RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

Gdog42

Jul 2, 2013, 9:42 PM
Post #1 of 1 (2177 views)
Shortcut

Black Diamond Focus Harness
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Good morning everyone.

I'm quite interested in the Black Diamond Focus harness, but none of my local stores sell it so I can't try it on without ordering it.
I have tried on the Aspect harness though, and the waist belt was really thin and stiff. It just dug in when I tried it on and was uncomfortable to wear, so I didn't buy it.

The Focus harness has the exact same shape in the waist belt as the Aspect, but with a different-looking padding. It's also made for 3-season use, whereas the Aspect is designed mostly for Winter use which could be why the waist belt is so minimal (to be worn over thicker layers of clothing)

The Focus is not supposed to be winter use, but I'm still not sure about it being the same style as the Aspect but with non-adjustable leg loops.

Here's my question: Has anyone here tried on both the old Momentum (the one without the new ventilation) and the new Focus harness, or the new Aspect and the new Focus? Or all 3?

If so, how do the waist belts compare for comfort? I asked BD and they said that the new Focus has a similar stiffness as the Aspect but an extra layer of EVA padding. But I'm not sure if that would make much difference.

Thanks for whatever info you might have.

(This post was edited by Gdog42 on Jul 2, 2013, 9:44 PM)

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook