Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

climbingbetty22

Mar 16, 2005, 11:33 PM
Post #26 of 48 (5516 views)
Shortcut

Re: Tips for single rock guy to find sexy single rock chicks [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Wow...that's the laziest cop-out I've ever heard.

Its been my experience in life that anything worth having requires a little work. Besides, if you're not willing to put effort into having a relationship, who's to say that you're going to put any effort to a relationship once you're in one??

jcshaggy

Mar 17, 2005, 9:44 AM
Post #27 of 48 (5516 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

There's a difference between putting effort into a relationship and putting effort into finding someone-that is just sad and desperate.

e_free

Apr 16, 2005, 2:21 PM
Post #28 of 48 (5516 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm not so sure there's a particular method.

The two most comon are the (#1) bold aproach, and the (#2) friend approach

I (female) respond in disbelief to either...if I notice at all!

#1 - Bold example: I'm walking across the street on my lunch break and feel a tap. Lost in though, I turn around like a zombie and absently shake this guys hand and start to tune in after he's shaken my hand and spoken several sentances just in time for "...you're pretty and God you have beautiful eyes. Can I buy you dinner?" My stunned response: "Uhhhhhhhh..." :shock: Guy: "Can I give you my number?" Me: "well, uh..." :oops:

hmmm :idea:

#2 - Friend approach:I'm at a conference I just invited a guy friend to (I was given 4 free tickets). We've been having fun for about 6 months just talking and hanging out on occasion. 4 hours into conference, at a break, while I'm thinking about something completely unrelated, he turns to me and says something like, "Ok, so I'm not really into this whole confernce, and I have to go to work soon." Me: "okay?" Him "I came just because I really enjoy spending time with you and it gave me a good excuse... and I like you." Me: "Well I guess I'll see you- wait, you what?!" :shock:

hmmm :idea:

So you see its not the approach half so much as the kind heart behind it :D

Now if ONLY I'm not asleep at the wheel, so to speak, I might notice someone likes me before they tell me :roll: ...or not be spacing out when they DO tell me :oops:

goofyc

Apr 26, 2005, 8:28 PM
Post #29 of 48 (5516 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
[martha, or any ladies, usery aside, how much of a factor is pre-approval from the xx gender? my experience is that it is very important. when i'm hooked up with some goddess, every woman i encounter is attracted. when i'm in betweeen situations, the ladies always ask thenselves why i'm single, like what's wrong with me.

Women are attracted to men more when they are in a relationship ONLY because they are happy and satisfied in their current relationship and it is this feeling the women sense. When a man is single he give off the single vibe of looking for someone to "hookup" with and most single women do not want a "hookup" they want a real relationship with solid foundation.

As for the original poster, I think you should just be honest when you approach a woman and let her know you would like to get to know her better just like maculated said. Just my $0.02

clee03m

Apr 27, 2005, 4:08 AM
Post #30 of 48 (5516 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

martha, or any ladies, usery aside, how much of a factor is pre-approval from the xx gender?

I think it may be possible that women pick up that a man is content and is not looking to hook up. But sometimes, I think some women who are insecure need the validation. If she (some goddess) thinks he is hot, he must be hot. So my advise to you is to at least keep your eyes open to those who seem to be coming at you only when you are hooked up.

turockgirl

Apr 27, 2005, 1:39 PM
Post #31 of 48 (5516 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Now if ONLY I'm not asleep at the wheel, so to speak, I might notice someone likes me before they tell me :roll: ...or not be spacing out when they DO tell me :oops:
haha! Sounds like me! :D

potreroed

Apr 29, 2005, 6:57 PM
Post #32 of 48 (5516 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If men knew how women really think they would be 100 times bolder.

timstich

Apr 30, 2005, 12:21 AM
Post #33 of 48 (5516 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

If men knew how women really think they would stick 9 inch needles into their eye sockets.

And the thread ends in 3...2...1....

rosemom3

May 1, 2005, 8:53 PM
Post #34 of 48 (5516 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think that bold approach can be really charming. I know that I see guys looking at me but they don't (hardly) ever come and say hi and introduce themselves. Which means it seems to be up to us girls to say hi first. Quite frankly it would be a relief (did you hear that) yes a relief if all the guys that keep looking and smiling from a distance would actually come and say hi. If they are just looking then I don't know if they are 1) possibly married or otherwise engaged, 2) just find me amusing, 3) are overwhelmed by that great move I just made ( you would need to know how much I suck at gym climbing to really appreciate that remark) or 4) spending the evening trying to get up the nerve and never do. So be bold and walk up the girl and say hi - talk about climbing - we are climbers we love talking about climbing. Do not under any circumstances mention that we look great in our climbing tank top - take us seriously and ask our opinion about climbing.
Tracy

e_free

May 3, 2005, 9:49 AM
Post #35 of 48 (5516 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

the men in hawaii are *the* friendliest people on earth... aloha!

piton

May 3, 2005, 12:07 PM
Post #36 of 48 (5516 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

stuff your pants! it hasn't worked for me yet maybe i should try putting the banana in the front of my pants. :shock:

keithlester
Deleted

May 3, 2005, 3:42 PM
Post #37 of 48 (5516 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
just listening and learning...I guess I need it, every single girl I find myself interested in ends up having a boyfriend, and every girl that shows interest in me I'm not into. :x

Love yourself huh?

adnix

May 3, 2005, 4:31 PM
Post #38 of 48 (5516 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Nah. He's been wathing too much tv. In reality people always have some flaws. I suppose realizing that will take few years of experience.

lewisiarediviva

May 5, 2005, 4:35 AM
Post #39 of 48 (5516 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Is tattooed climber even following all of this anymore?

lewisiarediviva

May 5, 2005, 4:45 AM
Post #40 of 48 (5516 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I think that bold approach can be really charming.

Bold approach is how my husband ended up stuck with me. He walked right up to me, introduced himself, shook my hand, and said "Nice to meet you, I have to go to work." (basically)

The guy I was sitting with said "I think he likes you."

-and that was the beginning.

e_free

May 5, 2005, 9:30 AM
Post #41 of 48 (5516 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
I think that bold approach can be really charming.

Bold approach is how my husband ended up stuck with me. He walked right up to me, introduced himself, shook my hand, and said "Nice to meet you, I have to go to work." (basically)

The guy I was sitting with said "I think he likes you."

-and that was the beginning.

please tell us the rest :D

lewisiarediviva

May 5, 2005, 1:15 PM
Post #42 of 48 (5516 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, ok. I few weeks later I saw him at a music event down town (one of those outdoor things that are free and the band hopes you'll like them and pay them to do something later). He was with some girl, so I mentally thought to cross him off the list. Only reason it wasn't to hard was cause I was dating some one else, whom he had seen me with already so he ad thought the same thing.

Then I was sitting around hanging out with some of the people that I climbed with periodicly, my boyfriend wasn't their, I can't remember if this was the time we had broken up before getting back together or not. My friends were talking about some guy who was in the hospital, had been in an awful climbing accident that almost killed him. They turned to me and said "you really should go see him." I couldn't put the two together, I hadn't seen him enough.

Then, finally, my boyfriend started talking about this new climbing partner that he had started climbing with, they got along really well. I thought that was pretty cool.

Well, eventually, we all started hanging out a little more often. It had been such a long time since I'd seen him- I had no idea he was the guy. But we all ended up going back packing together, he and his girlfriend, me and my boyfriend, and another guy. I was drawn to my now husband all weekend, my boyfriend made me mad a couple of times- the trip was beautiful but the weekend sucked. My now husband had a bad car, not attractive at all, and I gave him crap about it the whole time we were in the car.

Well now we were friends, we'd been backpacking together. I sat at a coffee shop and bitched about my boyfriend to him. "Why am I telling you all this?" I asked. He just smiled. So my boyfriend and I broke up.

You would think we'd get together. No, he still had his girlfriend and his climbing partner. A few months later he went out for a beer with his climbing partner (this is what I hear) and told him he was interested in me. He got my X's blessing, and suddenly I saw him everywhere.

Now this climbing partner of his is still climbing with him, he was our best man. We've been married 11 years.

Our first date was fixing a leak in the manifold of this car, one of the first things we did after getting hooked was to sell this car.

kpb

May 11, 2005, 4:03 AM
Post #43 of 48 (5516 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

When I met my (now) wife, she was sitting on the floor, trimming her toe-nails. I said something profound, like, "How's it going." or, "Do you have any beer?" One thing lead to another, and sometime after she told me, "I'm not looking for a boyfriend or anything" we moved in together, got married 10 years later, and now have two kids and a suburban house.

17 years later, she's still a great girl. How do you meet one? Walk into the right party and say hi. It really is that easy.

lvclimbingbum

May 11, 2005, 1:41 PM
Post #44 of 48 (5516 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Do these tips work for a 13 year old "single rock guy :?: " I know like two other girls who come to the gym who are friends and my age.

mother_sheep

May 11, 2005, 7:30 PM
Post #45 of 48 (5516 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
stuff your pants! it hasn't worked for me yet maybe i should try putting the banana in the front of my pants. :shock:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAH! It didn't work for Ben Stillar (sp?) in Dodgeball. ahahahhahahahahahahhahah.

therelic

May 11, 2005, 7:44 PM
Post #46 of 48 (5517 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Piton said; "stuff your pants! it hasn't worked for me yet maybe i should try putting the banana in the front of my pants."

A few months ago I was "lucky/unlucky?" enough to visit a lady friend who had several of her lady friends visiting. When I happened by they were discussing men. There was one point in which they were unanimous; they all looked for the bulge in a mans pants! However it wasn't the bulge in front we men would like them to be looking for it was the bulge in back where we put our wallets.

Bill

pheenixx

May 19, 2005, 7:38 AM
Post #47 of 48 (5517 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

If men knew how women really think they would stick 9 inch needles into their eye sockets....

:lol: :lol: :lol: HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

yes, getting waay to much for me too. Thinking like a guy = much easier - leaves more time for climbing and checking out other guys. LOL

pheenixx

May 19, 2005, 7:40 AM
Post #48 of 48 (5517 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

or better yet - a #5 cam... 8^)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook