Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

jred

Mar 17, 2006, 1:37 AM
Post #76 of 172 (10698 views)
Shortcut

Re: more on dogs at the crag [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
uumm yeah i'm not just a climber I'm a dirtbiker, fisherman, offroader, camper, CLIMBER, and desert partier. So I quess I am an outdoorsman
No your a redneck, who thinks partying in the desert and driving gas powered vehicles around makes you in touch with nature.

boardline22

Mar 18, 2006, 3:09 AM
Post #77 of 172 (10698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
uumm yeah i'm not just a climber I'm a dirtbiker, fisherman, offroader, camper, CLIMBER, and desert partier. So I quess I am an outdoorsman
No your a redneck, who thinks partying in the desert and driving gas powered vehicles around makes you in touch with nature.

exactly

tenesmus

Mar 18, 2006, 4:53 AM
Post #78 of 172 (10698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hate dogs at the crag.

shanz

Mar 18, 2006, 10:58 PM
Post #79 of 172 (10698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

actually dogs dont bother me its the people i cant stand :lol:

:roll: :roll:

stymingersfink

Mar 18, 2006, 11:11 PM
Post #80 of 172 (10698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Dog's behavior reflects the owner. If your dog is annoying, so are you for bringing him/her to the crag. Some breeds are more annoying than others, like the mastifs that essentially are masterless. If your dog has no boundaries or sense of respect for other beings, that is a reflection of the owner. If the owner doesn't have confidence/experience that their animal can peacefully co-exist with other dogs and climbers, then they should make the decision to leash the dog or leave it at home. This is especially true for people with more than one dog. If your dog likes to fight, leave em home, a leash won't solve the problem because other leashless dogs may wander too close. I would prefer that only very well behaved dogs be allowed to run loose at the crags, which is generally the case. You're taking climbing too seriously if you think all dogs should be left home. Every person who has ever met my dog Ty (a pit bull/boxer mix) has loved him and been glad to meet him at the crag. He's been a nuisance only when there are many other dogs running around. If I sense any problems, I immobilize him with a leash until conditions change. Be the master, and let your dog have fun too.

if i only had trophies today, this one on page 2 would get a nice gold one.

Now, from the above quote remove the word

dog

and replace with the word

child

and everyone took such advice to heart we'd have a much more agreeable crag to climb at. Especially as the well-mannered child grows into a respectable/respectful young climber at the local crag.

Of course, if the child proves untrainable, you'd better believe the thing will be left home in the kennel on crag-day!

roklizard

Mar 19, 2006, 12:45 AM
Post #81 of 172 (10698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well said my man!

roklizard

Mar 19, 2006, 1:02 AM
Post #82 of 172 (10698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

maybe if i sit around like some snob talking trash about dogs i'd be more in touch with nature. Don't be mad you can't do anything other than play on the computer. Maybe worry less about the dog and more about yourself. Dork
Realize its your world where just trying to live in it. Also don't be mad i hang out with girls in the desert while u check out your buddies tights.

roklizard

Mar 19, 2006, 1:06 AM
Post #83 of 172 (10698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bro i've had dogs ever since i can remember what are you talking about

roklizard

Mar 19, 2006, 1:10 AM
Post #84 of 172 (10698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
actually dogs dont bother me its the people i cant stand :lol:

:roll: :roll:
for sure

meesier42

Mar 19, 2006, 1:17 AM
Post #85 of 172 (10698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I love having my dog at the crag,
that being said, he is always on a leash, he is very well behaved, ignores everyone out there 'cept the people that talk to him of course. The only reason I keep him on a leash is cause I know dogs bother some people and I don't want anyone else getting offended, the crag is for everyone afterall.
Also I have more than once had to talk to a few people about leashing their dogs, makes everyone more comfortable. Its kind of like the trash thing, its more than cleaning up after yourself, cause the landowners don't see you, they see the mess when everyone is gone, picking up after others protects the crag (me) in the long run.

mindaa

Mar 19, 2006, 12:00 PM
Post #86 of 172 (10698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I love having my dog at the crag,
that being said, he is always on a leash, he is very well behaved, ignores everyone out there 'cept the people that talk to him of course. The only reason I keep him on a leash is cause I know dogs bother some people and I don't want anyone else getting offended, the crag is for everyone afterall.

Meesier42, you are a saint

ter_bee

Mar 20, 2006, 11:37 PM
Post #87 of 172 (10698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
terb, are you the antonym for logic? dogs prove you're amiable? give me a break - so policemen have dogs to show their love for society? you're actually saying that you bring your dog to the crag to show that you are able to make friends? I suppose that's what the czechs were doing as well?

BS!

an antonym is a word, not a person. so no, i guess i'm not.

i meant pet owners when i said 'we,' and i DIDN'T mean that bringing the dog was the proof, i meant that having (and presumably liking) the dog was the proof.

but yeah, this was another impolite exposure of a small stereotype i carry around. i think it takes a special kind of person not to like dogs.

and round and round we go...

dingus

Mar 21, 2006, 12:08 AM
Post #88 of 172 (10698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've reverted to my country boy heritage... dog bothers me, I settle with the dog, on the spot. That settlement will involve surprise and overwhelming aggression, cause I treat dogs like the dogs they are.

I owned dogs for purt near 40 years. I've been dog free now since Billy Bob died.

LIBERATION!

I'm serious, owning a dog is mostly hassle, specially for city folk, specially if they are climbers. The dogs aren't worth it.

But I know you 'dogs-are-people-too' people won't listen. Just remember, I got a special pair of hiking boots with Fido's ribcage superimposed on the toes...

DMT

freedud

Mar 21, 2006, 12:34 AM
Post #89 of 172 (10698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I went to the local craig yesterday with my two dogs. While walking along the narrow access trail I came upon a party of eight people climbers, with three ropes set up on the climbs. They had their stuff strewn along 100 feet of the trail, and I had to step over and around cams, backbacks, and ropes. I saw one of them set down a candy wrapper on a backpack, and the wind caught it and sent is sailing down the trail. He just shrugged his shoulders and sat down.

Oh, we were talking about dogs disrupting the craigs. What was the point again?

Partner mr8615

Mar 21, 2006, 12:39 AM
Post #90 of 172 (10698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I've reverted to my country boy heritage... dog bothers me, I settle with the dog, on the spot. That settlement will involve surprise and overwhelming aggression, cause I treat dogs like the dogs they are.

I owned dogs for purt near 40 years. I've been dog free now since Billy Bob died.

LIBERATION!

I'm serious, owning a dog is mostly hassle, specially for city folk, specially if they are climbers. The dogs aren't worth it.

But I know you 'dogs-are-people-too' people won't listen. Just remember, I got a special pair of hiking boots with Fido's ribcage superimposed on the toes...

DMT

I'd have to agree here, on many points.

Dog and I disagree, dog and I solve it then and there. I don't care who dog's owner is, if owner is a good one then dog and I don't disagree in the first place.

Dogs do not belong in condos, apartments, etc, especially the 3rd floor kind. Got a nice big yard? Got a fence? Got a doggy door? Get a dog if you want.

Dogs are friends, right? Would you abandon a friend to a lonely one bedroom apartment or some other small indoor space when that friend is totally dependant on you for support, companionship, eating, drinking, etc but you have to go to work? Doesn't sound like a friend I'd like to have.

Don't get me wrong, I love dogs. With proper care and a proper situation, they can be an awesome companion. I don't even mind dogs at the crag, I just hate stupid people I guess.

Let me repeat that, I hate stupid people. It sucks, because they are everywhere (including at crags where they bring their poorly trained dogs and poorly raised children)!!!

jred

Mar 21, 2006, 12:44 AM
Post #91 of 172 (10698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I went to the local craig yesterday with my two dogs. While walking along the narrow access trail I came upon a party of eight people climbers, with three ropes set up on the climbs. They had their stuff strewn along 100 feet of the trail, and I had to step over and around cams, backbacks, and ropes. I saw one of them set down a candy wrapper on a backpack, and the wind caught it and sent is sailing down the trail. He just shrugged his shoulders and sat down.

Yeah, what is your point? Two wrongs make a right? Who is this craig guy anyway?

tradmanclimbs

Mar 21, 2006, 1:30 AM
Post #92 of 172 (10698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

For every 3 well behaved dog/owner combos at the crags there is one that $hits at the base of the climb (owner ignores steaming pile) bites someone, won't let you past their owners packs on the trail because the owners are 3 pitches up and the dog is just doing his job(really fckin amusing on 4th class terrain when the dog is at face level and a slip means certain injury as does a bite to the face) runs through your belayer while chaseing something, diggs a big hole or multiple big holes in an allready erosion challenged enviornment or just generally pisses me off. 25% dosen't cut it in my book :roll:

ter_bee

Mar 21, 2006, 2:45 AM
Post #93 of 172 (10698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:

LIBERATION!

DMT

funny (what does purt mean?) and fair. sorry to hear about the late mr. thornton. i had no idea.

roklizard

Mar 21, 2006, 2:57 AM
Post #94 of 172 (10698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Yeah, what is your point? Two wrongs make a right? Who is this craig guy anyway?
is what he meant was worry about yourself and how u look in your tights and not his dog. looser

styndall

Mar 21, 2006, 3:04 AM
Post #95 of 172 (10698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

is what he meant was worry about yourself and how u look in your tights and not his dog. looser

How articulate...

A quick lesson:

looser: adjective, comparative form of 'loose,' as in 'Your bowels are watery and considerably looser than they ought to be.'

loser: noun, as in 'Come unarmed to a battle of wits, and you're sure to end up the loser.'

Hope this helps!
:)

roklizard

Mar 21, 2006, 4:03 AM
Post #96 of 172 (10698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

How articulate...

A quick lesson:

looser: adjective, comparative form of 'loose,' as in 'Your bowels are watery and considerably looser than they ought to be.'

loser: noun, as in 'Come unarmed to a battle of wits, and you're sure to end up the loser.'

Hope this helps!
oops i'm still learning english

styndall

Mar 21, 2006, 5:07 AM
Post #97 of 172 (10698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

How articulate...

A quick lesson:

Hope this helps!

Jeez, sorry.

If I'd known that English isn't your first language, I'd have been way less snarky. Sorry about that.

sidepull

Mar 21, 2006, 4:33 PM
Post #98 of 172 (10698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

How articulate...

A quick lesson:

Hope this helps!

Jeez, sorry.

If I'd known that English isn't your first language, I'd have been way less snarky. Sorry about that.

I think we need to be nice to both roklizard (rocklizard) and freedud (freedude) - obviously they learned how to spell by reading vanity plates, I mean vantypl8s. Mostly I just wanted to see these things get quoted more.

csproul

Mar 21, 2006, 4:49 PM
Post #99 of 172 (10698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thought I'd re-contribute to this thread after a fine trip with my dog. I climbed for 4 days with my wife and dog and it was great. Saw several other dogs, and pretty much every person who we met seemed to like our dog and most petted her and/or played with her. If there were people who seemed to have a problem with the dogs there, they were vastly in the minority. Either that, or people act different from how they feel, in which case screw 'em. We kept her under fairly good control, and always clean up after her when she does her business. People on the other hand managed to leave crap, toilet paper, litter...and I even witnessed people hacking down trees so they'd be more comfortable at the bottom of a route and then proceed to start a fire at the base of a route in the frigid 60 degree weather. :roll: No, two wrongs don't make a right, but worry about the things that matter, not the little things that might irritate you.

jred

Mar 21, 2006, 5:56 PM
Post #100 of 172 (10698 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

How articulate...

A quick lesson:

Hope this helps!
Asshole is a universal language apparently.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook