RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Climbing Photography

Premier Sponsor:

threefox

Aug 12, 2002, 11:48 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1152 views)
Shortcut

Photo Route Documentation...What Works?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm thinking about dedicating some time and energy into documenting the climbs in my area for the RC Dbase. I'd like to add basic photo's that compliment the descriptions. OUtlineing routes and overall layouts of larger areas/walls.

Any help from those who know is appreciated.

Adam.....

[ This Message was edited by: threefox on 2002-08-12 12:44 ]

Partner russman

Aug 12, 2002, 1:13 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1152 views)
Shortcut

Photo Route Documentation...What Works? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

threefox

glad to have you considering this. ANythign you can do is great. As far as pix...if your shots are just topos and general overview of the area...submit them in a LOW format. If they are an action shot or of someone climbing, then they can go in as a MEDIUM format. The easiest way to see this stuff is on the "Submit New Photo" page, it tells you the size requuirements and the physical size to stay within.

The other thing...make sure all the photos are linked to the routes DB...you can do this one of 2 ways...you can find the route area in the DB and then from there click on the "add photo about this area" and it will automatically put the photo in the right area...or when you "submt new photo" use teh drop down menu boxes and find the right area and do it that way. If you are confused, there is an article linked to the photo submission page that explains that process a little more.

Good luck adn you can drop me a PM if you need help.

The Russman

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Climbing Photography

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook