Forums: Community: Campground:
Klownjaya's sulking thread....
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 3888 Next page Last page  View All

Partner brent_e

Jun 19, 2006, 8:27 PM
Post #376 of 97182 (20636 views)
Shortcut

Re: You might be a "brent_e". [In reply to]
Report this Post

In reply to:
That is a monster salmon, brent! That walleye looks like a nasty critter though!

it is it is! thanks. that one fought like a mother.

In reply to:
Man, I'm no good at catching them, but I love me some fresh caught fish! I used to do a little angling on sierra trout streams with my grandpa, but that was years ago. And trout don't get as big as the Mighty Salmon.

catching trout in streams is like therapy. I love doing that. And it's not about the size!!! :wink:

In reply to:
After college, I moved to Hawaii to pursue my dreams of surfing perfect waves. For a time, I was blissfully unemployed. But, I had a 10lb bag of coffee, a 10lb bag of rice, and I'd buy fresh ahi from local fishermen off the side of the road. Those were the days, and those were the waves! Life was cheap, and life was good!

livin the life, eh? I don't know that i'm adventurous enough to ever do something like that (too "grounded") so i envy you for that.
In reply to:
Oh, and I had a good day climbing Saturday. Reconnected with a partner I haven't seen since Nov., rescued a couple folks, and met a ton of cool people at Lover's Leap. Should have gotten Christine's phone number though, I really blew it on that one!

:lol: I know how you feel re: the lady, caughtinside. :lol: hopefully you'll only make that mistake once!! good to hear you did some climbing!

In reply to:
Happy fathers day to all readers of the "brent_e" chat thread!

looking at those in the thread, i think the number of fathers if extremely low. Darkside i think is not. Jumpingrock i believe is not. Nate better not be! :lol: I'm 22 and definitely not a father (although there was that one girl this night a time ago.....*ahem*), red, no sure about you, nor am i sure about caughtinside!! Maybe it says something about climbers or those that lurk intraweb forums???

Take care everyone!

Brent

Partner brent_e

Jun 19, 2006, 8:30 PM
Post #377 of 97182 (20636 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
That is a sweet salmon. My biggest was only a 14 pounder. :( But it was still pretty good for trolling behind a sailboat. :D

thanks!!! it was a decent fish.

14lbs is nothing to say "only" about! where did you catch it???

and what the heck does your name mean?!?!

:D

best

Brent

redlegrangerone

Jun 20, 2006, 1:51 AM
Post #378 of 97182 (20636 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I caught it in Liberty Bay on Puget Sound up in Washington. Trolled a flasher behind a 30 foot sailboat. I am surprised we were going fast enough to make it flash.

A redleg is an artilleryman. A ranger is an Army Ranger.

And no, I am not a father yet.

But most of my fishing is done on a fly rod. Nothing like an 8 pound german brown trout on a barbless hook. Now that is fishing!

granite_grrl

Jun 20, 2006, 3:35 AM
Post #379 of 97182 (20636 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Holey crap! Its like we've got a room full of brent_e's with all the fishing talk going on! Redleg, I'm particularly disapointed in you, you're just encouraging him you know. I'm trying to keep him on track for going away climbing with me this weekend, and you're not helping. :evil:

darkside

Jun 20, 2006, 4:26 AM
Post #380 of 97182 (20636 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
Holey crap! Its like we've got a room full of brent_e's with all the fishing talk going on! Redleg, I'm particularly disapointed in you, you're just encouraging him you know. I'm trying to keep him on track for going away climbing with me this weekend, and you're not helping. :evil:
Aww come on, you should know by now that that's not going to happen :roll: Hey have you thought about doing Moonday at BE? I hear it's pretty good but needs more traffic.

You might be a Brent_E if you'll never do Moonday with Granite_grrl :lol:

granite_grrl

Jun 20, 2006, 5:09 AM
Post #381 of 97182 (20636 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Aww come on, you should know by now that that's not going to happen :roll: Hey have you thought about doing Moonday at BE? I hear it's pretty good but needs more traffic.

You might be a Brent_E if you'll never do Moonday with Granite_grrl :lol:

I thought about Moonday while I was there last time. I guess Rob did the first pitch of Boris and then continued up on Moondaythen. Gawd, you got me one some nasty stuff at BE last year, Grant. Moonday was dirty, and Ottawa Route has scared me away from any Bon Echo 5.8s for a while. There was also that other route where we had to trundle a bunch of stuff from the first pitch to make it safe....which one was that again?

We'll see what the temps are for the weekend and then choose between Bon Echo and the Gunks.....you never know, Brent may actually get out climbing this summer! :lol:

darkside

Jun 20, 2006, 11:03 AM
Post #382 of 97182 (20636 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
I thought about Moonday while I was there last time. I guess Rob did the first pitch of Boris and then continued up on Moondaythen. Gawd, you got me one some nasty stuff at BE last year, Grant. Moonday was dirty, and Ottawa Route has scared me away from any Bon Echo 5.8s for a while. There was also that other route where we had to trundle a bunch of stuff from the first pitch to make it safe....which one was that again?
Which Rob, Bugaloo? I think that first belay alcove and the black cracks above were the most aesthetic so he missed out. The crux on the (3rd??) pitch did have a little moon dust on it eh?
The trundling was the first pitch of Ottawa route where the whole ramp had broken off eliminating the easy scramble to the first belay. I guess the crux pitch was pretty sketchy eh. Maybe I did pick some adventurous climbs but you always seemed to pick me to lead the cruxes so I think that balances out. Besides I never did take you looking for the Atomic Marshmallow, or to get the Venezuelan Beaver Cheese. Now there could have been some adventure climbing.

In reply to:
We'll see what the temps are for the weekend and then choose between Bon Echo and the Gunks.....you never know, Brent may actually get out climbing this summer! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:nono: nice jest but don't fool yourself. This is Brent_E we are talking about. :twisted:

redlegrangerone

Jun 20, 2006, 12:02 PM
Post #383 of 97182 (20636 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

You might be a Brent_e if you would rather be with a fish than your girlfriend? Even if she is hard like Granite. :lol:

chossmonkey

Jun 20, 2006, 5:50 PM
Post #384 of 97182 (20636 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
You might be a Brent_e if you would rather be with a fish than your girlfriend? Even if she is hard like Granite. :lol:

:x HEY!!!

That's my wife you're talking about! :evil:

granite_grrl

Jun 20, 2006, 5:58 PM
Post #385 of 97182 (20636 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
Which Rob, Bugaloo?

Ummmmmm, maybe? Rob who I met with you at the Red who's with Sue (I'm not good with names).

kantkatchme

Jun 20, 2006, 7:09 PM
Post #386 of 97182 (20636 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

watch the toes! :lol:

redlegrangerone

Jun 20, 2006, 7:25 PM
Post #387 of 97182 (20636 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Yes, I know Chossmonkey. But I am pretty sure you would choose your wife over a fish. But we are talking about a Brent_e here. :lol:

Partner brent_e

Jun 21, 2006, 3:22 AM
Post #388 of 97182 (20636 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
I caught it in Liberty Bay on Puget Sound up in Washington. Trolled a flasher behind a 30 foot sailboat. I am surprised we were going fast enough to make it flash.

good tactics. Flashers and cutbait are fantastic on lake ontario later in the year. They take a lot of fish.

In reply to:
A redleg is an artilleryman. A ranger is an Army Ranger.
thanks for the clarity!

In reply to:
And no, I am not a father yet.

cool!

In reply to:
But most of my fishing is done on a fly rod. Nothing like an 8 pound german brown trout on a barbless hook. Now that is fishing!

damn straight. Barbless is freakin hard! what kind of fly rods are you using?
I love catching fish on a fly. It feels traditional and feels like you've actually acomplished something compared to spinning gear. Actually, the largest brook trout (speckled trout) I've got was on a fly. good story, actually..... :D algonquin park, 2005. I have been going in for 16 years now (i was 5 the first time....my dad put me in the canoe which was on a cart and pulled me over most of the 6 mile portage - i do a lot more work now!). My dad, sister, and I were on our way out and taking it easy. We stopped to fish a spot called "the glory hole." Some spectacular speckled trout have come out of there. It is a little stream that runs from one lake to the next that opens into a bay. Pristine. So I roll cast a streamer into the current and let it drift into the deeper water. My line goes tight and I peel in slack - I know it's a good fish. I see it just when the mono gets close to the first guide and just like that, the line breaks. I was so revved up and sad all at the same time. I yelled to my dad that i just lost a huge fish, instantly grab another streamer, and tie it onto my now very short leader. And I cast. And cast. and cast. Finally i say to myself "last cast," which usually means two or three more. I drift the fly into the current again, and the line tightens. As I get the fish close I see that it is the same one!!! The bugger bit twice. AND, when I get it onto the dock, i remove both of my flies from it's mouth!!!! :D I thought about keeping it, but took a couple quick pictures and let him go (it had a pretty hooked jaw so i'm fairly sure it was a male). It was only about 2 and 3/4 pounds, but still my largest!

Great way to end the trip!

Brent

Partner brent_e

Jun 21, 2006, 3:30 AM
Post #389 of 97182 (20636 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

watch the toes! :lol:

WOOT

a new player!

I'm going this weekend. Like i said, Rebecca, bar my death or a missing leg or some gangrenous lepracy.

and we can likely leave fri morn, too!!!

but you gotta drive...... The buick is on it's last legs!! :lol:

Brent

Partner brent_e

Jun 21, 2006, 3:32 AM
Post #390 of 97182 (20636 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
Yes, I know Chossmonkey. But I am pretty sure you would choose your wife over a fish. But we are talking about a Brent_e here. :lol:

I'd choose my actual girlfriend over a fish, just to clarify.

I'd likely choose Rebecca over a fish. But not a 34lb salmon (if it was 2 weeks ago.....).

I think i got 3rd in the derby!

Brent

Partner brent_e

Jun 21, 2006, 3:36 AM
Post #391 of 97182 (20636 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Oh, Nate, 1512 posts with this one (i think). BUCK UP AND WHORE SOME POSTS, bisnatch.

:lol:

:robert:

Brent

granite_grrl

Jun 21, 2006, 4:48 AM
Post #392 of 97182 (20636 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
I'd likely choose Rebecca over a fish. But not a 34lb salmon (if it was 2 weeks ago.....).

Well, I guess that's a pretty big fish....... I still feel somehow slighted though :?

redlegrangerone

Jun 21, 2006, 10:58 AM
Post #393 of 97182 (20636 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

You might be a Brent_e if you suddenly start upping your post count on RC.com, because we are talking about fish. :lol:

redlegrangerone

Jun 21, 2006, 10:59 AM
Post #394 of 97182 (20636 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

and just so you know....... if you are fishing with bait or lures, and not a barbless hook with a fly rod, you are HUNTING. :D

chossmonkey

Jun 21, 2006, 2:39 PM
Post #395 of 97182 (20636 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

Oh, Nate, 1512 posts with this one (i think). BUCK UP AND WHORE SOME POSTS, bisnatch.

:lol:

:robert:

Brent

Some of us are too busy climbing to be writing drivel about fishing. :roll:

Sun. night we started another new route. We signed in at 7pm. We signed out at 4:15 pm on Monday. :shock:

chossmonkey

Jun 21, 2006, 2:44 PM
Post #396 of 97182 (20636 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
I love catching fish on a fly. It feels traditional and feels like you've actually acomplished something compared to spinning gear. Actually, the largest brook trout (speckled trout) I've got was on a fly. good story, actually..... :D algonquin park, 2005. I have been going in for 16 years now (i was 5 the first time....my dad put me in the canoe which was on a cart and pulled me over most of the 6 mile portage - i do a lot more work now!). My dad, sister, and I were on our way out and taking it easy. We stopped to fish a spot called "the glory hole." Some spectacular speckled trout have come out of there. It is a little stream that runs from one lake to the next that opens into a bay. Pristine. So I roll cast a streamer into the current and let it drift into the deeper water. My line goes tight and I peel in slack - I know it's a good fish. I see it just when the mono gets close to the first guide and just like that, the line breaks. I was so revved up and sad all at the same time. I yelled to my dad that i just lost a huge fish, instantly grab another streamer, and tie it onto my now very short leader. And I cast. And cast. and cast. Finally i say to myself "last cast," which usually means two or three more. I drift the fly into the current again, and the line tightens. As I get the fish close I see that it is the same one!!! The bugger bit twice. AND, when I get it onto the dock, i remove both of my flies from it's mouth!!!! :D I thought about keeping it, but took a couple quick pictures and let him go (it had a pretty hooked jaw so i'm fairly sure it was a male). It was only about 2 and 3/4 pounds, but still my largest!

Brent

Drivel,

Drivel,

Mavalas, driveles, fishing spray. :roll:

Common Brent, lets here about some of the sweet routes you've done lately. :D

redlegrangerone

Jun 21, 2006, 2:59 PM
Post #397 of 97182 (20636 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

You might be a Brent_e if your suedo fishing thread has 4x as many posts as the looming threat of GLOBAL WARMING. :lol:

darkside

Jun 21, 2006, 4:19 PM
Post #398 of 97182 (20636 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
Which Rob, Bugaloo?

Ummmmmm, maybe? Rob who I met with you at the Red who's with Sue (I'm not good with names).
Yep, that would be the same Rob.

Now enough with the fishing talk. This is a flame Brent thread on a climbing website bulletin board. Put the damm fish on the BBQ and if you want to talk fish, go log into http://www.myfingersstink.giveadamm :P

You might be a Brent_E if you talk anymore about fishing. :roll:

Partner brent_e

Jun 22, 2006, 2:15 AM
Post #399 of 97182 (20636 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
You might be a Brent_e if you suddenly start upping your post count on RC.com, because we are talking about fish. :lol:

:lol: what are you implying?!?

In reply to:
Well, I guess that's a pretty big fish....... I still feel somehow slighted though Confused

seven thousand dollar fish, that one! you wouldn't have minded much, i'm sure.

Best

Brent

Partner brent_e

Jun 22, 2006, 2:18 AM
Post #400 of 97182 (20636 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Brent

Drivel,

Drivel,

Mavalas, driveles, fishing spray. :roll:

Common Brent, lets here about some of the sweet routes you've done lately. :D

i haven't. Sent a fun V3 on sunday. that's about it. not even a route. I haven't tied in, like i said, since april. and that doesn't count cuz it was in a gym.

Brent

First page Previous page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 3888 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook