 2010, 5:12 AM
Post #23 of 49 (7161 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bennydh] I'm a NooB [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

bennydh wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
hardheaded wrote:

Majid! Are your written English skills improving? I'm less confused as to when you are being sarcastic, and when you are being a complete idiot. (Yes, I know they are not mutually exclusive)

Honestly, it is more fun when I get to tell you to STFU, and try again in 'engrish'. Unimpressed

Ah, thinly veiled racism in the form of a shot at majid's english skills.

majid_sabet

Feb 27, 2010, 5:48 AM
Post #24 of 49 (7147 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] I'm a NooB [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
bennydh wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
hardheaded wrote:

Ah, thinly veiled racism in the form of a shot at majid's english skills.

you know, you boys can only penetrate your bullet on the English subject and you are lucky that I was born on a camel on the other side, otherwise, I would be eating you alive like felafel.

curt

Feb 27, 2010, 5:55 AM
Post #25 of 49 (7142 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hardheaded wrote:
thats just it, everyone has misunderstood, i never meant that i was planning on going out my first time with free solo, i was just trying to find a way to get my foot in the door of the sport, to learn the right skills, spend some years learning, in hopes that i could be that good some day, but so many people with their heads up their ass's make an attempt at shooting me down, i just happened to see a guy climb with nothing to help or guide him, and made me want to give rock climbing a try, so i guess thats a problem, and i thought my sport was a rough, so like a said earlier, all you assholes can keep being assholes, it won't stop me from finding someone that is willing to point me in the direction of learning this skill.

Good for you. By the way, "ass's" is possessive, where as you probably meant "asses" which is plural. Now go fuck off, eat shit and die.

Curt

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook