RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

cantclimbforsht

Mar 5, 2005, 2:48 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1161 views)
Shortcut

pro deals
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

so i've heard that people dont really like to give specifics about their pro deals, but i was wondering how they work. Really what I want to know is who is eligible for them and how do you go about getting them. I work at a climbing wall at a gym (its not just a climbing gym) but we dont sell any gear or anything like that. So could I maybe get pro deals or do you need to work at a place that sells gear?
And if i am eligible, how do i go about getting the deals started for my gym? Do i just call up some companies and ask if they'll give us pro deals?

(sorry if i said something dumb or ignorant in this post, i dont really know much about this topic)

washufinku

Mar 5, 2005, 3:22 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1161 views)
Shortcut

Re: pro deals [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Pro deals are considered a coutesy in the outdoor industry. Companies know that dirtbags can't pay full price for gear. They also know that these same people spend a lot of time outside in a position of teaching and leading people. As an outdoor leader, the products you recommend and don't recommend will have a big influence on what your clients will buy.
A good place to start is Broform.com
People don't give specifics because companies want to sell gear at full price, and those companies have much better things to be doing than hooking up dirtbags. Part of the deal of having prodeals is to encourage people to buy those products.

yak

Mar 6, 2005, 6:33 AM
Post #3 of 5 (1161 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I work for a camping retailer here in australia and most of the wholesalers offer us pro-deals,they do have some rules,like some only offer it to full time staff members,some only offer it on products we keep in the shop,and some will make us do questionnaires on the products before you can get a pro-deal.
If you don't sell any of the products the only thing i can think of is if you maybe offer advertising for them,like put one of their banners up or use their gear for the gyms hire gear and they might offer you some sort of deal.

anykineclimb

Mar 6, 2005, 10:29 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1161 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You generally have to be selling something from a company to get Prodeals. IIRC, some even required you to make your prodeal order during a certain time period. Sometimes thay go in with the preseason orders.

Partner macherry

Mar 6, 2005, 3:58 PM
Post #5 of 5 (1161 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

if you're working for a climbing gym, contact manufacturers with regards to pro deals. Many shoe companies give pro/bro deals to those that work in the industry. Convince your gym to get into the retail market. Companies are more willing to give out the deals if you are pimping their product.

I worked in a bike store for several years, and 90% of the companies offered pro deals to employees............and offered up tons of schwag, just to get the word of mouth out there.

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook