RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Alpine & Ice

Premier Sponsor:

iceisnice

Sep 16, 2005, 9:43 PM
Post #1 of 9 (2292 views)
Shortcut

Winter alpine climbers in Colorado
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Looking for anyone interested in doing a fair amount of alpine and ice climbing this winter in Colorado. I've got tons of ice climbing partners, but not many who want to tackle alpine routes this winter. I would especially like to find someone who would like to go to the Cordillera Blanca in Peru next summer and train together this winter. what i am looking to do more of is tackling summer rock routes during the winter and get more proficient at climbing technical mixed and rock climbs in cold weather to prepare for some larger alpine routes. i've got lots of climbs in mind (i.e. n. face of sneffels, casual route on the diamond, NE buttress on capitol. etc). can't just hop on these routes with anyone though. would like to find someone with a fair amount of alpine and ice experience under their belts and someone that is not only motivated, but can actually get out enough to do these climbs. if interested pm me.

builttospill

Sep 17, 2005, 10:11 PM
Post #2 of 9 (2292 views)
Shortcut

Re: Winter alpine climbers in Colorado [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Man, I know how you feel a bit. I'm having a lot of trouble finding people interested in alpine stuff. I've been wanting to do Capitol Peak NW Ridge this fall since late summer and asked a bunch of people if they wanted to go, and posted it elsewhere looking for partners, and no takers.

But I don't live in CO and can't make any sort of commitment, what with work and school and what not. But still....good luck man.

iceisnice

Sep 20, 2005, 1:37 AM
Post #3 of 9 (2292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

that is a bummer. i've also been wanting to do that route but can't find anyone to commit.

climbingaggie03

Sep 20, 2005, 2:16 AM
Post #4 of 9 (2292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If only I was in colorado, That's exactly the way I want to spend my winter, but I'm in texas, I'm planning on getting up there a couple of times this winter if you want to do something together

chris_sheridan

Sep 21, 2005, 5:39 PM
Post #5 of 9 (2292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'd love to join you, but there are two problems. I live in boulder and I broke my ankle on the way down from Vanquished this past June. Physical Therapy is going well and I'm hoping on a trip to Ouray this winter then working up to some more serious alpine routes this spring. I'd love to do some enchainments of multiple mixed routes over a few days but this depends on the ankle of coarse.

Shoot me an email if you like: CRSheridan@hotmail.com

iceisnice

Sep 22, 2005, 3:03 PM
Post #6 of 9 (2292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

chris, sorry to hear about the ankle. if you are down in the ouray/silverton area this winter and need a partner, let me know.

lokiraven

Oct 11, 2005, 11:29 PM
Post #7 of 9 (2292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Unfortunately, I have no experience in alpine climbing, but am trying desperately to find someone to teach me.If any of you are willing to take out a newb, I'm definately up for a challenge.

florissantti

Oct 17, 2005, 2:36 AM
Post #8 of 9 (2292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This is still a ways off, and I'm not really the Guy You're Looking For, but... I'm going to be in CO for 4 weeks in december and jan (xmas break). I'm looking at doing a route or two while out there though, or, rather thinking about it constantly. I'm no alpinist (though I have aspirations), just an avid hiker/climber/etc. if you are pining to get up there though and are without a partner still, pm me.

farrgo

Nov 18, 2005, 6:53 PM
Post #9 of 9 (2292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

iceisnice,

i just moved to summit county from bellingham, wa and i want to climb tons of ice and winter alpine this year. i have been climbing ice for four seasons, mostly in banff, up to wi5. i have a bunch of alpine experience in the cascades and cordillera blanca, as well as a bunch of alpine rock experience in the cascades, bugs, and yos. if you're interested send me a message or reach me at 360 903 7370.

nate

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Alpine & Ice

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook