RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

carabiner96

Apr 10, 2006, 11:04 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1414 views)
Shortcut

skinny wrist syndrome?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

does anyone else out there (prolly the ladies) have really, really skinny wrists - re: all bones- and have problems in the outside area of the joint? sometimes the pain is just an annoyance, sometimes it means i can't even open a jar of pickles.

One doc told me it could be carpal tunnel, another said arthritis, yet another said a triangular fibrocartilage tear. All three said to slap a brace on it and maybe it would get better.

ahhh, doctors....

reg

Apr 10, 2006, 12:12 PM
Post #2 of 2 (1414 views)
Shortcut

Re: skinny wrist syndrome? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

hi - my name is richard and i have thin wrists. :D not a big deal - strenght is not in the wrist but the mucles that pull on the tendons that run through the wrist. wonder if "overuse" or repetitive action syn. could have complicated your condition? that said do what you can and enjoy what you do - don't worry about "grades" just have fun with the adventure! there's a guy on this site - an amputee (below right knee) who was workin on a couple different attachments for types of climbing - also i have a vid of eric weinheimer and friends climbing in the desert - can't remember the title just now - eric's blind but leads trad - climbing with a dlb amputee and a para palegic who jugs behind - really cool stuff. i'll let you now the name of the vid tomorrow. have fun!

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook