Forums: Climbing Information: Trip Reports:
The Gift of the Majid
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Trip Reports

Premier Sponsor:

 
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All


sungam


Nov 30, 2009, 3:45 AM
Post #51 of 83 (3189 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26476

Re: [Adk] The Gift of the Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

ptftw!


dynosore


Dec 2, 2009, 9:20 AM
Post #52 of 83 (3093 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 29, 2004
Posts: 1758

Re: [sungam] The Gift of the Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'd like to see trip report ftw!


kylekienitz


Dec 2, 2009, 10:46 AM
Post #53 of 83 (3054 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 24, 2005
Posts: 256

Re: [dynosore] The Gift of the Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

MSTRFTW!!!!1111!


quiteatingmysteak


Dec 2, 2009, 11:11 AM
Post #54 of 83 (3036 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 15, 2004
Posts: 804

Re: [camhead] The Gift of the Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
photoguy190 wrote:
1400 red arrows will take a lot of time, I'll be patient

hahahahaha! You're making jokes about arrows! Because that's what Majid does in his photoshopped illustrations! That's really funny! Nobody has ever made that joke before! hahahahahahah!

tough crowd.


donald949


Dec 3, 2009, 10:38 AM
Post #55 of 83 (2988 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 24, 2007
Posts: 11307

Re: [majid_sabet] The Gift of the Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
I am but it is almost four pages long so far and without any photos. going over 1400 photos taken by 40 different cameras is not an easy task.

You will have it this weekend

Still waiting and hoping for a real TR with climbing related pics


majid_sabet


Dec 3, 2009, 11:41 AM
Post #56 of 83 (2938 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 12, 2002
Posts: 8328

Re: [donald949] The Gift of the Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
I am but it is almost four pages long so far and without any photos. going over 1400 photos taken by 40 different cameras is not an easy task.

You will have it this weekend

Still waiting and hoping for a real TR with climbing related pics

My TR was not much of climbing but more like training climbers to save their as*es in worse case scenarios using proper colored arrows . Unfortunately , I got cut in the middle of some heavy duty politics governing the climbing groups during this TR and I am trying to decide if I want to share that experience in the report. I know you guys want to have it all but publishing some of the stuff could come and hunt my as* in future.Basically, it was an ugly situation and I am kind of got stuck in the middle of it right between climbers and those in the dark side so just wait.
You guys will have it . So far, its like 11 pages long TR and over 1500 photos.


(This post was edited by majid_sabet on Dec 3, 2009, 11:42 AM)


camhead


Dec 3, 2009, 11:43 AM
Post #57 of 83 (2933 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 9, 2001
Posts: 20656

Re: [majid_sabet] The Gift of the Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
donald949 wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
I am but it is almost four pages long so far and without any photos. going over 1400 photos taken by 40 different cameras is not an easy task.

You will have it this weekend

Still waiting and hoping for a real TR with climbing related pics

My TR was not much of climbing but more like training climbers to save their as*es in worse case scenarios using proper colored arrows . Unfortunately , I got cut in the middle of some heavy duty politics governing the climbing groups during this TR and I am trying to decide if I want to share that experience in the report. I know you guys want to have it all but publishing some of the stuff could come and hunt my as* in future.Basically, it was an ugly situation and I am kind of got stuck in the middle of it right between climbers and those in the dark side so just be patient .
You guys will have it . So far, its like 11 pages long TR and over 1500 photos.

By "Dark Side" are you talking government agencies? You don't have to answer, of course. At the very least, I would be psyched to see more photos.


majid_sabet


Dec 3, 2009, 11:50 AM
Post #58 of 83 (2923 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 12, 2002
Posts: 8328

Re: [camhead] The Gift of the Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
donald949 wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
I am but it is almost four pages long so far and without any photos. going over 1400 photos taken by 40 different cameras is not an easy task.

You will have it this weekend

Still waiting and hoping for a real TR with climbing related pics

My TR was not much of climbing but more like training climbers to save their as*es in worse case scenarios using proper colored arrows . Unfortunately , I got cut in the middle of some heavy duty politics governing the climbing groups during this TR and I am trying to decide if I want to share that experience in the report. I know you guys want to have it all but publishing some of the stuff could come and hunt my as* in future.Basically, it was an ugly situation and I am kind of got stuck in the middle of it right between climbers and those in the dark side so just be patient .
You guys will have it . So far, its like 11 pages long TR and over 1500 photos.

By "Dark Side" are you talking government agencies? You don't have to answer, of course. At the very least, I would be psyched to see more photos.

yes, an agency that govern climbing activities with strong ties with men in black .


kylekienitz


Dec 3, 2009, 11:54 AM
Post #59 of 83 (2917 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Apr 24, 2005
Posts: 256

Re: [majid_sabet] The Gift of the Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
yes, an agency that govern climbing activities with strong ties with men in black .

Holy crap this is gonna be good. Wait... you're talking about the movie right?


gogounou


Dec 4, 2009, 8:02 AM
Post #60 of 83 (2841 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 20, 2006
Posts: 542

Re: [ClimbClimb] The Gift of the Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

ClimbClimb wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
the driver of the truck ( rolled in green blanket) is sleeping and he is not dead

wow! good to hear he isn't dead, fascinating to see how tough people can be... the watermelons are a nice touch -- everyone should carry watermelons as safety equipment for desert crashes

Those aren't watermelons, they're helmets.

J


ClimbClimb


Dec 4, 2009, 8:10 AM
Post #61 of 83 (2833 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jan 5, 2009
Posts: 387

Re: [kylekienitz] The Gift of the Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

kylekienitz wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
yes, an agency that govern climbing activities with strong ties with men in black .

Holy crap this is gonna be good. Wait... you're talking about the movie right?

This is going to be better than "Vertical Limit", plus uranium instead of TNT! Can't wait. ;-)


gimmeslack


Dec 4, 2009, 8:22 AM
Post #62 of 83 (2824 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 24, 2006
Posts: 134

Re: [majid_sabet] The Gift of the Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

"So far, its like 11 pages long TR and over 1500 photos. "

Photos are for sissies. We want ARROWS!!!


kostik


Dec 4, 2009, 11:59 AM
Post #63 of 83 (2789 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 26, 2005
Posts: 275

Re: [majid_sabet] The Gift of the Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:

yes, an agency that govern climbing activities with strong ties with men in black .

If the agency were American I would have thought twice, but it's some fucking alien agency, so who cares. They don't even read rc.com, or English. Just post your TR, Majid.


majid_sabet


Dec 4, 2009, 12:34 PM
Post #64 of 83 (2768 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 12, 2002
Posts: 8328

Re: [kostik] The Gift of the Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

kostik wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:

yes, an agency that govern climbing activities with strong ties with men in black .

If the agency were American I would have thought twice, but it's some fucking alien agency, so who cares. They don't even read rc.com, or English. Just post your TR, Majid.

what you guys know about other climbers in the world ? especially those in the third world ?

do you think they got the freedom to do whatever they want as long as its climbing related ?


kostik


Dec 4, 2009, 12:50 PM
Post #65 of 83 (2756 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 26, 2005
Posts: 275

Re: [majid_sabet] The Gift of the Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:

what you guys know about other climbers in the world ? especially those in the third world ?

do you think they got the freedom to do whatever they want as long as its climbing related ?

I know only the first and the second worlds' climbers.

It is for sure, however, that if you don't post your TR, I'll definitely never ever know anything about the 3rd world climbers and their problems.


dingus


Dec 4, 2009, 12:52 PM
Post #66 of 83 (2754 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 16, 2002
Posts: 17361

Re: [kostik] The Gift of the Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

kostik wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:

what you guys know about other climbers in the world ? especially those in the third world ?

do you think they got the freedom to do whatever they want as long as its climbing related ?

I know only the first and the second worlds' climbers.

It is for sure, however, that if you don't post your TR, I'll definitely never ever know anything about the 3rd world climbers and their problems.

Post it!

Post it. Post it. Post it.

Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.Post it. Post it. Post it.


altelis


Dec 4, 2009, 3:39 PM
Post #67 of 83 (2707 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Nov 10, 2004
Posts: 2168

Re: [majid_sabet] The Gift of the Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
kostik wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:

yes, an agency that govern climbing activities with strong ties with men in black .

If the agency were American I would have thought twice, but it's some fucking alien agency, so who cares. They don't even read rc.com, or English. Just post your TR, Majid.

what you guys know about other climbers in the world ? especially those in the third world ?

do you think they got the freedom to do whatever they want as long as its climbing related ?


Wait.........

There is a THIRD world? Hell, I didn't even know there was a SECOND world? Parallel universe type thing or do I need to start investing in heavier drugs?

oh yea, there's also this:



adatesman


Dec 4, 2009, 3:55 PM
Post #68 of 83 (2703 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 13, 2005
Posts: 3479

Post deleted by adatesman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

 


majid_sabet


Dec 4, 2009, 5:31 PM
Post #69 of 83 (2665 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 12, 2002
Posts: 8328

Re: [adatesman] The Gift of the Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

you guys ever heard of climbing mafias ?

a sort of network where they control importation of climbing equipments, climbing educations and closely watch your group activities ? both domestically and international ?

ohh what a surprise that none of the RCers ever thought about men in black .

what a shame


adatesman


Dec 4, 2009, 5:44 PM
Post #70 of 83 (2657 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jul 13, 2005
Posts: 3479

Post deleted by adatesman [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

 


Toast_in_the_Machine


Dec 4, 2009, 7:59 PM
Post #71 of 83 (2622 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 11, 2008
Posts: 5184

Re: [adatesman] The Gift of the Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

adatesman wrote:
Methinks the general populace here on RC isn't exactly well traveled, Majid, especially when it comes to places that are not exactly safe to go if you're a westerner. As you undoubtedly know, not everywhere is Kansas.

{edit: spelling}

Which is good because the climbing is shite in Kansas.


kostik


Dec 4, 2009, 8:28 PM
Post #72 of 83 (2606 views)
Shortcut

Registered: May 26, 2005
Posts: 275

Re: [altelis] The Gift of the Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

altelis wrote:


There is a THIRD world? Hell, I didn't even know there was a SECOND world?

Some time ago I posted pics of female climbers from the second world. They could not afford capilene Patagonia T-shirts to cover their nakedness, so they climbed DWS topless. The pics were deleted because this site is queer. They allow 'weekly boobs' from models, but not from climbers.

The 3rd world climbers probably can afford even less.


kobaz


Dec 5, 2009, 12:54 PM
Post #73 of 83 (2555 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Sep 19, 2004
Posts: 717

Re: [majid_sabet] The Gift of the Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
I am but it is almost four pages long so far and without any photos. going over 1400 photos taken by 40 different cameras is not an easy task.

You will have it this weekend

It's been almost two weeks now... do you have perhaps, the first few pages ready?


sungam


Dec 5, 2009, 1:04 PM
Post #74 of 83 (2551 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Jun 24, 2004
Posts: 26476

Re: [kobaz] The Gift of the Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

kobaz wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
I am but it is almost four pages long so far and without any photos. going over 1400 photos taken by 40 different cameras is not an easy task.

You will have it this weekend

It's been almost two weeks now... do you have perhaps, the first few pages ready?
It took him months to tell us how he fucked up his thumb- don't hold your breath.
I am psyched, though.


areyoumydude


Dec 6, 2009, 10:25 AM
Post #75 of 83 (2467 views)
Shortcut

Registered: Dec 27, 2003
Posts: 1971

Re: [sungam] The Gift of the Majid [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Majid, I didn't Know you had kids. Love the stache.



First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Trip Reports

 


Search for (options)

Log In:

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?
$53.96 (10% off)
$15.26 (10% off)
$120.02 (10% off)
$2.66 (10% off)



Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook