RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

pushfurther

Aug 3, 2002, 12:15 AM
Post #1 of 3 (641 views)
Shortcut

Setbacks
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

it seems that every time i start to push myself to climb harder, i end up having setbacks due to injuries. i'll start getting pains in my right forearm along my ulna bone.

right now i haven't climbed for two weeks, but i'm planning on starting up again..do you guys have any tips on how to keep this from happening? i climb twice a week, and i do pushups everyday.

rickoldskool

Aug 3, 2002, 1:02 AM
Post #2 of 3 (641 views)
Shortcut

Setbacks [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

PF, I'm way too informed about injuries, read my profile you'll understand why. Let me share what I learned from a very good physical therapist(olympic caliber).
Rest is very important between workouts or hard activity like climbing. Don't do pushups everyday. Three times a week is plenty, maybe too much. Stretch everyday. Not till you pop something, just mildly aggressive. WARMUP BEFORE YOU TRY ANYTHING HARD. Muscles and tendons are less prone to injury, more flexible, and stonger when allowed to warmup slowly. Pull some problems a couple grades below your max first. Stretch gently after a day of climbing. Lastly, drink plenty of fluids to keep tissues saturated. It's the difference between green leafy lettuce, crisp lettuce, and old leathery, wilted lettuce. Joints and tendons work better when fully hydrated.
Be Safe, Live Long, Climb Hard.......
P.S. I have more specific info but lack of time. PM me if you'd like to hear more.

[ This Message was edited by: rickoldskool on 2002-08-02 18:05 ]

barney_89012

Aug 10, 2002, 7:51 AM
Post #3 of 3 (641 views)
Shortcut

Setbacks [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i would just try climbing again, and if it hurts again, i would go and see a pro. it could be serious.

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook