RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - South

Premier Sponsor:

worldclimber

Oct 11, 2005, 9:26 PM
Post #1 of 16 (2767 views)
Shortcut

Looking for NC climbing partners
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Just moved to Greensboro earlier this year and have not had much luck finding people to climb with. I max out in the 5.10/11ish range. Looking for someone who climbs sport and trad. I have a flexible schedule so I can climb most days of the week with enough notice. I also have enough gear for several people so if you are just starting out I don't mind.

Scott

goober

Oct 12, 2005, 2:27 AM
Post #2 of 16 (2767 views)
Shortcut

Re: Looking for NC climbing partners [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

There are a few locals there in the triad that can climb during the week. Although I'd recommend just getting a soloist. Thats "who" I usually climbed with when I lived in Winston (though it's not really any better here in Asheville).

I still have a large amount of weekday time off but live a couple hours west of the triad now. If you wanna climb in Linville or out this way (Looking Glass) during the week sometime, just let me know.

Nathan

nedsurf

Oct 12, 2005, 2:33 AM
Post #3 of 16 (2767 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If I don't get called by the red cross, i'm planning to go down to linville gorge. It might be mid week so I will probably be looking for a partner. Otherwise good luck on finding someone local.

aaronbr86

Oct 12, 2005, 3:05 AM
Post #4 of 16 (2767 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm just starting out and although I dont have a lot of scheduled time set aside to climb (college student---engineering classes take up most of my time) I do have time during my breaks. I live back in Rutherford County during breaks and Raleigh during the year. I dropped you a PM with my contact info.
-aaron

rex_kwan_do

Oct 14, 2005, 2:04 PM
Post #5 of 16 (2767 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I just moved to Greensboro this year from Boone. Been climbing during the week at the local indoor gym due to the 9-5 job, but would much rather be outside. I mostly boulder on the weekends, but getting into sport and would love to learn trad. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

csproul

Oct 14, 2005, 2:50 PM
Post #6 of 16 (2767 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I just moved to Chapel Hill, so you are on my way to most things I guess. I max out in the 10's but I do have a fair amount of trad (and sport too) experience plus I have a great van for weeeknd climbing trips. I haven't climbed in about 4 months due to some surgery but I am eager to get back out.

csproul

Oct 14, 2005, 2:52 PM
Post #7 of 16 (2767 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ps you didn't move out hre from Southern Claifornia did you? I think I knew a Scott from SoCal that used Worldclimber...

climb_sompin

Oct 20, 2005, 5:36 PM
Post #8 of 16 (2767 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I just moved to Chapel Hill and am looking for more climbing partners... I coach a kid's climbing team at an indoor gym and have met some climbers through the gym, but I'd like to find more serious outdoor climbers for weekends. I have been to the New River a couple times and love it, as well as Pilot and Stone (plus bouldering around Boone). I haven't been out to Linville... I mostly sport climb and boulder due to lack of trad gear, but I'd like to do more trad. I climb anything up to 5.12's. Aside from this weekend due to rain, I'm psyched to climb whenever.
Lindsay

sandstonejunkie

Oct 20, 2005, 6:22 PM
Post #9 of 16 (2767 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I live in Winston. Just moved out of Greensboro actually (last month)
There are a few folks as Nathan pointed out but it is difficult lining up partners during the week (I'm one of them, work M-F, 9-5)...so, sometimes I can leave work early on Weds afternoons (around noon actually) and get a day in at Moores...

PM me if you want more info, I usually climb at the New River Gorge on the weekends...lot's of partners, lots of stone

James

glyrocks

Oct 20, 2005, 6:29 PM
Post #10 of 16 (2767 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just moved to RDU area and looking for partners too. Same boat as a lot of people though and can only get out on weekends. But, I'll send you a PM and we can head to Moore's or Pilot sometime.

Any of y'all climb ice?

pinkdog

Oct 20, 2005, 7:22 PM
Post #11 of 16 (2767 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This is a good message board to find partners from the Triangle:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nc-rock/messages

We also meet once a month to talk smack and drink beer.

pumpkins

Oct 20, 2005, 7:33 PM
Post #12 of 16 (2767 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If your from greensboro just hit up Tumblebess once in a while to find some ppl who climb
Theres a couple of strong climbers in there who are always wanting ppl to go up with on pilot/cooks wall...wish i remembered there names...

jetcare

Oct 20, 2005, 8:09 PM
Post #13 of 16 (2767 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I also suggest you stop by Tumblebees Climbing Gym in Greensboro (Near the corner of Market and Friendly, near the airport). Tuesday night seems to be a popular night. Ladies climb for $7. There is one group of TR and sport climbers that hang out at Thewhipperzone@yahoogroups.com. They climb at Pilot regularly and are always looking for folks to climb with. You appear to be a better climber than most of them (me) but we could learn some stuff from you and who knows, maybe you could teach us how to Trad climb at Moores.

Matt

gt29905

Oct 20, 2005, 8:43 PM
Post #14 of 16 (2767 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I live in Boone. It's quite the spot. I plan on climbing and bouldering all through the winter. Let me know if you are interested.

mzem919

Oct 20, 2005, 9:09 PM
Post #15 of 16 (2767 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I see your post is a few days old so I'll hit you up here. I'll second the post for joining the NC-Rock yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nc-rock. Our next meeting is Nov 7th at the Flying Saucer in Raleigh. be a slight bit of a drive for ya but it's a good time. Even if you don't make the meetings (which most don't) we're always posting looking for partners on there, or just posting general "we're going climbing here" threads. usually if it's being posted there it's an open party. We head out to Pilot and Moore's plenty. I'm out for the next couple weekends but middle of Nov I think I'm free if it's not too cold. I'm climbing about the same level as you posted. seems to be a bit above a lot of the climbers out here. Got a post back from when I joined the NC-rock group saying "well, you're probably over qualified to be climbing with us but welcome anyway" They're a great group though. lots of fun. happy hunting for any other partners. I'm jealous that I can't get out during the week. Weekend warrior is what I gotta settle for at the moment.
Later
Matt Z

climb_sompin

Oct 21, 2005, 3:46 AM
Post #16 of 16 (2767 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

To all you who have been responding to this 'looking for NC climbers' forum, (I appreciate all the info and responses!) can anyone climb somewhere close to Charlotte or Asheville next Sunday (Oct. 30th)? I am going to be in Charlotte for an A.B.S comp and would like to climb the following day... anything: bouldering, sport, trad...
Also can anyone meet up climbing at a gym inside somewhere this weekend (since it's raining)? Vertical Edge, Tumblebees, Raleigh Rockyard, etc?
Another date: Nov. 4th weekend: anyone for the New River?
Lindsay

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - South

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook