RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

skaterbotyo

Jul 17, 2003, 12:05 AM
Post #1 of 5 (1196 views)
Shortcut

board or wall
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am either going to build a small bouldering wall in my garage, or put up a hangboard in my room. The wall would be about 10x4 feet at a 30 degree angle. I would use metolius holds, the bouldering set (12 holds) and the 30 small hold variety set. OR- I will put a Metolius simulator hangboard in my room.

What do you think would be the most useful for training?

also: could I use the wall like a hang board, even though it's overhanging?

b_fost

Jul 17, 2003, 12:39 AM
Post #2 of 5 (1196 views)
Shortcut

Re: board or wall [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If you want both a hangboard and a wall, you could look into building a system wall. A system wall is a climbing wall with straight vertical rows of the same holds going from bottom to top. This is used to build the same muscle, ie a system route made of slopers will get your open grip strength.

Another option would be to build a wall, then later get a hangboard. If it comes to a choice between the wall and the hangboard, CHOOSE THE WALL. It'll be the most fun and the one that gets your technique better.

I hope that answers your questions, if you have any more please feel free to PM me about wall construction, etc.

I actually just finished building my wall about 36 hours ago, so it's still fresh in my head.

Good luck with the wall and/or hangboard, post some pics if you build a wall, eh? :lol:

Peace out,

B Fost

crack_climber

Jul 17, 2003, 2:26 AM
Post #3 of 5 (1196 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Go with the wall...not only will it be better for a more "all-around" training, but it will keep your interest a lot more than hanging from a hangboard.

I have both a hangboard and a bouldering wall....the wall is the better training tool for me....

Hope this helps...

Crack_climber :)

couloir

Jul 17, 2003, 3:12 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1196 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Go with the wall. It's a much more fun and effective trainer than any hangboard. I wouldn't go w/ just Metolius holds though. Many of theirs are very similar. I'd throw in a few companies just to keep things interesting.

hammer_

Jul 17, 2003, 3:20 AM
Post #5 of 5 (1196 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Go with the wall, you can have your buddies over and set up a problem, then have your own little comp. first prize.....????

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook