Forums: Community: Campground:
Klownjaya's sulking thread....
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 3888 Next page Last page  View All

jms

Jun 28, 2006, 1:34 AM
Post #426 of 97182 (20593 views)
Shortcut

Re: You might be a "brent_e". [In reply to]
Report this Post

Ahhh, it's ok brent...come with me to nemo, and that'll even be a WEEKDAY you'll have climbed! But there's no reason to talk about fishing cause there's no water nearby...

Partner brent_e

Jun 28, 2006, 2:55 AM
Post #427 of 97182 (20593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
It is when those hollow rocks start to roll I get disconcerted.

Glad you finally got outside! :robert:

Can you catch a bass with a fly rod?

You might be a Brent_e if you have a climb to do, an attractive woman with you, and you STILL think the fish are the best thing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

not much hollow rock rolling, but some shit falls down.

it was good to get climbing!!! real good. i may do it again sometime.

can I catch bass on a fly, or can normal people do it??? I can't, although i've never tried. normal people likely can.

Brent

Partner brent_e

Jun 28, 2006, 2:58 AM
Post #428 of 97182 (20593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
Ahhh, it's ok brent...come with me to nemo, and that'll even be a WEEKDAY you'll have climbed! But there's no reason to talk about fishing cause there's no water nearby...

well, Jackie, coming out of the woodwork, aren't you?!?! I'm honoured that your first post is in this thread! :lol:

But yeah, weekdays! lol I hope we can get out soon. this weather is crud, though.....

and there really is water nearby....lake ontario. tonnes of fish in there. a lot of good salmon fis.......:!:

never mind

:?

Brent

djnibs

Jun 28, 2006, 3:52 AM
Post #429 of 97182 (20593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

you might be a breat_e ifyou have a tread titled "you might be a brent_e"....

its good to see some fellow ontarians here.... keep up the job work!!!

justthemaid

Jun 28, 2006, 5:07 AM
Post #430 of 97182 (20593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

What the hell have you guys been talking about for 29 pgs? :D

darkside

Jun 28, 2006, 12:22 PM
Post #431 of 97182 (20593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
What the hell have you guys been talking about for 29 pgs? :D
Oh come on..... you didn't read it????? :roll:

evidently it was fishing :evil:

:?: hey that end of all things pic - was it the start of the traverse on pitch three of Knob Hill?

redlegrangerone

Jun 28, 2006, 12:46 PM
Post #432 of 97182 (20593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Let's see......... we have been talking about ice climbing, making ice ax handles, making cars, making cars that don't work, climbing bridges, girlfriends and wives, ............................................................FISH.......................

But mostly we are talking about how to achieve eternal bliss by becming a Brent_e.

granite_grrl

Jun 28, 2006, 4:17 PM
Post #433 of 97182 (20593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
:?: hey that end of all things pic - was it the start of the traverse on pitch three of Knob Hill?

Yes it was! Onsighted it this past weekend,and what a freakn' climb to onsight....had me scared out of my wits! :shock:

But I'd do it all over again. :robert:

darkside

Jun 29, 2006, 2:38 AM
Post #434 of 97182 (20593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Yes it was! Onsighted it this past weekend,and what a freakn' climb to onsight....had me scared out of my wits! :shock:

But I'd do it all over again. :robert:
We never did that climb?? It's such a neat climb. Oh well a great one to onsight for you eh! Now you have to try Knob Heel Direct. It's stiff as 5.9's go and just as exposed. Can you believe I traversed back on the 3rd pitch and re-did the step down because I wanted to change a draw and reduce drag. I had led it about three times previous though so I knew the deal.

I find it scary how I recognize shots like that yet don't remember the gear. :lol:

tradrenn

Jun 29, 2006, 3:19 AM
Post #435 of 97182 (20593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

You must be Brent_e if you are bitching about not having somebody to climb with cause Granite_girl is getting married and then you don't even PM Tradrenn to go climbing ( I did give you an invite, n00b )

You must be Brent_e if you buy a cam from me and then you don't send me money after I delivered it to you ( thanks JMS )

You must be a Brent_e if you are just another wannabe.

EXCUSES, EXCUSES, EXCUSES

redlegrangerone

Jun 29, 2006, 1:07 PM
Post #436 of 97182 (20593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

He would have paid you, but Brent_e caught the $7000 fish on the wrong day. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

granite_grrl

Jun 29, 2006, 2:43 PM
Post #437 of 97182 (20593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
You must be Brent_e if you are b---- about not having somebody to climb with cause Granite_girl is getting married and then you don't even PM Tradrenn to go climbing ( I did give you an invite, n00b )

See, you're confused...Brent has had a ton of opputunities to get out climbing with his pals, weekend trips, after work bouldering, etc. He just can't resist the allure of fishing, building cars, or his (real) girlfriend living 4-5hrs away.

But if it makes you feel any better I'm going away for the next 2.5 weeks to climb and "climb" (*wink wink, nudge nudge*.....damn, its been too long :? ) with Mr. Monkey. Since I won't be around to harass Brent to get out climbing maybe you'd like to take this oppurtunity. Now don't expect him to actually get out climbing, but its worth a shot.

Partner brent_e

Jun 30, 2006, 12:59 AM
Post #438 of 97182 (20593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
you might be a breat_e ifyou have a tread titled "you might be a brent_e"....

its good to see some fellow ontarians here.... keep up the job work!!!

Hi DJnibs!!

welcome to the thread!!! :lol:

just wanted to say thanks for quoting me! sadly it's ripped from another, but still pretty funny!!!

Best

Brent

Partner brent_e

Jun 30, 2006, 2:50 AM
Post #439 of 97182 (20593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

the not-awaited trip report from Bon Echo.....

The whole trip started a couple weeks ago when I told granite_grrl that "we are going away." Thus I committed to some real climbing for the first time this summer.

Rebecca was hoping to get to the Gunks and I was fine with that, but the weather wasn't co-operating. We ended up heading north away from the Death Floods in Binghamton to Bon Echo and Mazinaw Rock!

I got to Rebecca's an "hour early" thinking she would be at least out of bed or in some form of consciousness. Thrawted. She came the the door a few minutes after I knocked, rung, knocked, and pounded in a bath robe (it's ok, Nate, she was decent) rubbing her eyes saying "go away."

An hour later, when I was supposed to arrive, we slipped out the door and headed towards the wonderful congested cespool that we call Toronto. Of course, the traffic was bad as someone didn't leave early enough. *ahem*.....Rebecca..... :P

We got to the dock on Lake Mazinaw and met Chris, our boat driver and pseudo host. A while later, with Jose, Guy, Dwight, and a couple other climbers in the boat, we left for the ACC Hut.

Now, if you haven't been to the ACC Hut, let me say this: it's amazing. There is no place that I have climbed and ate and talked and had refreshing drinks all while sleeping in a tent such as this. Beautiful.

Friday night we ate some pasta a la me, which was a simple cream sauce with penne, veg, bacon, and chicken. I was reasonably happy how it turned out, but it could have been a bit better. :lol:

Saturday:
We got up at a reasonable hour and at some porridge. After getting some gear ready, we hopped in the boat and I got antsy that I would actually have to get on some rock and be exposed. Rebecca happened to mention that this place would "scare the crap out of you; it's exposed and the gear is bad." I thought how great this was as I love exposure and falling to my death. Just great! Anyhow, we got dropped off near the base of Vertigenous (5.5) and walked the talus to the cliff. I actually got to lead the first pitch as Rebecca wanted to do direct route on the second, which is 5.7. Well, I got off route! :lol: The rock is strange up there and my route finding skillz suck, so I screwed around climbing what felt harder than 5.5 to the first belay. It felt awesome to get up on rock and finally plug some gear. Rebecca arrived, climbed through, and fired through the direct route on top! Following it felt awesome, too! I don't remember particulars, but the exposure was pulling and the moves were interesting and fun. I have a feeling that pitch 2 started by climbing a cedar to some less overhung rock.

Rose Tattoo(5.6) was the second route. Now, I don't remember a lot about this route, but Rebecca led it and finished on Old Faithful (5.7/5.8).

Then Rebecca and I had an Afternoon Delight.....(5.4). I led this route, but right now the particulars evade my memory. Maybe Rebecca can chime in after her vacation.

318 (5.7) was next. Apparently 318 is the appartment number in Toronto of the people who got the FA. Pitch 1, at about 5.5, was mine to lead. It took me up a ramp which at one point left me about 20 feet above my last piece. Now, I don't usually run it out; I buy tonnes of gear to avoid this. I had to, though, and even on this easy route, it scared me a bit! Of course, i got off route again and tried to traverse this impossible bit above a little blue TCU. With some help from Rebecca I found the belay 15 feet to my left. Rebecca climbed throught and linked the last 2 pitches with one 5.8 move on simply amazing rock. It was a fantastic little climb!

Saturday night we got picked up by the boat at 7 and went for supper. Most everyone was in the Hut already. Rebecca made a wonderful curry and we drank Baileys, beer, and wine until the wee hours. After a brief stink of co-ed sauna nudity (which I wasn't involved in), we slipped to bed.

Sunday we woke up at TEN THIRTY OH GOD. It was late. But a huge breakfast of asparagus+bacon+onion+pepper+feta+eggs seemed to cheer us up! :D We headed to Knob Hill (5.7). What a climb. Rebecca led every bit, as I was scared and she wanted to onsite. She did onstie, too!!! P1 scared the hell out of Rebecca (me too). There was groundfall potention for the leader for a while and exposure to jagged flesh eating rocks - a fall here would leave you mangled in your skull area. P2 had difficulties right off the belay and some tough climbing past a bolt to a HUGE cave. When I got the cave the climb got fun! We hung out for a few and Rebecca set off to "The End of All Things." You crawl out of the cave over an exposed 8m pin-protected traverse to a stenuous exit move to SWEET easy climbing. It was a beautiful lead by Mrs. Choss and was excellent to climb, too! The crux move was a weird move from a small chimney with a huge high step. Just superb.

We got down (haha....:shock:)... and headed home due to lateness of the day.

in conclusion, Bon Echo kicks butt. If you live in Ontario I don't know why you wouldn't want to go. The people are amazing - Kit, Rob, Sue, Janet, Jose, Guy, Dwight, and Chris are all top notch and interesting individuals and I thank them for their company. The climbing there will make you climb better when things aren't run out, sketched out, exposed out, and strung out. The scenery is perfect and Lake Mazinaw is a great place to swim between climbs. Don't mind the tourons and tourboats!!!

Thanks, of course, to Rebecca. It was nice laughing with you all weekend and you didn't stink too much.

Thanks all for reading!!!
sorry it's so long and possibly boring!

:D

Brent

darkside

Jun 30, 2006, 11:15 AM
Post #440 of 97182 (20593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

You might be a Brent_E if you remember details of fishing but not of climbing. :lol:

Brent, that was not boring or long. What it was, was a joy to read about you getting out, climbing, and having fun. Try doing it more often dude. nice going.

Partner brent_e

Jun 30, 2006, 3:11 PM
Post #441 of 97182 (20593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
You might be a Brent_E if you remember details of fishing but not of climbing. :lol:

Brent, that was not boring or long. What it was, was a joy to read about you getting out, climbing, and having fun. Try doing it more often dude. nice going.

awww, shucks, Grant. Thanks! I might actually climb this weekend, if Val lets me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have you been to kingston mills???

talk soon

Brent

redlegrangerone

Jun 30, 2006, 3:52 PM
Post #442 of 97182 (20593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Brent_e actually went out and climbed rock!!!!!!!!!!

This fun thread is sure to die now. :lol: :lol:

caughtinside

Jun 30, 2006, 4:57 PM
Post #443 of 97182 (20593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Well done brent!

You might be a 'brent_e' if you can get a 30 page thread about you without having to take a 160 foot whippper.

Partner brent_e

Jul 2, 2006, 1:23 AM
Post #444 of 97182 (20593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
Well done brent!

You might be a 'brent_e' if you can get a 30 page thread about you without having to take a 160 foot whippper.

in that case i'd have to thank you, too, as you've contributed a lot. It's a good little chat thread and it's nice to see all these people whom i've met and not met participate! it's been a lot of fun, often at my expense!!! :lol:

keep it up!

Brent

Partner brent_e

Jul 2, 2006, 3:11 AM
Post #445 of 97182 (20593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Brent_e actually went out and climbed rock!!!!!!!!!!

This fun thread is sure to die now. :lol: :lol:

No way, Red!

chossmonkey

Jul 2, 2006, 3:43 PM
Post #446 of 97182 (20593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
Oh, and Nate.... Dunno if you've heard about the sauna at BE, but it was great!!!!

Hmmm...... :?

I guess I know about as much as you do since neither of us have actually been in it.

Though I guess I have the excuse of never being to B.E.

I heard you were too em barassed. :lol:

Even if you would have been able to brave the nudity I think the hot tub here will be a LOT better for me than the sauna would have been for you, if you know what I mean. :wink:

chossmonkey

Jul 2, 2006, 3:47 PM
Post #447 of 97182 (20593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
Woot! Brent and I are actually going climbing this weekend! We were planning on heading to the Gunks....but the weather looks like crap. So we disscussed the Daks, but I think that we're heading to Bon Echo :P.

But, oh! I wish we could have headed to the Gunks, taken advantage of some of the longest days of the summer. Stupid rain.
You might be a Brent_E if you are strangely silent when the real possibility of actually climbing exists.

Enjoy BE.

odd, isn't it. I just got home 45 minutes ago. good trip. Bon Echo is scary as hell! :lol: It makes the Gunks look a lot less spooky, though.

look for a trip report with some pictures soon.

Oh, and Nate.... Dunno if you've heard about the sauna at BE, but it was great!!!!

Brent
Oh oh!!! Did Brent_E get naked with Mrs Choss?? Naked saunas and skinny dipping at BE are common activities, amongst other activities :shock:

:roll:

Brent get naked in front of someone else, pahhhhleeze!

When Brent "Makes love" its not his girlfrinend that makes him keep the lights off. :P

chossmonkey

Jul 2, 2006, 3:52 PM
Post #448 of 97182 (20593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
Let's hear it for everyone who brent_e'ed this weekend, w00t!

You climbing this weekend? 'Cause I climb on weekends! hell yeah!

:shock:

Here I thought I was being a REALLY good Brent_E this last week, working away, far too busy to climb.

:cry:

Thankfully I've got to Brent_E the last two days. :D

chossmonkey

Jul 2, 2006, 4:04 PM
Post #449 of 97182 (20593 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
By the way............... were there any FISH in that water? :lol: :lol: :lol: :robert:

LOL

i honestly should have brought some fishing gear! Bass season opened on saturday up here and all we had to do after about 7PM was drink. Jeez, it was terrible. Drink, chat, eat. I was in agony. There were all these smallmouth, i'm sure, just sitting with their bellies on the rock waiting to eat!!

But re: your above post. Rebecca must have thought her camera was too heavy, as she never used it. So, no shots of me actually climbing. BUT, there is that one shot of us at the belay cave.....that's good, isn't it???

Brent

:roll:

Oh Brent, what are we going to do with you? You and your damn fish!

Kiss my bass!

You could have taken pictures of yourself climbing. I've done it lots of times on lead. :shock:

chossmonkey

Jul 2, 2006, 4:09 PM
Post #450 of 97182 (20582 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
You think he would have just enjoyed the climbing :roll:

stop being a booger. The climbing was great and you know I thought that!

The exposure up there was amazing and the moves were really cool! But it's disconcerting to tap a 300lb rock and hear it hollow.... :shock:

Brent

I find it more disconcerning to have it move. :shock:

Ice climbing has helped me a lot with dealing with less than perfect rock. For some reason when Frank and I were climbing together I somehow ended up with all the chossy pitches. :?

:lol:

First page Previous page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 3888 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook