RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Slacklining

Premier Sponsor:

rockandsnowbum

Jun 4, 2006, 10:35 PM
Post #1 of 6 (2815 views)
Shortcut

A framing for newbs
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

hey this is my first post i know its really dumb but i tried to set up a slackline in my back yard this summer using a tree and an home made A frame. i used a street sign post that i recovered from a accident near my house, the metal was undamaged on the part i used. i then hamered it three feet into the ground, set up two support lines behind it, consisting of webbing and these lawn screw things that caught in my lawn really well. when i started to tension the line not only did the post bend but the screws did as well. Whats a good reliable way to set up an A-frame that doesn't ruin my lawn and can support a 30 foot line and a 200 lbs dude? I apreciate the support and aknowledge fullythe foolishness of the question

rockandsnowbum

Jun 5, 2006, 3:52 PM
Post #2 of 6 (2815 views)
Shortcut

Re: A framing for newbs [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

sine this topic has over 100 views but no replies i decided to do some more poking around on the net and got this link to A framing help. Hope this helps all of the other nebs to the sport.

http://www.slacklineexpress.com/notrees.htm

In addition, does anybody have any clue how much tension a concreate foundation can take, aprox 6 inches wide?

youngceaser

Jun 5, 2006, 4:24 PM
Post #3 of 6 (2815 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i273/cease2xist_photos/IMG_0163.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i273/cease2xist_photos/IMG_0161.jpg

I built these anchors on the sides of my garage cause up in Duluth half the time the weather is snowing or snowing, I can either use one and use my car as my other anchor or else have about a 20 foot line completely inside my garage. I have had 3 people on it and has held with no problem so hope somebody likes the idea....

devils_advocate

Jun 5, 2006, 5:11 PM
Post #4 of 6 (2815 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
hey this is my first post i know its really dumb but ...

This is hands down the worst post I have read that started this way (which is why nobody responded). Usually any post that starts with some form of "I know this is dumb, but..." is loaded with completely stupid information/questions that we can rip apart with smart-ass comments. There's not too much here to work with. About the only material I'm seeing here is that you used a street sign. I dunno, guess it's a monday morning slump, my synical synapses aren't firing. Give me a couple hours to down some coffee and I'm sure I'll come back with something.

r

- try getting a round conduit, preferably steel, couple inches in diameter. I'd assume the sign pole was probably aluminum. Should be able to pick up a stick at a hardware store for reasonable.

Partner slacklinejoe

Jun 5, 2006, 5:36 PM
Post #5 of 6 (2815 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Could you post a picture of the foundation your refering to? For the life of me I can't visualize how your planning to rig that.

Keep in mind, it's receiving a sideways sheer force so things designed to take weight compressing on it from above may not work so well. If you couldn't pull it over with a 4 wheeler jerking against it then it might work. If there is any doubt at all don't attach to something that will be catastrophic if it fails.

uncleslackline

Jun 7, 2006, 12:42 AM
Post #6 of 6 (2815 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Free a-frame download
http://forum.slackline.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=2

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Slacklining

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook