Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
trad for rest days
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

goopsta

Feb 16, 2007, 3:27 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1691 views)
Shortcut

trad for rest days  (North_America: United_States: Texas: West_Texas: Hueco_Tanks_State_Historic_Site)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm going to Hueco for a week to boulder in late March. I know I can't boulder hard for more than 2 or 3 days straight, and was thinking about doing easy trad (5.6 or 5.7) on one of my rest days. Any advice on interesting routes, particularly in the shade? I realize Hueco is THE place to boulder but I'd rather be climbing than just chilling on a rest day.

granite_grrl

Feb 16, 2007, 4:35 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1660 views)
Shortcut

Re: [goopsta] trad for rest days [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

goopsta wrote:
I'm going to Hueco for a week to boulder in late March. I know I can't boulder hard for more than 2 or 3 days straight, and was thinking about doing easy trad (5.6 or 5.7) on one of my rest days. Any advice on interesting routes, particularly in the shade? I realize Hueco is THE place to boulder but I'd rather be climbing than just chilling on a rest day.

When I went to Hueco I thought I was going to do this. Never happened. Not enough people interested to join me on routes, and it was nice to head into El Paso to catch up on errands and hang out with people, or head over to Juarez.

I'd check the guide book and then spend some time looking for partners.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook