Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

asuphil

Dec 21, 2005, 7:28 PM
Post #26 of 34 (3180 views)
Shortcut

Re: Mountain Towns [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'll second Leadville, CO.

pepsbandit

Dec 21, 2005, 7:55 PM
Post #27 of 34 (3180 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Good deal! Thanks for all the input guys!

:wink:

timd

Dec 23, 2005, 3:28 AM
Post #28 of 34 (3180 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Telluride and Silverton rule.

g-funk
Deleted

Dec 23, 2005, 5:23 AM
Post #29 of 34 (3180 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Hey, anybody know what town that is in Canada.

that be banff.....cool place....rock, ice ski, can be a bit pricey though...jasper is cool too, but even more tourist crap

i'd recommend any town in the kootneys, that been in BC

LEAVENWORTH?????cool rock there but all tourist crap....and the americana Bolivianism is just gross...i come from swiss/german grandparents...worst oktober fest ive ever seen

sisters is cool, i heard they got good bouldering and some alpine stuff...then again, it was like 2 in the morning when i rolled past there last, but form the looks of it, hard to bum it

????I think you mean Bavarianism :D

aeray

Dec 23, 2005, 7:15 AM
Post #30 of 34 (3180 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

check mccall, idaho off your list. I grew up here, and it is now totally fucked. it used to be ski bums, loggers, forest circus employees, miners, and hippies. now they have opened a new resort, "tamarack" (thats right, a "four season" resort named after the only needle-beating deciduous tree). tamacrack is just a realestate development in disguise. hello 100,000 an acre land prices, humvees everywhere (they may have small dicks, but at least they have more money than brains), jackass everywhere (driving the humvees), a whole lot of minimum wage service industry jobs, and 800 dollar single bedroom apartment rent. I am leaving her permanently. It is ruined. I am bitter and enraged. I hope it never snows here again. I hope all californians (white flighters- "cant stand the niggers in CA") all contract painful and debilitating diseases and die.

lemurboy

Dec 23, 2005, 3:59 PM
Post #31 of 34 (3180 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Bishop, CA is pretty dope! They have some pretty good skiing late in the season. Lots of back country potential and Mammoth is just up the road. And there is also some awesome climbing as you know.

Squamish has amazing climbing and a lot of back country skiing, with close proximity to Whistler. Cost of living in BC is retarded though, you maybe be living in a tent unless you can get a place to rent in squish.

Canmore is pretty sweet with everything you are looking for. I have seen rooms for rent there for around $300 per month. You are 1 hr from anything! Fortress Mt. Banff, Lake Lousie, are very close. A little further is Cranbrook, Golden and Fernie. There is also some great climbing in these areas.

If I had to chose I would probably go with Canmore or Bishop, just because of the cost of living. Whistler is just a tourist trap with too many rich people that think the know everything. LOSERS.

Anyway those are my opinions.

tammarak

Dec 23, 2005, 4:17 PM
Post #32 of 34 (3180 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I just moved to Golden BC, and it's absolutely everthing you could possibly want in a mountain town. The best part about It, is it's still lurking in the shadows of tourist traps like Fernie, Canmore, Banff etc. With forty feet of snow and a Gondola rising up 4000 vertical feet it's backcountry paradise, probably better then Colorado b/c there's so much white stuff (champagne powder) and you can still ski stuff that's never been touched!!!
Hail the Great White North!!!

crackmd

Dec 23, 2005, 5:28 PM
Post #33 of 34 (3180 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm working on getting a job in Flagstaff, Az. I can't think of a better climbing town.

ryanb

Dec 23, 2005, 6:25 PM
Post #34 of 34 (3180 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
LEAVENWORTH?????cool rock there but all tourist crap....and the americana Bolivianism is just gross...i come from swiss/german grandparents...worst oktober fest ive ever seen

There alot of swiss/german's in Bolivia?

Levenworth is okay but there are some much cooler towns in this state with better rock if you can handel it.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook