RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - West Coast

Premier Sponsor:

bones

Aug 7, 2005, 8:32 PM
Post #1 of 8 (1937 views)
Shortcut

Tuolumne and Sierra partners in August
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm looking to spend a week or maybe longer in the Sierra and Tuolumne. Somewhere between Aug 13-28 or so. I'll be driving up from San Diego and have room for another person and gear. Some routes on my ticklist include Oz, Lucky Streaks, Third Pillar of Dana, Red Dihedral on the Hulk, something on Conness, and I'm open to more ideas. I lead .10+ and can follow .11s. So if you'd like to partner up get in touch with me.

Brandon

crito

Aug 8, 2005, 5:29 PM
Post #2 of 8 (1937 views)
Shortcut

Re: Tuolumne and Sierra partners in August [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I would definately be interested in doing some routes in the Sierras. I have been looking at Fishhook Arete on Mt. Russell, Mathes Crest, and Eicorn Pinnacle, but I am familiar with the climbs you mentioned and would be interested in climbing any of them. I have done a few Alpine Route, Swiss Arete on Mt. Sill. I was just on a trip to the North Cascades and climbed the east ridge of Forbidden Peak and Sharkfin Tower. I lead comfortably 5.9 and follow up to .10 no problem. I have all my own gear, rack, rope etc. I am a fast climber, safe and drug free. PM me if you are interested in climbing together.

davidji

Aug 8, 2005, 6:04 PM
Post #3 of 8 (1937 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I might be up for a trip with one of y'all. I PM'd Brandon last night. I'm in the East Bay, so ridesharing isn't likely.

On long easyish routes I like to move fast.

Like crito, I'm drug free and prefer the same in partners.

As far as routes mentioned, I've climbed Matthes Crest a couple of times, reg route on the 3rd Pillar of Dana, and Lucky Streaks. I expect OZ would be pretty hard for me, but I might be up for it. Fishhook Arete sounds more appealing though...

It's rare for me to lead 5.10+ on gear, especially a 5.10+ "testpiece" like OZ.

crito

Aug 9, 2005, 2:36 AM
Post #4 of 8 (1937 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

davidji if you are interested in doing some routes PM me. I am trying to put several trips together before the season ends. Where are you located in the east bay?

bones

Aug 9, 2005, 6:32 AM
Post #5 of 8 (1937 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

David, I got your PM and I'll call you at a more reasonable hour.

Crito, Eichorn Pinnacle sounds good. I'd like to do some routes on Russell (been up the East Ridge), but I'm more interested in the stuff further north for this trip. Like Mammoth to Bridgeport area. Some Seirra coulair routes would be nice too.

Also, the date that I can leave depends on my finding a place to live for when I get back, so it might be a little later than the 13th. Anyone need a roomate in the San Diego area?

crito

Aug 11, 2005, 12:28 AM
Post #6 of 8 (1937 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Brandon, How about Dana Coulior, North Coulior on Mt Abbot or North Coulior on Red Slate Mountain. If we did Dana Coulior we could also hit the Third Pillar of Dana. email me: wlsteiger@sbcglobal.net

Will

Partner gamehendge

Aug 11, 2005, 2:12 AM
Post #7 of 8 (1937 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm takin a trip up to the Tuolumne are w/ my regular climbing partner around Aug. 16-21. We'll be basecamped in Mammoth but will be travelling/camping in diff. areas. Were both primarily sport climbers with limited trad experience. We have full gear for multi-sport +some. Anybody willing to take a couple of sportos w/ on some trad routes would be great. I'll follow and clean to about .10d. Can lead sport to about .11b. If anyone has any recommendation on multi-pitch sport routes in the Mammoth/Tuolumne area would also be greatly appreciated. I'm also considering bringing a crashpad so any recommendations on spots would also be cool. Besides a couple of Newcastles, were both drug free and safe. Thanks.

mattrock

Aug 15, 2005, 4:02 PM
Post #8 of 8 (1937 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll be up in Tuolemne this week 15 - 20. call me on cell phone leave message.
916-705-6569
matt aka mattrock

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - West Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook