Forums: Climbing Partners: International:
Euro-Freaks
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 62 Next page Last page  View All

Partner heiko

Apr 25, 2006, 8:58 AM
Post #1201 of 1534 (38903 views)
Shortcut

Re: Calling all Euro-freaks [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

Daniel, believe me, you can't imagine how muc I'd LOVE to be in Berlin today. Sitting in a nice homely café, reading a climbing magazine or a guidebook, or Zitty to see what's up for the evening... sometimes I really miss it, man. :cry:

But then... most of the time I don't. ;)

uasunflower

Apr 25, 2006, 8:58 AM
Post #1202 of 1534 (38903 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

heiko, c'mon, we need countries with mountains and no civilization. 21st century sux anyway...

Partner tisar

Apr 25, 2006, 9:05 AM
Post #1203 of 1534 (38903 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
Daniel, believe me, you can't imagine how muc I'd LOVE to be in Berlin today. Sitting in a nice homely café, reading a climbing magazine or a guidebook, or Zitty to see what's up for the evening... sometimes I really miss it, man. :cry:

But then... most of the time I don't. ;)

Now, if you were here, you wouldn't sit in a café but in the office :roll: 21st century that is *sigh*

- Daniel

paolo75

Apr 25, 2006, 10:19 AM
Post #1204 of 1534 (38903 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
Guys, what a f* country am I living in??? Today's a holiday here, and I'm not kidding, but getting a friggin Croissant and a coffee was a quest!!! I'm living in the CITY CENTRE gddmmt! Every single one of the ~10 bars between my house and my office outside of town was CLOSED. So were the two bars near the office. I had to drive 5km to another village to get food!

What am I supposed to do for lunch??? Drive to friggin Austria???
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Could someone please come and move this country from the 19th to the 21th century ???

do not complain...you live in a gorgeous area...and you can start cooking something from time to time. :wink:

Partner heiko

Apr 25, 2006, 10:28 AM
Post #1205 of 1534 (38903 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:

do not complain...you live in a gorgeous area...

Says the Italian who decided to live in Brussels :lol:

paolo75

Apr 25, 2006, 10:54 AM
Post #1206 of 1534 (38903 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

do not complain...you live in a gorgeous area...

Says the Italian who decided to live in Brussels :lol:

:(

Partner tisar

Apr 27, 2006, 7:30 AM
Post #1207 of 1534 (38903 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

:shock: I already thought the thread vanished... I had to take a link from another thread to find it again... maybe this puts it back... hope so...

Heiko, weren't you up to post the Pfalz gathering? I fear we have to fix it before the tickets get unaffordable. Would be better to book the flights this week...

Hava nice one everyone!

Daniel

Partner heiko

Apr 27, 2006, 7:48 AM
Post #1208 of 1534 (38903 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

You're right, will do immediately.

Partner heiko

Apr 27, 2006, 8:13 AM
Post #1209 of 1534 (38903 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Here we go!

http://www.rockclimbing.com/topic/111681

Partner tisar

Apr 27, 2006, 8:34 AM
Post #1210 of 1534 (38903 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Just added the links to the two airports. Still have no clou where to end up for climbing though. Hope we find the crags... :shock:

- Daniel

Partner heiko

Apr 28, 2006, 1:44 PM
Post #1211 of 1534 (38903 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Hey guys, I wish you all a fantastic climbing weekend!

See you next Tuesday. :)

happyfra

May 1, 2006, 9:06 AM
Post #1212 of 1534 (38903 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
Guys, what a f* country am I living in??? Today's a holiday here, and I'm not kidding, but getting a friggin Croissant and a coffee was a quest!!! I'm living in the CITY CENTRE gddmmt! Every single one of the ~10 bars between my house and my office outside of town was CLOSED. So were the two bars near the office. I had to drive 5km to another village to get food!

What am I supposed to do for lunch??? Drive to friggin Austria???
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Could someone please come and move this country from the 19th to the 21th century ???

Sooooo selfish of you!! It is holiday, why do you think people should work for your breakfast? This is not how things work here!

Enjoy funny Italy!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Partner tisar

May 2, 2006, 7:28 AM
Post #1213 of 1534 (38903 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Hey there!

Hope you had some fine days in the sun!

I really wanted to get out, but the weather gods played foul. Besides a little bouldering session yesterday it was all too wet :evil: I couldn't even take advantage of my new hip-style, all-metrosexual, old-shool 50ties-Hawaiian, surfer-pattern chalkbag:

http://www.metoliusclimbing.com/comp_blu_hawaiian.jpg

Only flaw: It does not match the colors of the quickdraws...

News of the day: Revolution still didn't take place in Berlin, though Kreuzberg's left wing marched around the Mariannenplatz for the I-don't-know-how-many-eth time. What a shame.

Have a short week!

- Daniel

(Rereading the post I really get the impression 3 hours of sleep are not enough to recharge the batteries of my brain. Oh my!)

Partner heiko

May 2, 2006, 8:03 AM
Post #1214 of 1534 (38903 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
rant_about_closed_shops

Sooooo selfish of you!! It is holiday, why do you think people should work for your breakfast? This is not how things work here!

Hey happyfra, I have to correct my statements about the country in general. I just found out that it must be the Trentino region... just returned from Liguria where it was no problem to get breakfast on a holiday. :D
People here obviously are just so rich that they can afford to open their shops only when they're in the right mood. :shock: ;)

Anyway... I just spent three awesome days in Finale Ligure with bellaitalia and six ( :!: :shock: ) American teachers. Here's a few phrases that I came up with to promote Finale:

Bored of the 5-minute approaches in Arco? Come to Finale Ligure! Practice bush-whacking on a 3-hour adventure hike through Ligurian rainforest. (Rapelling and scratching up arms and legs included).

Bored by the soft ratings in the rest of Europe? Come to Finale Ligure! Get your @ss kicked on overhung 5c's with a high first bolt and the hardest 6a slabs you've ever climbed. (Learn to spell c-h-e-e-s-e g-r-a-t-e-r ).

Bored of finger-friendly slopers? Come to Finale Ligure! Experience a whole new meaning of the term "don't fall" when you have two fingers jammed in a pocket with razor-sharp edges. On-sighting guaranteed! (Who needs ten fingers anyway).

;)

Anyway, dirtbagging it for three days in the woods was awesome, the climbs were hard, and we had Joel the incredible ropegun with us.

Life was good!

chrtur

May 2, 2006, 8:10 AM
Post #1215 of 1534 (38903 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

chrtur

May 2, 2006, 8:16 AM
Post #1216 of 1534 (38903 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Million dollar question:

Who did we see in the bushes on Sunday..... :lol:

http://spinphys.org/heiko.jpg

PS. Why dont you ask me about the way? :lol:

We also had a 2 1/2 hours hike on Saturday in the moutains outside Torino to find the climbing place. At some point we looked at the altitude meter and it was showing 1800m, though the climbing place was supposed to be at 1200 m.... :oops:

Partner heiko

May 2, 2006, 2:34 PM
Post #1217 of 1534 (38903 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I wonder what's wrong with the rest of the gang. :?

Partner tisar

May 2, 2006, 2:40 PM
Post #1218 of 1534 (38903 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
I wonder what's wrong with the rest of the gang. :?

Dunno. Taz sneaked in, I saw Julia online a couple of times... Maybe it's just silent Tuesday? Or they gotta ... errrr... work? Or they're as hangover as me but don't try to keep themselfs awake by babbling bullshit on the interweb... Who knows? :lol:

- Daniel

uasunflower

May 2, 2006, 3:37 PM
Post #1219 of 1534 (38903 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

hmm finale looks pretty good to me, heiko, or is complaining your second nature too (it's my first) :lol:? Any other pics out there?

Chrtur - any news for the first june w-end? you were also once mentionning doing smth on Aguille Dibona? Any interest left for that?

i think GD is enjoying in silence her callanques memories - and that's very selfish of her! Only pictures can prove the deeds!

As for me, i had a rather sucky and cold w-end in freyer, failed again on my last year's project (for the 15th time or smth), played all possible head games with myself and then finally wasn't even able to lead a couple of routes i've already onsighted last year. Will just write it all off on cold, lack of good food, good beer, good...(that's the complaining nature at its best there...) I just need to get to warmer and higher places, that's all!

Partner heiko

May 2, 2006, 3:52 PM
Post #1220 of 1534 (38903 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
Life was good!

Seems my rants are more appreciated than some "ooh it was so beautiful" posts ;)

But really, Finale was NICE, but a little different (sport climbing... you actually have to work hard, hahaha). Getting used to new types of rock and all that, you know.

Guess I'm simply way more fond of being high up in a nice wall than standing at the base of a crag with 37 chatting, telephoning, beta-shouting people that watch my @ss falling out of a route for ten times and secretly being happy that I didn't make it. ;)

happyfra

May 2, 2006, 8:16 PM
Post #1221 of 1534 (38903 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
rant_about_closed_shops

Hey happyfra, I have to correct my statements about the country in general. I just found out that it must be the Trentino region... just returned from Liguria where it was no problem to get breakfast on a holiday. :D
People here obviously are just so rich that they can afford to open their shops only when they're in the right mood. :shock: ;)

Anyway... I just spent three awesome days in Finale Ligure with bellaitalia and six ( :!: :shock: ) American teachers. Here's a few phrases that I came up with to promote Finale:

Bored of the 5-minute approaches in Arco? Come to Finale Ligure! Practice bush-whacking on a 3-hour adventure hike through Ligurian rainforest. (Rapelling and scratching up arms and legs included).

Bored by the soft ratings in the rest of Europe? Come to Finale Ligure! Get your @ss kicked on overhung 5c's with a high first bolt and the hardest 6a slabs you've ever climbed. (Learn to spell c-h-e-e-s-e g-r-a-t-e-r ).

Bored of finger-friendly slopers? Come to Finale Ligure! Experience a whole new meaning of the term "don't fall" when you have two fingers jammed in a pocket with razor-sharp edges. On-sighting guaranteed! (Who needs ten fingers anyway).

;)

Anyway, dirtbagging it for three days in the woods was awesome, the climbs were hard, and we had Joel the incredible ropegun with us.

Life was good!

Come on! First of all, people from Liguria are well known to be the most unpleasent and unpolite guests in the world: they do serve turists, but always as if they were making you a favour.
And then, if you cannot find your way in friendly Finale and get lost in the short walks to get to the crags...
I will concede that grades in Finale tend not to be on the soft side, but even that, some months ago I got scolded quite roughly just here on RC.com because I mentioned that France is in general softer than Finale.

Finally, I am just envious because you had three days there with my favourite climbing mate bellaitalia!!! :(

Partner heiko

May 3, 2006, 8:33 AM
Post #1222 of 1534 (38903 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
And then, if you cannot find your way in friendly Finale and get lost in the short walks to get to the crags...

It wasn't ENTIRELY my fault I would like to add... :lol: (I guess you can't expect too much route finding skills from a blonde that blocks the middle lane on an empty highway at 90 km/h :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:)

In reply to:
I will concede that grades in Finale tend not to be on the soft side, but even that, some months ago I got scolded quite roughly just here on RC.com because I mentioned that France is in general softer than Finale.

Don't know about France... I just had the impression that the grading in Finale was a bit unhomogeneous. On the one hand you have really stiff slab climbs with hard moves (for me...) on tiny holds rated something like 6a+, but then there are 7a's with huge holds that a 6b gym climber/boulderer could easily tick after a day of sorting out the moves (and taping his/her fingers).

In reply to:
Finally, I am just envious because you had three days there with my favourite climbing mate bellaitalia!!! :(
8^) 8^)

Partner booger

May 3, 2006, 10:53 AM
Post #1223 of 1534 (38903 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Hey Guys, as you know, Paolo and I were off in the Calanques with map and her crew this past weekend. You know when you have one of those trips that's just so special and fun and amazing... you feel like if you write about it too soon it will ruin it! Yeah, this was one of those trips! 8^)

The awesome crew:
map "the pint-sized powerhouse"
steiner "fresh fish"
martin "the Austrian rope-(machine)gun"
markus "Fancy-feet"

I won't say much more since Map has already started to write the TR. But it was FANTASTIC!! Couldn't have hoped for better weather, better company or nicer climbing. There should be a couple of pics in my profile shortly, and I'll add more with the TR.

Now, just trying to stay out of the rain and looking forward to Val di Mello! :D

Partner tisar

May 4, 2006, 7:38 AM
Post #1224 of 1534 (38903 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
... There should be a couple of pics in my profile shortly, and I'll add more with the TR...

Ouch. The beauty of that place hurts. Reeeeally hurts...

Anyway... What's up for the weekend?

Since the weather will be exceptional, we got perfect conditions for the noobs we are going to take out. First class of the year. WOOOT! Since there are just three of them... now it won't be the big profit, but I think we'll have some fun and the gas is paid.

Wish me luck that they don't try to kill me or themselfs. Since my Ex-Ex participates with her new boyfriend... if something goes wrong, I don't think that any judge would believe in my innocence 8^)

Have a nice one!

- Daniel

Partner heiko

May 4, 2006, 11:10 AM
Post #1225 of 1534 (38903 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
... There should be a couple of pics in my profile shortly, and I'll add more with the TR...

Ouch. The beauty of that place hurts. Reeeeally hurts...

These were the pics from Val di Mello that you've been looking at! :lol:

;)

First page Previous page 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 62 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook