Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
New Bolts and Anchors at Lincoln
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

scrux

Jun 14, 2004, 11:07 PM
Post #1 of 2 (1960 views)
Shortcut

New Bolts and Anchors at Lincoln  (North_America: United_States: Arkansas: Ozarks: Lake_Lincoln_Crags)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I felt the need to replace the shuts atop Aracnaphobia and Paco's Taco before they wore completely through where someone could be seriously hurt or die. These anchors are much stronger than the other anchors that were there before (which you can find at the local tractor supply store.) These new anchors are super shuts which have gates like carabiners so the rope does not come back out the top. I have also added a bolt to Charlie Don't Surf because of its serious ground fall potential. I also felt that the route I call Smeaglin' it up was in serious need of bolting for lead; which was done on the 6th of June. The anchors atop Aracnaphobia and Paco's Taco were split 50/50 between I (Scott Fitzgerald) and the La Casa Pollo 200+ Climbing Club owner (Richard Ruhland). If you would like to donate any funds to help pay for the new hardware at Lincoln then please do so at the Climbing Club. Any funds raised will be regarded highly and will go straight towards the hardware and bolting of more routes at lincoln, unless I find that a large number of people are against it. Any routes bolted would only be bolted if there are no natural pro placements (exept for face trad protection). Thanks for any helping funds or responce in this issue. :) Scott

rustedradio

Dec 2, 2009, 3:07 AM
Post #2 of 2 (1338 views)
Shortcut

Re: [scrux] New Bolts and Anchors at Lincoln [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Im glad you put your time into Lincoln. Ive climbed there for about 6 years now. Its still my home.. Oh and smeaglin it up, relaxing fun route thanks for the hardware. Guess I need to go pay you and Richard and visit I havent seen him in 2 years at least, hope he is doing well...

I hope to run into you at some point..take care

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook