RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

bmaurice

Jul 10, 2009, 12:50 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1095 views)
Shortcut

wrist/top of hand injured
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I was out climbing yesturday and tweaked my hand, the pain is on the top of my hand just before my wrist on the pinky side. im really bummed was suppose to go to rumney this weakend but i dont want to make it worse. any sujestions on treatment should i ice or wrap?

im really hoping this doesnt turn into a permanent injury,

bmaurice

Jul 10, 2009, 3:15 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1075 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bmaurice] wrist/top of hand injured [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

so ive bean researching a bit, my flexor carpi unaris is mvoing and popping a bit when i rotate my wrist. and i a continuely crack my pinky and ring finger. doesnt hurt unless i apply pressure in certain ways.

onceahardman

Jul 10, 2009, 9:39 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1062 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bmaurice wrote:
so ive bean researching a bit, my flexor carpi unaris is mvoing and popping a bit when i rotate my wrist. and i a continuely crack my pinky and ring finger. doesnt hurt unless i apply pressure in certain ways.

The palm is the front (anterior) of your hand. The back (posterior) is the back of your hand. I don't know what the top of your hand is. My guess would be, the side bordering the wrist.

What are the "specific ways" that applied pressure hurts?

1) stop cracking your pinky and ring finger.

2) Does resisted wrist flexion (ie, specifically firing flexor carpi ulnaris) hurt? Or does it just move? Does the uninjured wrist move differently? how so?

bmaurice

Jul 11, 2009, 12:36 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1048 views)
Shortcut

Re: [onceahardman] wrist/top of hand injured [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

its the posterior part of my hand, the pain is from my wrist to halfway to my knuckles. and my ulnaris just moves a little when i move my wrist. im not sure if its new or im just noticing it since im paying a lot of atention to my wrist.

it mainly hurts when my thumbs up and my palms is sideways like a karate chop, and i put pressure on my thumb. pushups are rather un comfortable as well. although pushups seem to hurt more my wrist anterior side of my hand.

onceahardman

Jul 11, 2009, 5:25 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1028 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bmaurice wrote:
its the posterior part of my hand, the pain is from my wrist to halfway to my knuckles. and my ulnaris just moves a little when i move my wrist. im not sure if its new or im just noticing it since im paying a lot of atention to my wrist.

it mainly hurts when my thumbs up and my palms is sideways like a karate chop, and i put pressure on my thumb. pushups are rather un comfortable as well. although pushups seem to hurt more my wrist anterior side of my hand.

When your thumb is up, are you pushing straight down on your thumb? And that is when you get pain on the ulnar(pinky) side of your hand?

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook