Premier Sponsor:

climber_girl

Sep 20, 2001, 3:43 AM
Post #1 of 14 (2006 views)
Shortcut

Girls pants
Report this Post
Can't Post

Well I am not sure if you have this store down there but I get my Pants form MEC(Mountain Equipment Co-Op) Its in Canada but I am not sure if its in the US. Neways they are are Mec Rad Pants and they have a little cuff at the bottom that stops bugs and stuff from going up your legs and they make kids up to adult, they have xs if you needed. Just thought I would tell you my slice of the cake!

climberchk

Sep 20, 2001, 5:27 AM
Post #2 of 14 (2006 views)
Shortcut

Girls pants [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

If you want the cuttest pants ever go to "Limited Too" or "Bananna Republic" their clothes are so comfy and cozy and... but for climbing, the Prana swami knickers are perfect! Basically anything else that's prana rocks too!

vaness

Sep 21, 2001, 1:16 AM
Post #3 of 14 (2006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

you know those stretchy black pants that like every "trendy" girl in the world wears? they are like flares. if you cut them like 4 inches under the knee and then sew them up a few inches then they are really comfey and easy to move in. thats what i did.

case22

Sep 21, 2001, 11:07 PM
Post #4 of 14 (2006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I love Prana, but even their size small is too big for someone our size! Plus, where I normally shop, they don't have size xs. So, I usualy just buy the small drawstring waist and cinch them up really tight. I don't like to climb in capri pants or pants, but I like to where them to the crag. I climb in shorts as long as it's above 45 degrees outside. So, it's not too hard to get shorts in our size.

johnnybravo

Sep 23, 2001, 2:27 PM
Post #5 of 14 (2006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yeah.. cool.. don't wear any pants!!

metoliusmunchkin

Sep 23, 2001, 4:14 PM
Post #6 of 14 (2006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sorry, but I'm with those guys!!!

climberchk

Sep 24, 2001, 9:14 PM
Post #7 of 14 (2006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

...and then there are those of us who do like to wear pants... ugh, men

[ This Message was edited by: climberchk on 2001-09-24 14:38 ]

fiend

Sep 24, 2001, 11:22 PM
Post #8 of 14 (2006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Warning!
Link contains nudity, although not sexual in nature some may find it innapropriate and should avoid viewing it.

http://www.climbxmedia.com

Gallery 11

You don't need pants to climb

daisuke

Sep 25, 2001, 5:15 AM
Post #9 of 14 (2006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

those are good pictures! one of my climbing friends is actually taking a photography course, I doubt I'll do any poses though.

I wonder whether climbing naked is more uncomfortable for men or women

D

rck_climber

Sep 25, 2001, 5:25 AM
Post #10 of 14 (2006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Will neither confirm nor deny why I know this, but I can tell you that it just takes a little more attention to detail and being a little more careful when men climb naked, but it certainly can be and has been done.
Mick

climberchk

Sep 25, 2001, 5:39 AM
Post #11 of 14 (2006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm confused... How did this forum go from helping other female climbers needs to climbing nudity??? Personally I do find it hard to find climbing pants.

fiend

Sep 26, 2001, 2:02 AM
Post #12 of 14 (2006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

What specific features would the girls here like in a climbing pant?

I am going to start looking into making some climbing clothing soon and would love any input on features you would like.

One of the things I want to include is the seamless crotch, similar to the prana diamond crotch design. Used originally for mountain biking I think, it reduces irritation from having seams rubbing in bad places.

What about the rest of the pants? soft and stretchy? tough? just over the knee cap? mid calf length? tight? baggy? pockets? colors? patterns?

case22

Sep 26, 2001, 2:09 AM
Post #13 of 14 (2006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I myself can't stand to have 'half' pants. If I want shorts, I'll wear them, but when I want pants, that's what I want. So, I would want long pants. The seamless crotch idea is great. I love my Prana pants, but they're a little too big. Also, it doesn't matter what color they are. My khaki ones show the dirt and not the chalk and my dark ones show the chalk, not the dirt. Any color would be good, as long as it's not hot pink or something like that! Pockets are always a bonus. Soft is a good thing, tough clothes aren't fun to climb in, and they can't be too binding. So, a little stretch is also good. Plus, I don't like my pants to be too tight, unless they are that stretch material. But even then, I'll pick baggy over tight pants. I hope I helped you some!! It's hard for me to find pants that I like, so I'm always up for new styles!

climberchk

Sep 26, 2001, 6:33 AM
Post #14 of 14 (2006 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

If they are purple and have a pocket for your lip gloss, I'd take two pair. Oh so often my lip gloss gets all chalky(I resort to putting it in my chalk bag) and is thus harder to twist open. But with a built in pocket, I wouldn't have to put it in my chalk bag.

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook