First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

jt512

Jul 7, 2005, 7:19 PM
Post #1 of 202 (9260 views)
Shortcut

The RC.com Hall of Flame
Report this Post
Can't Post

This thread is for posting some of the classic posts that could only appear on rc.com.

jt512

Jul 7, 2005, 7:20 PM
Post #2 of 202 (9260 views)
Shortcut

Re: The RC.com Hall of Flame [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

What are belay loops good for:

In reply to:
In reply to:
belay loops are good for Fifi's and daisy's and that's about it

I use the belay loop just for belaying.. not because i'm a daisy, or fairy or what not. I use it because I feel it's safer.

Partner phaedrus

Jul 7, 2005, 7:23 PM
Post #3 of 202 (9260 views)
Shortcut

phaedrus moved this thread [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

phaedrus moved this thread from General to Community.

jt512

Jul 7, 2005, 7:26 PM
Post #4 of 202 (9260 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

On the mental aspect of outdoor climbing:

In reply to:
In a gym, the holds are visible by way of bright colors and tape. However, outside everything tends to blend in to the face of the rock itself. This is where the mental aspect of outdoor climbing comes into play.

hangerlessbolt

Jul 7, 2005, 8:14 PM
Post #5 of 202 (9260 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've had some doozies over the years...I'll have to do a search and get back to you

Partner j_ung

Jul 7, 2005, 8:17 PM
Post #6 of 202 (9260 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

In reply to:
In a gym, the holds are visible by way of bright colors and tape. However, outside everything tends to blend in to the face of the rock itself. This is where the mental aspect of outdoor climbing comes into play.

That's a flame?

Partner tgreene

Jul 7, 2005, 8:19 PM
Post #7 of 202 (9260 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

http://www.great-river.com/...ck/jono13-condom.gif

http://www.great-river.com/pix/approved.jpg

jt512

Jul 7, 2005, 8:30 PM
Post #8 of 202 (9260 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

In reply to:

That's a flame?

No, more like a lame.

-Jay

edge

Jul 7, 2005, 8:30 PM
Post #9 of 202 (9260 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Maybe Flamer would understand if we referred to him as "Vegetable" (he did call us meat). Maybe string bean, baby carrot, or limp pasta would be appropriate?

climbsomething

Jul 7, 2005, 8:33 PM
Post #10 of 202 (9260 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
What are belay loops good for:

In reply to:
In reply to:
belay loops are good for Fifi's and daisy's and that's about it

I use the belay loop just for belaying.. not because i'm a daisy, or fairy or what not. I use it because I feel it's safer.
This remains truly one of the best posts I have ever seen. And I have DURRRRRR'd a *lot* of idiotic philosophy in my day...

elvislegs

Jul 7, 2005, 9:46 PM
Post #11 of 202 (9260 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I am a new member to these forums, but have been a frequenter to this qite for quite some time. I came across this category and felt compelled to give my story if only it save one life. This event took place a few years ago. I was hiking up in Fort Pillow, TN with a few friends. My friends found a short-cut on the map that would loose them 5 miles. Well, I was there to hike, but to get done ASAP and go back the the tent. I contuned on my own. Hiking up one of the bluffs, I started thinking back on my rock climbing experience. My eagerness to climb something started making my feet move off-trail to the bottom of the bluff. Soon my pack was off my back and only my T-shirt on my upper body. No one was even within hearing of my location, but I started to climb. In my young, immature mind, I was the best thing rock climbing has ever seen. In my over-confidence, I convinced myself that I needed no equipment. To make a story short, I got about 30 feet up and lost my grip, falling to my doom. I am thank in the fact that I was so terrified in the instance of the fall, that I didn't feel the impact. I sure felt the pain afterwars though. Well, after I tried catching my breath for 2 to 3 minutes. I was terriefied I was gogint o die and no one would know it. I caught my breath just instances before I would have most likely passed out. I eneded up breaking my wrist and sending my back emtremely out of allignment. I also develeoped a muscle spasm in my neck later on that lasted for over a week(I spent more money than I care to say on a chiropractor over this). More horribly, I couldn't hardly walk, but I had to get back to camp. Those were the worst ten miles of my life. Lesson learned here... Never solo, wear protectve gear, and don't be over-confident. I know from experience that soloing seems the manly, brave, balsy thing to do, but when you are dead or laid out in a hospital bed it just looks dumb. I am glad it only took me a broken wrist and a messed up back to teach me a lesson.

In reply to:
HOLY CRAP YOU ARE RIGHT.

THANK GOD I READ YOUR POST. I WAS JUST ABOUT TO GO DO SOME SERIOUS MOUNTAIN SOLO CLIMBING. I COULD HAVE BEEN SERIOUSLY MURDERED BY THE SHEER ROCK FACE. I'M GOING TO GET SOME FLEX CLAMPS AND SNAPLINKS SO I CAN CLIMB AND THEY WILL KEEP ME FROM GETTING KILLED BY THE STEEP STONE GRADE.

OMG.

absolutely fucking classic.

climbsomething

Jul 7, 2005, 11:09 PM
Post #12 of 202 (9260 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Hi, I saw a neon climbing rope this past weekend and am wondering if anyone knows what brand it is? i'm in the hunt for a new rope and thought they looked cool anyone know who makes em?

Two killer responses:

In reply to:
[n00b]i'll take the shiny one![/n00b]
In reply to:
"eeekkaacckkatttggertaaeetttakkkcceeggert"!!!

Whoa!! I just had a seizure.

timstich

Jul 8, 2005, 12:49 AM
Post #13 of 202 (9260 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I searched in vain for two of my favorite posts, but no dice. Dial-up aint the great web search portal.

bandycoot

Jul 8, 2005, 2:38 AM
Post #14 of 202 (9260 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The grammar is just so stereotypical:

In reply to:
All I meant by this topic is to say that just to try bouldering is difficult compared to just picking up a top roping experience in the gym. I like all types of climbing seem fun except for big wall. Most bouldering problems are with a awesome overhang. And is more of strength then it is technique or I just really suck at climbing. But I like all types of climbing bouldering is just really really really hard. That is all, I didn't mean to say that any other climbing sucks(which they don't) bouldering just seems really freakin difficult.

I don't think there's a single sentence that wouldn't make Maculated cry.

zozo

Jul 8, 2005, 3:33 AM
Post #15 of 202 (9260 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
The grammar is just so stereotypical:

In reply to:
All I meant by this topic is to say that just to try bouldering is difficult compared to just picking up a top roping experience in the gym. I like all types of climbing seem fun except for big wall. Most bouldering problems are with a awesome overhang. And is more of strength then it is technique or I just really suck at climbing. But I like all types of climbing bouldering is just really really really hard. That is all, I didn't mean to say that any other climbing sucks(which they don't) bouldering just seems really freakin difficult.

I don't think there's a single sentence that wouldn't make Maculated cry.

I propose that you must pass a sobriety test before you can post. Just blow into the tube attached to the right of you monitor.

kriso9tails

Jul 8, 2005, 3:45 AM
Post #16 of 202 (9260 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I propose that you must pass a sobriety test before you can post. Just blow into the tube attached to the right of your monitor.

That'd pretty much kill this site.

My favourites are all gone since the user was deleted a long time ago.

areuinclimber

Jul 8, 2005, 4:04 AM
Post #17 of 202 (9260 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
i know this is kind of a silly question but which chalk bag is better to get. A metalious or prana bag. Mostly for indoor bouldering and top rope. thank you.

pretty good one.

phillygoat

Jul 8, 2005, 2:42 PM
Post #18 of 202 (9260 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Here ya go:
In reply to:
korntera wrote:
NOBODY will every climb a 6th class, because that means unclimbable, so the second it is climbed, people will say you just climbed a 5.16b, so if you climb it, it isn't 6th class, so that is impossible. On the other hand however.... Everytime a new grade is put up they climbed something previously unclimbable, so that would mean that lots of people have climbed 6.1

-Travis

jt512

Jul 8, 2005, 4:17 PM
Post #19 of 202 (9260 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Here ya go:
In reply to:
korntera wrote:
NOBODY will every climb a 6th class, because that means unclimbable, so the second it is climbed, people will say you just climbed a 5.16b, so if you climb it, it isn't 6th class, so that is impossible. On the other hand however.... Everytime a new grade is put up they climbed something previously unclimbable, so that would mean that lots of people have climbed 6.1

-Travis

Nice. Truly RC.com at its best.

-Jay

Partner euroford

Jul 8, 2005, 5:07 PM
Post #20 of 202 (9260 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

OMG holy shit i'm freeking crying here. this is the best damn thread i've seen in awhile. pleeeeeeeese keep em comming!

elvislegs

Jul 8, 2005, 5:46 PM
Post #21 of 202 (9260 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

one of my old favorites from bonger:

In reply to:
In reply to:
Ok so most of us have read How to climb by John Long, if not most of us on this board are probably familiar with the following quote:
In reply to:
"There are only three sports--mountain climbing, bullfighting, and motor racing--all the rest being games." Ernest Hemingway

Who cares? It's wrong anyway. Climbing is art, bullfighting is faggotry, and motor racing is simply obsessive compulsive disorder as practiced by rednecks and european metrosexuals.

UB

epic_ed

Jul 8, 2005, 7:30 PM
Post #22 of 202 (9260 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A recent thread comes to mind:

http://www.rockclimbing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=80507&postdays=0&postorder=asc&topic_view=&start=0

After several days of reading sensless drivel from quietmonk, fire_eyes, e_wire, and others I finally chimed in:

In reply to:
YER GONNNNNNNNAAAA DIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Buch of candy-assed, whiney, sky-is-falling, ninnies.

I'm cutting in line. Anyone who no longer feels CCH Aliens are safe to use, ship the dang things to me. I'll trade you for some of my BD micros, and add them to my collection of 33+ Aliens.

Gear fails. CCH, BD, Metolius...whoever. It's a shame someone got a defective product (if that is, in fact, what happened), but it happens to gear of all types. A 3-Sigma rating and all the QA in the world doesn't reduce the chances of your gear failing to zero. The design of the Aliens are at least as robust as those of other cams on the market, and the trigger wires are much less of an issue than they are on the BD cams. And as for WC worship -- suck it. They fail, too.

Looks like we should all be able to get those Hybrid Aliens just about anywhere really soon. Heck, with the reputation they're given by e_wire and some of the rest of you, I might be able to pick up a set at WalMart next week! Good for me and the rest of us who have a clue.

Ed

pinktricam

Jul 8, 2005, 7:39 PM
Post #23 of 202 (9260 views)
Shortcut

Can you vote for one of your own??? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
thats true.... cant go to heaven with out my dick... wait i wont need it there.. maybe i should go to hell

You won't need that inch of flesh there either.

Partner taualum23

Jul 8, 2005, 7:44 PM
Post #24 of 202 (9260 views)
Shortcut

Re: Can you vote for one of your own??? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
thats true.... cant go to heaven with out my dick... wait i wont need it there.. maybe i should go to hell

SO far from being of the caliber of the rest of this thread, it shows that you either left your computer on and your illegitamate six year old son got into the hooch and started playing with it, or you really are as dim as you seem.

pinktricam

Jul 8, 2005, 7:48 PM
Post #25 of 202 (9260 views)
Shortcut

Re: Can you vote for one of your own??? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

SO far from being of the caliber of the rest of this thread, it shows that you either left your computer on and your illegitamate six year old son got into the hooch and started playing with it, or you really are as dim as you seem.

Stalker.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook