RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Competition Climbing

Premier Sponsor:

treebeard

Feb 7, 2005, 2:29 AM
Post #1 of 6 (2401 views)
Shortcut

Boise State University Buck Off
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Anyone here compete in the Boise State Buck Off this past weekend ( February 5th). I did, it was my first comp, and I must say it was a kick ass experience. I place 9th out of 25 (I think there were about 25 competitors) in the intermediate group and had an awesome time doing it. Anyone else there who had good experiences as well??

chemicalclimber

Feb 7, 2005, 3:10 AM
Post #2 of 6 (2401 views)
Shortcut

Re: Boise State University Buck Off [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My first comp as well, I was in the beginner category. :oops:

It was a great experience, but there were 3 people in the beginner division that flashed every single freaking climb. Seriously, just do intermediate, f*cking sandbaggers. To make it worse, no one in charge of the comp bumped them! They just kept letting them flash climbs. They had a climb-off at the end and 2 of the 3 (third didn't show up) were able to make it most of the way up a tougher intermediate route. I placed 5th, should have had second. :evil: Really, though, I'm not all that concerned with how I did.

I've climbed for barely 4 months now, and I was able to get five of the 6 beginner climbs, so I'm happy with myself. I was close to the beginner/intermediate line, but couldn't do the test route, so I stayed beginner. I went back today and tried the last one, still couldn't get it!.

My only other complaint was that the winners weren't guaranteed to win any prizes, they just got another raffle ticket. Overall, though, a good comp. BSU has it every year, for those of you interested for next year.

One thing I noticed was that the routes set for the comp were waaaay harder than the ones they had back before Christmas, especially the expert climbs.

Anyway, congrats to everyone who was there! :)
-Eric

boise

Feb 7, 2005, 5:09 PM
Post #3 of 6 (2401 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

treebeard, I live in boise, e-mail me we can get together, go bouldering, .... i climb v2, v3 but havn't climbed for 4 months, get back to me leadsco@hotmail.com

treebeard

Feb 11, 2005, 5:34 PM
Post #4 of 6 (2401 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yea there was at least one person in the intermediate group who probably could have done well in advanced, but oh well. Dont worry about the prizes, I didnt get anything either, except some chalk... yippie!! :D Even if I'm not at BSU next year I'm gonna make it down for the Buck Off.

sub-zero
Deleted

Mar 14, 2005, 8:19 PM
Post #5 of 6 (2401 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I just got my friend into climbing. He's only climbed a couple times and I've been climbing for about a year to two. We were planning on going to Boise to check out some of the gyms. If we planned a weekend to come down there would you show us some gyms or climbing areas? I haven't climbed for like a year not counting last weekend.

treebeard

Mar 17, 2005, 7:15 PM
Post #6 of 6 (2401 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sure, let me know which weekend so I can make plans. Most of the gyms in Boise arent open to the public (BSU's is only open to students and their guests and not open on the weekends) but a new gym is opening on APril 2nd or 5th I cant remember. They'll be public and word is that the gym is going to be awesome. Anyways just pm if you are still coming down and we'll work something out.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Competition Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook