Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Gear found at NJC
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

tripperjm

Mar 27, 2006, 4:58 PM
Post #1 of 12 (3429 views)
Shortcut

Gear found at NJC  (North_America: United_States: California: San_Bernardino_County: New_Jack_City)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Somebody left a mt bike wheel and small backpack with a helmet and climbing shoes in the parking lot in the main area of NJC. I don't know much about mt bikes, however this is a expensive looking wheel and I'm sure somebody wants it back. pm me, id and get it back. Ask your friends, I want to return this gear to it's owner.

jack

tripperjm

Mar 27, 2006, 6:07 PM
Post #2 of 12 (3429 views)
Shortcut

Re: Gear found at NJC [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Come on guys, that mt bike is not going to ride real well with out that expensive wheel and I'm sure somebody is going to want to wear thier climbing shoes and helmet someday. Ask your friends, I want to return this gear....

I mean bump.

boardline22

Mar 27, 2006, 6:25 PM
Post #3 of 12 (3429 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

what a day before a bump because how crazy it sounds, people are not on RC.com 24/7. I know, crazy.

tripperjm

Mar 30, 2006, 5:09 PM
Post #4 of 12 (3429 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the helpful tip boardline22. I know " how crazy it sounds", but my busy climbing schedule, doesn't allow me to post more than a couple days a week. " I know, crazy." I could always climb less and post more... but I still wouldn't know how to answer important questions like ham sammi or turkey. Additionally, I know my silly attempt to return found gear will take up precious space on the front page, that could be better used answering important questions like "Which shoes should I buy?". So please, bare with me while I bump this thread several times today. I really do want to return this gear. Maybe some of you guys that don't live in Ill and climb at NJC could help out by asking around or bumping this thread.
Thanks jack

I mean bump!

tripperjm

Mar 30, 2006, 9:47 PM
Post #5 of 12 (3429 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I know boardliner.... but it the way I have to do it. HAHA!!!1

So I don't waste all of your time clicking on this bump, I'll tell you a little know, stupid story about NJC.

It was about 8 years ago, I had been bolting at NJC for a few years, we had maybe 100+ routes. It was a nice spring day and there were quite a few climbers. I had just returned to the main area after bolting something in the next canyon over. Several friends informed me that some old guy(climber) was looking for me and he didn't look happy. I thought, "Christ, what did I do this time? Well I better get this over with" I just started to look for the guy, when this crusty old trad looking dude walks up. "Are you Jack?" he gruffly asks. He looks sort of mean and my guess was he was going to hassle me about sport climbing. Well, I better face the music. Yea, I reply. Then the dude walks right up on me. I figure he is going to punch me! He sticks his hand out and says "I want to shake your hand. I climbed out here back in the 80's and put in a few routes. We were looking for trad routes, didn't find much. Sure makes a good sport area though." We talked for a while and he drew me a topo to the routes he had established back in the 80's. Turns out his name was Bruce Binder, our very own "brutusofwyde". Nice guy, despite my fears at first.

I hope I told the story right Bruce.

I can't believe somebody doesn't know somebody who climbed at NJC on Saturday March 25th, who is missing an expensive wheel for his mt bike and a backpack with climbing shoes and a helmet.

Oh yea bump!

jt512

Mar 30, 2006, 11:33 PM
Post #6 of 12 (3429 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I can't believe somebody doesn't know somebody who climbed at NJC on Saturday March 25th, who is missing an expensive wheel for his mt bike and a backpack with climbing shoes and a helmet.

You sure it's not a unicycle wheel? Was there a Rolex watch left nearby?

Jay

boardline22

Mar 31, 2006, 4:41 AM
Post #7 of 12 (3429 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Thanks for the helpful tip boardline22. I know " how crazy it sounds", but my busy climbing schedule, doesn't allow me to post more than a couple days a week. " I know, crazy." I could always climb less and post more... but I still wouldn't know how to answer important questions like ham sammi or turkey. Additionally, I know my silly attempt to return found gear will take up precious space on the front page, that could be better used answering important questions like "Which shoes should I buy?". So please, bare with me while I bump this thread several times today. I really do want to return this gear. Maybe some of you guys that don't live in Ill and climb at NJC could help out by asking around or bumping this thread.
Thanks jack

I mean bump!

I know boardliner.... but it the way I have to do it. HAHA!!!1

So I don't waste all of your time clicking on this bump, I'll tell you a little know, stupid story about NJC.

It was about 8 years ago, I had been bolting at NJC for a few years, we had maybe 100+ routes. It was a nice spring day and there were quite a few climbers. I had just returned to the main area after bolting something in the next canyon over. Several friends informed me that some old guy(climber) was looking for me and he didn't look happy. I thought, "Christ, what did I do this time? Well I better get this over with" I just started to look for the guy, when this crusty old trad looking dude walks up. "Are you Jack?" he gruffly asks. He looks sort of mean and my guess was he was going to hassle me about sport climbing. Well, I better face the music. Yea, I reply. Then the dude walks right up on me. I figure he is going to punch me! He sticks his hand out and says "I want to shake your hand. I climbed out here back in the 80's and put in a few routes. We were looking for trad routes, didn't find much. Sure makes a good sport area though." We talked for a while and he drew me a topo to the routes he had established back in the 80's. Turns out his name was Bruce Binder, our very own "brutusofwyde". Nice guy, despite my fears at first.

I hope I told the story right Bruce.

Oh yea bump!

Maybe you should chill the hell out first of all. If someone is missing gear and belong to this website they world probably look in regional if they wanted it back. I know you are trying to do the right thing, which is all dandy, but one can look at it like your just trying to add to your post count or some crap like that. I really don't want to get in a pissing contest with you, so lets just chill out.

I also hope that the guy/gal will get there gear back.

Finally, that climbing comment got me pissed off, but I will let it go. Wait, I would like to explain why I do not climb 24/7. One I have NO place to climb 24/7. 2. I can never get a ride to go climb anywhere outside, and I do not have a license or car because of monetary reasons. This is the next best thing for me. Also I am working to get a car and license. I just hope when I do and if I leave some gear behind that you would post it on this website. I just hope you don't bump it every freakin three hours within the first day.

I want to end this post on good terms, so I am sorry if I got your panties in a bunch and pissed you off for trying to do a good thing.

Personally, I like some of the sandwich threads.

ubotch

Mar 31, 2006, 5:13 AM
Post #8 of 12 (3429 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't quite understand why Boardline is so upset but I'll bump it for ya this time so he can get pissed at someone else for a change.

I think its great that you're trying to return the stuff. Unfortunately I don't know anbody who was there last weekend. Good luck.

elgecko

Mar 31, 2006, 7:39 PM
Post #9 of 12 (3429 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It must've been the two guys who pulled up in the non-Toyota SUV with a mountain bike on the rack. They climbed Welcome to NJC then moved on.

highlife87

Mar 31, 2006, 8:08 PM
Post #10 of 12 (3429 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

it's annoying how people get so damn confrontational on rc.com. I hope it's just a small # of ppl on rc.com and not the whole climbing community that find the internet to let out steam since there are no consequences (like getting your ass kicked).

Nice of you to try to get someones gear back, by the way. Good man/woman.

In case someone's gonna make a vicious stab at my post, i'm not watching it, so don't even try piss me off with some critical examination of it.

why can't we all just get along without bitching at eachother?

~b

tchamber

Mar 31, 2006, 8:48 PM
Post #11 of 12 (3429 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Maybe you should chill the hell out first of all. If someone is missing gear and belong to this website they world probably look in regional if they wanted it back. I know you are trying to do the right thing, which is all dandy, but one can look at it like your just trying to add to your post count or some crap like that.

Wow, man... Wow...

Jack is about the most chill guy I've ever met. He puts in a ton of time, effort and money into quality route development for the good of the climbing community. His project for the last few decades (New Jack City) is drawing climbers from throughout the country now, and has been featured in more than a few major climbing rag spreads. Now he's putting in a little additional effort on top of all of that to help out some guy that forgot his stuff at the crag. Seems pretty selfless to me...

Show some respect.

Thanks for the effort Jack, I'll ask around.

masterpong75

Apr 12, 2006, 6:28 PM
Post #12 of 12 (3429 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You are the man. Thought everything was lost forever.
Can't believe I just drove away leaving all that stuff behind behind.
We even returned the next day to check.
You have restored my faith in people.

I greatly appreciate you picking up after my dumba@%.

Thanks a million.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook