RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

hazael

Nov 29, 2005, 4:27 PM
Post #1 of 2 (740 views)
Shortcut

knee injury
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Guys, I was climbing indoors yesterday and suddenly I felt like my leg(the left one) lost it's strenght and it bent in a really ackward way.
I fell but at the time I reached the pad my leg was ok. It hurted but not so bad.
I remained in the floor for about 2 minutes, then tried to stand up and walk and I was ok, again, there was some pain, but nothing to worry about.

The movement that caused this was something like twisting my hip from a central position to the right, both of my legs were a little bit bent. At the time I tried to push with the left leg (the one on the back) to reach the next hold (pretty far from when i was) I couldn't strech it, it just bent.

I think it was like a minor dislocation, but nothing to worry about. There is no swelling, and just some little pain.

What do you think?
have you ever seen something like this?
experienced it?

( I didn't went to the hospital cuz it didn't seem like a bad injury, but I want some climber opinion on this)

dudemanbu

Nov 29, 2005, 5:05 PM
Post #2 of 2 (740 views)
Shortcut

Re: knee injury [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

sounds like you tore your miniscus mildly. I've had this happen in both knees. With me, they just got worse, until any twisting movements would lock my knee at a 90 degree angle painfully until i laid on my side and straightened the knee manually (with my hands). Attempting to straighten with the leg muscles was very painful and futile. Eventually i needed to get surgery on both, but now they're good as new.

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook