Forums: Climbing Partners: International:
Partner around Wuerzburg, Germany
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

ein_berliner

Nov 24, 2004, 10:38 AM
Post #1 of 9 (5810 views)
Shortcut

Partner around Wuerzburg, Germany  (North_America: United_States: North_Carolina: Western: Grandmother_Boulders)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I just moved to Northern Bavaria, near Wuerzburg, and I'm looking for partners for Germany. Any information on the nearest/best area to climb near where i'm living would also be appreciated.

Eric

Ich bin ein berliner

haplo

Nov 24, 2004, 12:08 PM
Post #2 of 9 (5810 views)
Shortcut

Re: Partner around Wuerzburg, Germany [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi, I'm not from that area, but maybe this website will help you finding nice spots for climbing:

http://finzel.biz/Info.php?i_ID=8

Have fun

Jun

skynout

Nov 24, 2004, 10:52 PM
Post #3 of 9 (5810 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Would be interested in doing some good out door events while in Germany. I'll be there Dec 3rd for 10 days A little climbing and some paragliding. If the weather allows.

cbattle

Jun 14, 2005, 11:46 PM
Post #4 of 9 (5810 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hmmm...this post might be a bit late...i just moved to wuerzburg a week ago, so if you´re still looking for a climbing partner i´m all about it...there is really good climbing outside of nuernburg, but you need a car to get there...the Frankisher Sweiz i believe (spelling is probably off)...i´m a mid level climber (5-10´s, maybe struggle up a TR-ed 5-11a) and only brought my harness and shoes to Deutschland (but can mail for more gear if needed)...let me know if you still need a partner or know of anyone who does...oh, i´m pretty much a sport climber...little bit of trad but always with someone elso on point...no ice climbing experience (i´m from texas too)...let me know

chris

Partner tisar

Jun 15, 2005, 11:03 AM
Post #5 of 9 (5810 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
hmmm...this post might be a bit late...i just moved to wuerzburg a week ago, so if you´re still looking for a climbing partner i´m all about it...there is really good climbing outside of nuernburg, but you need a car to get there...the Frankisher Sweiz i believe (spelling is probably off)...i´m a mid level climber (5-10´s, maybe struggle up a TR-ed 5-11a) and only brought my harness and shoes to Deutschland (but can mail for more gear if needed)...let me know if you still need a partner or know of anyone who does...oh, i´m pretty much a sport climber...little bit of trad but always with someone elso on point...no ice climbing experience (i´m from texas too)...let me know

chris

Hi and welcome to Germany!

You're - in contrary to my poor self - in a perfect area for sport climbing. Around 4000 routes of all levels are waitng for you in mostly pefectly bolted condition. Normally all you'll need in the 'Fränkische Schweiz' (or 'Frankenjura') is a rope and some quickdraws.
To find people try posting on http://www.climbing.de. Most Germans speak a little english, many of us quite fluently. Give it a try.

Good luck!

- Daniel

nas

Jun 16, 2005, 4:37 PM
Post #6 of 9 (5810 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

chris

Hi, I am in the UK now and planning to climb at frankenjura for about 3-4 weeks either in july or august (if i can find someone to climb with). if you or anybody is interested in meeting for some climbing there, please post or pm me. i am very flexible in terms of schedule, might have to be here for a few days at the end of july.

thanks,
kay

ein_berliner

Jun 23, 2005, 9:08 AM
Post #7 of 9 (5810 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cbattle, I PMed you about climbing. I'm still looking for people around Northern Bavaria. I'm definitely up for Frankenjura, I just have never been there and only have a vague idea about the place.

Partner tisar

Jun 23, 2005, 12:43 PM
Post #8 of 9 (5810 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
cbattle, I PMed you about climbing. I'm still looking for people around Northern Bavaria. I'm definitely up for Frankenjura, I just have never been there and only have a vague idea about the place.

I just had a trad climbing class in the Frankenjura. There are two places I know it's cheap and nice to stay: Gasthaus zur Guten Einkehr in Morschreuth or Gasthaus Kroder in Schlaifhausen. Both are in the Northern Frankenjura (near Bayreuth/Forchheim).

Both provide a small camping area, dormitories and normal guest rooms at a good price. Kroder even has a nice crag in walking distance.

All in all it's better to have a car to change between the widespread rocks. They are all in the woods somewhere...

Have fun!

- Daniel

boxofrain

Jun 23, 2005, 2:05 PM
Post #9 of 9 (5810 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi Eric,

I am moving to Darmstadt, Germany on September 1st and will be there until the end of December. Are you still looking for someone to climb with? I am itching to get out once I get there!

Danielle

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook