RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

pval

Feb 11, 2006, 1:46 AM
Post #1 of 1 (850 views)
Shortcut

A Large Dose of Positivity a.k.a The Inspiration Thread
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I am starting this thread for all of us to post our climbing injury/recovery stories. What happened how, much time out, and of course, your triumphant return! It would be nice to filter out the negative stories and live in a make believe world where everyone comes back and ticks their project 13, but we don’t have to do that, but the happier the ending the better!

This inspiration comes from three days, or has it been four days?, on the couch in a Vicodin imposed daze which has followed rotator cuff surgery of the arthroscopic kind on my left shoulder. I want to hear some of those old, Rudy and Notre Dame type comeback stories, where there is some huge triumph in the end after unbelievable odds, battling blizzards with no food and days without water…

Its been about 6 months since I climbed. I decided to take a break after I felt a definite not good feeling in my shoulder from climbing a few days in Rumney, NH. I tried some other therapies but it came down to surgery. It looks like it will be another 4 months before I am climbing but I feel positive about my return. I'm over the "f**k climbing" stage of my recovery. And I am able to talk about climbing again now that I know my return is coming, i no longer have to flip over the climbing magazines that are scattered all around the house, covering up pictures of those fools and their climbing adventures....The doctor says I’ll be good as new and I’ve decided to believe him. Once it is all said and done it will be close to a year away from climbing. I had only been climbing for a year and a half and was about to send my first 12. It is obvious that my climbing ambition was a bit to aggressive for my first year, and my body gave me a slap in the face for being such an immature climber. So my belief is this is just a bump in the road of an otherwise long and healthy climbing career. I will be back and I will be wiser…

I’ll keep you guys posted, but lets hear some of your injury stories to keep US INSPIRED!! Because those of us stuck on the couch with nothing to look forward to but long hours of Oprah and Spanish Soap Operas need it!

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook