Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

KSanders

Oct 22, 2008, 10:03 PM
Post #26 of 32 (559 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kayak0319] Begginer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

kayak0319 wrote:
I realized that I didn't really say the right things at first. I should have stated my location, and things like that. I am serious about climbing though. I have always wanted to do it. The thing is, think back to when all of you guys started. How would you have like it if you sought help and all you got was comments that made you re-think about who to talk to about your questions. All I asked for was a little advice and what I got was negativity.

Don't take anything to heart--its just the ritual RC.com hazing experience.

shockabuku

Oct 22, 2008, 10:10 PM
Post #27 of 32 (556 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kayak0319 wrote:
It wasn't like I was touchy, its like what I posted a min ago. I asked for help and got negativity. I am sorry for sounding mean but its true.

Actually, you were. You gotta roll with the punches to get the full value here. Most of the people on this site are into emotional S&M.Wink

flipnfall

Oct 22, 2008, 10:44 PM
Post #28 of 32 (546 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This should have been titled "Begginer at typeing" Laugh (I'm not good a spelling either Wink).

Anyway, welcome to the climbing community. I will happily answer any questions you may have about trad or sport without the public hazing if you'd like to PM me. Wink I've been climbing for over 20 years, so I've had a lot of exposure to all kinds of places and climbing.

GT

flipnfall

Oct 22, 2008, 10:48 PM
Post #29 of 32 (542 views)
Shortcut

Re: [KSanders] Begginer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

KSanders wrote:
kayak0319 wrote:
I realized that I didn't really say the right things at first. I should have stated my location, and things like that. I am serious about climbing though. I have always wanted to do it. The thing is, think back to when all of you guys started. How would you have like it if you sought help and all you got was comments that made you re-think about who to talk to about your questions. All I asked for was a little advice and what I got was negativity.

Don't take anything to heart--its just the ritual RC.com hazing experience.

What's amazing is that it only took him 12 posts to his name and he's got the routine down. It took me only 5 posts back when I signed up to realize that most people want to haze you for being new. Just ignore the hazing and keep on posting. You'll get too discouraged if you fight back. We at RC.com are all like a bunch of bullies looking for the "weaker" kids to pick on so we can feel tough.Tongue

If I pick on you, it's nothing personal. I'm just defending my status on the totem pole.Laugh

GT

KSanders

Oct 22, 2008, 10:54 PM
Post #30 of 32 (537 views)
Shortcut

Re: [shockabuku] Begginer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

shockabuku wrote:
kayak0319 wrote:
It wasn't like I was touchy, its like what I posted a min ago. I asked for help and got negativity. I am sorry for sounding mean but its true.

Actually, you were. You gotta roll with the punches to get the full value here. Most of the people on this site are into emotional S&M.Wink

Emotional S&M...that's a good one.

crimpandgo

Oct 22, 2008, 11:46 PM
Post #31 of 32 (522 views)
Shortcut

Re: [KSanders] Begginer [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

One more newbie pissed off. way to go.

I vote it takes 5 more posts before they say " I am out heeeerrrree " :)TongueBlush

Ponchieman

Oct 23, 2008, 1:38 PM
Post #32 of 32 (497 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Anyway the gunks are a great place for climbing if you live in NY. Off you go to New Paltz! My favourite place around there as a total beginner has been Peter's Kill, a lot of really easy stuff. Just make sure you find an experienced partner.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook