Forums: Community: Campground:
Klownjaya's sulking thread....
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 3888 Next page Last page  View All

Partner brent_e

Jul 7, 2006, 3:38 AM
Post #476 of 97182 (20470 views)
Shortcut

Re: You might be a "brent_e". [In reply to]
Report this Post

In reply to:

Thanks for mailing the mo.

no prob, dude. it was about time.

Brent

chossmonkey

Jul 9, 2006, 6:29 PM
Post #477 of 97182 (20470 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
sweet! Yosemite....man, someday i will get there! someday! I wonder if i could somehow work that for a honeymoon?!?!? :lol:

:wtf:

Honeymoon?!?!?!?!

Why would you want to wreck a trip to Yosemite with a honeymoon? :roll:

chossmonkey

Jul 9, 2006, 6:36 PM
Post #478 of 97182 (20470 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

If you are missing out on THIS, you might be a Brent_E. :lol:

Partner brent_e

Jul 9, 2006, 8:12 PM
Post #479 of 97182 (20473 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

http://i.pbase.com/...3216276.MrzMtfjw.jpg

:lol: :lol:

is that coming out or going in?

calvin's good. fed him today. We got two kittens, too, but we might take them back as my parents aren't too happy about it. We'll see.

I actually got out climbing yesterday with JMS, aka, jackie! She led on gear and did a really fantastic job! :D

Brent

caughtinside

Jul 9, 2006, 10:52 PM
Post #480 of 97182 (20473 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I like it on top.

heh. Nice.

It sounds like everyone here got out climbing. chossmonkey, granite_grrrl, brent_e, JMS, and caughtinside. Good work team!

chossmonkey

Jul 9, 2006, 10:54 PM
Post #481 of 97182 (20473 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

I think it was lodged at that point. :shock:

caughtinside

Jul 9, 2006, 11:00 PM
Post #482 of 97182 (20473 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

It was a one in a million shot, doc! :P

chossmonkey

Jul 9, 2006, 11:08 PM
Post #483 of 97182 (20473 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

Most people believe that the reason nobody parachutes onto the top anymore is because it is illegal. This post is the real reason. :lol:

Partner brent_e

Jul 10, 2006, 3:03 AM
Post #484 of 97182 (20473 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

Most people believe that the reason nobody parachutes onto the top anymore is because it is illegal. This post is the real reason. :lol:

:lol:

nice shot. your expression is rather priceless.

so how's shit going, Nate? You getting pumped to swing ice tools again???

Brent

chossmonkey

Jul 10, 2006, 11:16 PM
Post #485 of 97182 (20473 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
nice shot. your expression is rather priceless.

so how's s--- going, Nate? You getting pumped to swing ice tools again???

Yes the shirt and the expression really do make the pic.

Shits been going good. Rebecca has been ripping it up out here. She's surprised me more than a few times. :righton:

Today she did her first non-Meadows finish to the top of the Tower. Her first West Face route on the Tower. On top of all that, today we did her first First Ascent. My first F.A. was on a scrappy pile of choss where nobody else climbs. How does that work:?

chossmonkey

Jul 10, 2006, 11:22 PM
Post #486 of 97182 (20473 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:

Oh, and ice would be nice. I froze my ass off this today on two of the three belays. Climbing was quite comfortable though. The damn wind picked up as we got higher and I only had shorts and a T-shirt. I could have put on my shell, but I would have only probably ripped more holes in it. So I trained for ice. :lol:

darkside

Jul 11, 2006, 4:19 AM
Post #487 of 97182 (20473 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
I like it on top.

heh. Nice.

It sounds like everyone here got out climbing. chossmonkey, granite_grrrl, brent_e, JMS, and caughtinside. Good work team!
Hey what am I....? an old school Brent_E? :evil:

I'll have you know I climbed both days despite getting in from a night in Stampede Town after 3am. OK I was tired as hell Sunday but I still checked out a new crag. :) How's that for teamwork?

darkside

Jul 11, 2006, 4:46 AM
Post #488 of 97182 (20473 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Oh, and ice would be nice. I froze my ass off this today on two of the three belays. Climbing was quite comfortable though. The damn wind picked up as we got higher and I only had shorts and a T-shirt. I could have put on my shell, but I would have only probably ripped more holes in it. So I trained for ice. :lol:
I think I'll pull out the tools in September. Apparently the snow will be gone by then and the alpine ice will be ready to go. The waterfall ice should be forming a couple of months after that.

So....ooooooo Nathan, Rebecca, when are you moving to Calgary?

granite_grrl

Jul 11, 2006, 3:42 PM
Post #489 of 97182 (20473 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
So....ooooooo Nathan, Rebecca, when are you moving to Calgary?

As soon as I can find work out there....it really shouldn't be that difficult, but I guess I haven't been trying all that hard (esp with being on vacation right now). I have posted my resume on Monster and Workopolis but it seems that only recruiters from Ontario are inerested, and I think its about time to get out of freakn' Ontario.

Partner brent_e

Jul 12, 2006, 1:03 AM
Post #490 of 97182 (20473 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

nate and rebecca!
good job on the FA!!!! that's wicked! what's it like??? :lol: That was crap when you ripped your shell. Especially where we were! Not great ice and a ripped shell is a downer! But, battle scars, right? a little sewing and some shoe goo will clear that right up.

I just want to say it'll be a sad day when you two leave. I have to tell you that I'm grateful that I had the chance to get to know you.

Have fun!!! :D

Brent

Partner brent_e

Jul 17, 2006, 9:25 PM
Post #491 of 97182 (20473 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Hey everybody,
Been quiet here and I don't want this thread to die! seems like once I went climbing no one had anything to make fun of me about. Except for my big ears, odd collection of nuts, lack of credibility, and poor sense of humour. What are you peoples up to? what have you been climbing/doing/seeing?

Best

Brent

caughtinside

Jul 17, 2006, 9:59 PM
Post #492 of 97182 (20473 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Greetings Brent! Way to keep the chat alive.

I was climbing all weekend, did some good stuff. Hung out with some friends, and ran into a ton of people I knew up at Lover's Leap. I was also briefly in a Conga line when the wedding reception spilled out of the hall and into the bar, where I was chillin' on Saturday evening.

Are you sure you want to discuss your odd collection of nuts in this forum? This is a family site!

Partner brent_e

Jul 18, 2006, 4:16 AM
Post #493 of 97182 (20473 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
Greetings Brent! Way to keep the chat alive.

I was climbing all weekend, did some good stuff. Hung out with some friends, and ran into a ton of people I knew up at Lover's Leap. I was also briefly in a Conga line when the wedding reception spilled out of the hall and into the bar, where I was chillin' on Saturday evening.

Are you sure you want to discuss your odd collection of nuts in this forum? This is a family site!

CIS,

way to keep it alive to you too!

lover's leap, eh? true that they named it after a couple people .....lept? kinda hillarious that you were in a random conga! you see that simpsons ep. where homer has the cattle prod with the conga line?
"conga conga conga. conga like you mean it. please don't make me shock you." yeah??? no????

family site??? this is community! this is like the arsehole of the armpit of rc.com. this is where....darkside hangs out...... :shock:

take care!!!

Brent

darkside

Jul 18, 2006, 11:44 AM
Post #494 of 97182 (20473 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
family site??? this is community! this is like the arsehole of the armpit of rc.com. this is where....darkside hangs out...... :shock:

:evil: :wtf: :evil:
Take that back, I resemble that remark........ :?

Hey I'll have you know that I was busy climbing this weekend too. Now I ache like a SOB.... all over. We did Brewer Buttress on Castle Mountain
http://www.peakfinder.com/peakpics/castlemtn.jpg
The mountain is around 9000ft with the route being on the upper rampart at 390m (roughly 1200ft). The approach is probably 4-5km and involves 4th class to easy 5th class scrambling in the last km for a total vertical gain of about 4000ft valley to summit. The route has 13 pitches although some can be linked and I lead them all. Then the descent is a challenge in itself, especially when the approach scrambling ends up being in the dark.

Nathan, Rebecca, worth considering and staying at the hut for an early start, once you are out here. Unfortunately after a little loose rock on the first two pitches, the climbing gets pretty un-chossy and has a lot of good climbing including some pretty impressive exposure; I'm not sure how much a chossmonkey likes exposed reasonable quality limestone :lol:
If it makes you feel any better there is loose rock on most ledges and it is one of the more memorable climbs in the area.
Despite the aches, I'd have to give this past weekend :righton: :righton:

Now to get the thread back on track......
You might be a Brent_E if you'd climb Brewer Buttress on Castle just because you can find something swimming in the water up there :wink:

Keep this family thread on track...... I never mentioned f***ing. :boring:

Partner brent_e

Jul 18, 2006, 2:16 PM
Post #495 of 97182 (20473 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

:evil: :wtf: :evil:
Take that back, I resemble that remark........ :?

i know you resemble it.....that's why i said it!!!

In reply to:
Hey I'll have you know that I was busy climbing this weekend too. Now I ache like a SOB.... all over. We did Brewer Buttress on Castle Mountain
The mountain is around 9000ft with the route being on the upper rampart at 390m (roughly 1200ft). The approach is probably 4-5km and involves 4th class to easy 5th class scrambling in the last km for a total vertical gain of about 4000ft valley to summit. The route has 13 pitches although some can be linked and I lead them all. Then the descent is a challenge in itself, especially when the approach scrambling ends up being in the dark.

Nathan, Rebecca, worth considering and staying at the hut for an early start, once you are out here. Unfortunately after a little loose rock on the first two pitches, the climbing gets pretty un-chossy and has a lot of good climbing including some pretty impressive exposure; I'm not sure how much a chossmonkey likes exposed reasonable quality limestone :lol:
If it makes you feel any better there is loose rock on most ledges and it is one of the more memorable climbs in the area.

You might be a Brent_E if you'd climb Brewer Buttress on Castle just because you can find something swimming in the water up there :wink:

Nice TR on the climb, Grant! Awesome picture and sounds/looks like a wicked place to climb. What's the route rated???

And yeah, i'd bring a travel fishing rod up with me if there were some fish to catch!!!

Best

Brent

Keep this family thread on track...... I never mentioned f***ing. :boring:

darkside

Jul 18, 2006, 6:06 PM
Post #496 of 97182 (20473 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
Nice TR on the climb, Grant! Awesome picture and sounds/looks like a wicked place to climb. What's the route rated???

And yeah, i'd bring a travel fishing rod up with me if there were some fish to catch!!!
Well for such a steep looking mountain with impressive walls, Brewer Buttress goes at a moderate 5.6 Alpine II.
As for the fishing, it's less of a rod you need so much as a net to catch the tiny shrimp things that were swimming in the water you fill your drinking bottles with. A filter would have been nice but boiling does the trick too. We did find several of the "shrimp things" in there but no idea what they were, half the size of a grain of rice and swimming. As I said, I never mentioned f***ing, just things swimming :P

And the outhouse....... just three short open walls, no roof, and anyone on the trans canada highway can see you with really high powered binoculars, :shock: and a 1000ft drop just a few feet in front of you, Banff visible to the east and Lake Louise to the west and Vermillion Pass in front leading to B.C. It has to be one of the best sh1tters with an unsh1tty view. :mrgreen:

And the descent gulley....... still had a few snow patches in there :roll:

granite_grrl

Jul 18, 2006, 6:56 PM
Post #497 of 97182 (20473 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:

Grant, looks yummy. Not sure how Nathan feels about alpine stuff, but I think I could turn him around :twisted: . Heck, he may even have to break out the hexes once we get out there :shock:.

jumpingrock

Jul 18, 2006, 7:07 PM
Post #498 of 97182 (20473 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Kudos to grant for leading the whole thing. I would have lead had he asked, but instead ended up porting his backback and heavy as hell hiking boots up the entire thing. Over all an excellent route. A bit chossy to start but definitely a classic route beyond that. Has a little bit of everything, chimneys, laybacks, jam cracks, face moves, exposure and amazing views.

The hut has one excellent shitter.

Partner macherry

Jul 19, 2006, 1:38 AM
Post #499 of 97182 (20511 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
Kudos to grant for leading the whole thing. I would have lead had he asked, but instead ended up porting his backback and heavy as hell hiking boots up the entire thing. Over all an excellent route. A bit chossy to start but definitely a classic route beyond that. Has a little bit of everything, chimneys, laybacks, jam cracks, face moves, exposure and amazing views.

The hut has one excellent s---.

not been up to that hut ,i can't make any comparisons, but the toilet at the kain hut...........what a view!!!!!!!!

Partner brent_e

Jul 19, 2006, 12:15 PM
Post #500 of 97182 (20507 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Well for such a steep looking mountain with impressive walls, Brewer Buttress goes at a moderate 5.6 Alpine II.
As for the fishing, it's less of a rod you need so much as a net to catch the tiny shrimp things that were swimming in the water you fill your drinking bottles with. A filter would have been nice but boiling does the trick too. We did find several of the "shrimp things" in there but no idea what they were, half the size of a grain of rice and swimming. As I said, I never mentioned f***ing, just things swimming :P

grade II and 5.6 would be stellar. I wish we had something like that closer to here.....but, alas...

and the shrimp were likely what you call a "scud." I think they are more of a bug that a crustation, though. Boil em and get the extra protein! :lol:

In reply to:
And the outhouse....... just three short open walls, no roof, and anyone on the trans canada highway can see you with really high powered binoculars, :shock: and a 1000ft drop just a few feet in front of you, Banff visible to the east and Lake Louise to the west and Vermillion Pass in front leading to B.C. It has to be one of the best sh1tters with an unsh1tty view. :mrgreen:

And the descent gulley....... still had a few snow patches in there :roll:

the outhouse sounds nice. :lol: 3 walls is better than taking a crap with the wind biting your arse.

still had snow, eh? did you bring your tobaggan?

Brent

First page Previous page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 3888 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook