Forums: Community: Campground:
Klownjaya's sulking thread....
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 3888 Next page Last page  View All

chossmonkey

Aug 22, 2006, 2:21 AM
Post #576 of 97182 (20393 views)
Shortcut

Re: You might be a "brent_e". [In reply to]
Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Honestly, I thought you pinched a finger or toe with a pick. :lol:

nah, i was just happy.

And it could have been when you tripped! :lol: that was pretty funny, though. I looked down and was like.... :wtf: :lol:

my head is freakin sore from where i got hit. SORE!!!

it hurts to chew!!

Brent

Maybe you need one of these. :lol:

http://www.grivel.com/.../img_dettaglio/2.jpg

chossmonkey

Aug 22, 2006, 2:34 AM
Post #577 of 97182 (20393 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

RIPPED FROM ANOTHER THREAD:

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
Valdez, AK

Long routes, short approaches and few people. Its not as hard or expensive to get to as people think.

Valdez is way high on the list of places we REALLY want to visit. Sadly it may be a lot longer because of my wife's accident. Someday though.

man, that would be awesome. We should start smaller and go to nipigon, though!

If you make empty threats about going on climbing trips, you might be a brent_e. :lol:

caughtinside

Aug 22, 2006, 4:15 AM
Post #578 of 97182 (20393 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
Valdez, AK

Long routes, short approaches and few people. Its not as hard or expensive to get to as people think.

Valdez is way high on the list of places we REALLY want to visit. Sadly it may be a lot longer because of my wife's accident. Someday though.

If you make empty threats about going on climbing trips, you might be a brent_e. :lol:

If a super sweet climbing trip is destined to take a backseat to fishing, automotive repair, and a young woman named Val, you just might be a brent_e!

but good work on this pipeline. :robert:

Partner brent_e

Aug 22, 2006, 11:49 AM
Post #579 of 97182 (20393 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
Valdez, AK

If a super sweet climbing trip is destined to take a backseat to fishing, automotive repair, and a young woman named Val, you just might be a brent_e!

but good work on this pipeline. :robert:

thanks caughtinside. It was nice to send.....but, on another note....YOU BASTARD!!!

:lol:

i'd like to go this winter sometime....somewhere. We'll see how much mulla i have.

and yeah, that hockey helmet by grivel might be nice. I should wear it all the time, though. climbing or not.

Brent

chossmonkey

Aug 22, 2006, 12:47 PM
Post #580 of 97182 (20393 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
i'd like to go this winter sometime....somewhere. We'll see how much mulla i have.

If you like to get back in shape at a destination crag, you might be a brent_e. :twisted:

The thing is, you need to be in shape when you go off spending money traveling to far off places.

If you only get out climbing once this next winter going somewhere else probably isn't a good idea.

Make a pledge Brent. Promise yourself that you will MAKE time to get out and go climbing on a regular basis. And that doesn't mean twice a month. You should average at LEAST once a week not counting trips away to pad your average.

You've been doing good this last week or so. Keep it up! I'm in dire need of a :robert: partner. Chances are I'd be willing to subsidize trips with this said partner. Not so much for them, but for my own personal gain. :twisted:

Partner brent_e

Aug 22, 2006, 3:32 PM
Post #581 of 97182 (20393 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:

If you like to get back in shape at a destination crag, you might be a brent_e. :twisted:

Ha! screw that!

In reply to:
The thing is, you need to be in shape when you go off spending money traveling to far off places.

like grant said...round is a shape! I prefer to climb off the couch. From one comfortable thing to another!

In reply to:
If you only get out climbing once this next winter going somewhere else probably isn't a good idea.

I disagree. I think if I'm going to go I may as well make it spectacular!

In reply to:
Make a pledge Brent. Promise yourself that you will MAKE time to get out and go climbing on a regular basis. And that doesn't mean twice a month. You should average at LEAST once a week not counting trips away to pad your average.

I'll likely climb once a week or more, but it may be in the gym. The nice thing is, now that I know some ice routes in the area it won't take me long to go run laps on them. But does that count? I think it may!

In reply to:
You've been doing good this last week or so. Keep it up! I'm in dire need of a :robert: partner. Chances are I'd be willing to subsidize trips with this said partner. Not so much for them, but for my own personal gain. :twisted:

Thanks, Nate. it's been pretty easy with no one bugging me to do shit at a certain place and time. :lol: a :robert: partner??? you sure I fit that bill? :lol: :lol: if we go somewhere, we have to hit diamond lake. AND we have to try that line in kingston. I'm willing to go. I'll just have to take some more weekends off and MAKE SURE I GET MY SCHOOLWORK DONE. I can't have another year like last year or i'm finished. I'd like to get educated!!!

talk with you soon, Nate.

Brent

darkside

Aug 22, 2006, 3:39 PM
Post #582 of 97182 (20393 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

You know Nipple-gone has some pretty good ice but the Canadian Rockies is where it's at :twisted:

Feel free to call me whenever you get the inclination to do something good. :D

chossmonkey

Aug 23, 2006, 1:03 AM
Post #583 of 97182 (20393 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
You know Nipple-gone has some pretty good ice but the Canadian Rockies is where it's at :twisted:

Are you buying plane tickets for us. :D

Partner brent_e

Aug 23, 2006, 3:11 AM
Post #584 of 97182 (20393 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

sweet!! free plane tickets!!!

ding ding ding ding!!!

Brent

chossmonkey

Aug 23, 2006, 3:14 AM
Post #585 of 97182 (20393 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

sweet!! free plane tickets!!!

ding ding ding ding!!!

Brent

By us I meant Bec and I.

Like you would have time to go way out west. :roll:

darkside

Aug 23, 2006, 3:38 AM
Post #586 of 97182 (20393 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

:lol: :lol:
You might be a Brent_E if someone could offer you a free plane ticket safe in the knowledge that the offer would never be used.

..... as for GG and Choss, well I could most certainly offer a free ride in whatever vehicle I drive when the time comes. Beyond that, I'm open to bribery :twisted:

darkside

Aug 23, 2006, 3:58 AM
Post #587 of 97182 (20393 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

.....erm did I mention that was from the airport here in Calgary??????

:roll:

Partner brent_e

Aug 24, 2006, 1:31 AM
Post #588 of 97182 (20393 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
You might be a Brent_E if someone could offer you a free plane ticket safe in the knowledge that the offer would never be used.

..... as for GG and Choss, well I could most certainly offer a free ride in whatever vehicle I drive when the time comes. Beyond that, I'm open to bribery :twisted:

shitter, it may be true!

but hey, i might have some time off school til january!!!

?????

Brent

chossmonkey

Aug 24, 2006, 2:29 AM
Post #589 of 97182 (20393 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:

Don't tease!

Though ice season will just be really getting going at the beginning of Jan. Unless its like last year. January was the intermission in the ice season. :lol:

Even so, fall is probably the best time of year for climbing rock around here. I still want to try the Monument this year! :D

Partner brent_e

Aug 24, 2006, 3:40 AM
Post #590 of 97182 (20393 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Don't tease!

Though ice season will just be really getting going at the beginning of Jan. Unless its like last year. January was the intermission in the ice season. :lol:

Even so, fall is probably the best time of year for climbing rock around here. I still want to try the Monument this year! :D

i don't yet know what i'm going to do. if i pursue geology, i would likely start in sept, but I could take the semester off to make my decision. Not sure yet. there is obvious pressure from my dad......kind of a pain at 22 to have that (end vent)

on another note, i might actually climb some granite on friday!!! while val and a friend were making lunch plans for me and val's friends husband, i asked him if he rock climbed!!! he said yes, i said i'd take him out!!!

SWEET!!!

he seems mad strong but i don't know how technical her is!! we'll see.

i'll post some pics if i happens...

oh....and i went to mec today (didn't see any catalogs for rock shite, nate - sorry). well, they have tonnes of ice screw ups, and I bought half a set of double ropes!!!

maybe the other one in time for ice season.

Brent

chossmonkey

Aug 24, 2006, 3:54 AM
Post #591 of 97182 (20393 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
i don't yet know what i'm going to do. if i pursue geology, i would likely start in sept, but I could take the semester off to make my decision. Not sure yet.
Geology sounds cool. I'd do that. You can go climbing in the name of studying! :D

In reply to:
there is obvious pressure from my dad......kind of a pain at 22 to have that (end vent)

You need to tell him to piss off. But nicer than that. If you don't you'll be 40 something with two kids and he will still be running your life. :evil:

In reply to:
he seems mad strong but i don't know how technical he is!!
sounds a lot like our brent_e! :lol:

In reply to:
i'll post some pics if i happens...
If what happens? :shock: http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/1/1_4_85.gif

In reply to:
oh....and i went to mec today (didn't see any catalogs for rock s---, nate - sorry). well, they have tonnes of ice screw ups, and I bought half a set of double ropes!!!

Half a set huh? :roll:

Did they have glue-ins? I only have 5. It would be good to get some of those triplex bolts too.

Did you ask if they had any?

caughtinside

Aug 24, 2006, 7:36 AM
Post #592 of 97182 (20393 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

you might be caughtinside if you went to see snakes on a plane at the drive in, got loaded, and posted up to rc in the flame brent_e thread!

w00t!

:robert:

Partner brent_e

Aug 24, 2006, 4:45 PM
Post #593 of 97182 (20393 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
you might be caughtinside if you went to see snakes on a plane at the drive in, got loaded, and posted up to rc in the flame brent_e thread!

w00t!

was the movie any good???

how you been??

Partner brent_e

Aug 24, 2006, 4:50 PM
Post #594 of 97182 (20393 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
Geology sounds cool. I'd do that. You can go climbing in the name of studying! :D

it's an envi science. If i got it I could end up doing stuff for governement or working with civil eng peoples to plan stuff.

In reply to:

You need to tell him to piss off. But nicer than that. If you don't you'll be 40 something with two kids and he will still be running your life. :evil:

He's pretty good when i'm not living in his house. But as soon as i am ....well...

In reply to:
sounds a lot like our brent_e! :lol:

dunno if that's a compliment or not, but i'll say thanks!!

In reply to:
If what happens? :shock: http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/1/1_4_85.gif

so that's where you put it!

In reply to:
Half a set huh? :roll:

only need 1 right now to rap a route. I didn't want to buy a 7mm tagline. Although it would have been cheaper it wouldn't get used that much. I didn't want to bring the 10mil i have and drag that up the climb. I figured I'd be getting doulbes sometime anyway, so i'll save some cash for the next one before ice season comes.

In reply to:
Did they have glue-ins? I only have 5. It would be good to get some of those triplex bolts too.

Did you ask if they had any?

I didn't even look, Nate. I was in a hurry to get the hell out of there as I wanted to beat some of the traffic. If you really want, i can stop on the way home, but that will cut into the time i can help you move.

Brent

caughtinside

Aug 24, 2006, 5:34 PM
Post #595 of 97182 (20393 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

w00t!

was the movie any good???

how you been??

Of course it wasn't good! but it was a lot of fun! I went with a group to the drive in, and watched it in a folding chair with a cooler of beer.

I been ok, but I've been injury prone lately. Damaged my hand kayaking, and then wrecked a mountain bike a couple weeks later. I really should just stick to the climbing!

Do you ever get hurt fishing?

Partner brent_e

Aug 25, 2006, 1:12 AM
Post #596 of 97182 (20393 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:

Of course it wasn't good! but it was a lot of fun! I went with a group to the drive in, and watched it in a folding chair with a cooler of beer.

the only way a bad movie should be watched!
In reply to:
I been ok, but I've been injury prone lately. Damaged my hand kayaking, and then wrecked a mountain bike a couple weeks later. I really should just stick to the climbing!

shoddy. stick to climbing, yeah. what the hell did you do on your bike???

In reply to:
Do you ever get hurt fishing?

got a hook in the finger yesterday morning. Nothing bad...just popped in and out - not barb involved. other than that, the only hurt is sleep deprivation. Alpine starts ever time we go out.

chossmonkey

Aug 25, 2006, 2:14 AM
Post #597 of 97182 (20393 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
He's pretty good when i'm not living in his house. But as soon as i am ....well...
So come stay with us. :D

In reply to:
dunno if that's a compliment or not, but i'll say thanks!!
Yes and no.

In reply to:
so that's where you put it!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/1/1_4_85.gif

haha! :lol: how can you see what is happening under those covers! :lol:

In reply to:
only need 1 right now to rap a route. I didn't want to buy a 7mm tagline. Although it would have been cheaper it wouldn't get used that much. I didn't want to bring the 10mil i have and drag that up the climb. I figured I'd be getting doulbes sometime anyway, so i'll save some cash for the next one before ice season comes.

I see. Just be careful. We wrecked one of Bec's ropes rapping. :evil:

In reply to:
I didn't even look, Nate. I was in a hurry to get the hell out of there as I wanted to beat some of the traffic. If you really want, i can stop on the way home, but that will cut into the time i can help you move.
Moving is important.

Partner brent_e

Aug 26, 2006, 1:39 PM
Post #598 of 97182 (20393 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

yesterday i did my first rope solo lead. Kingston mills was the location and the route was a 5.4, i think (the name eludes me). I used the little cinch that I had with some backup knots and slowly trodded my way up. My first piece was about 18 feet off the deck and it was a black alien and a #2 ballnut equalized - it was all there way! A little small for a first piece, those.

anyway, i fired up through it and had some fun alone on the rock. The one thing I messed up was not wearing a pack to put the rope in. That really screwed up the feeding ability - next time Ill definitely do that.

Brent

chossmonkey

Aug 26, 2006, 2:38 PM
Post #599 of 97182 (20420 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
yesterday i did my first rope solo lead. Kingston mills was the location and the route was a 5.4, i think (the name eludes me). I used the little cinch that I had with some backup knots and slowly trodded my way up. My first piece was about 18 feet off the deck and it was a black alien and a #2 ballnut equalized - it was all there way! A little small for a first piece, those.

anyway, i fired up through it and had some fun alone on the rock. The one thing I messed up was not wearing a pack to put the rope in. That really screwed up the feeding ability - next time Ill definitely do that.

Brent
:shock: Dude, are you looking to kill yourself?!?!? :nono:

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, let me give you a lesson on roped soloing before you do hurt or kill yourself. Also I have the proper equipment that you would have been more than welcome to use.

Otherwise good jorb! :righton: Especially on getting out and climbing. Though it is still going to be a while before you've seen more time touching the rock than your gear has. :P

Partner brent_e

Aug 26, 2006, 4:18 PM
Post #600 of 97182 (20422 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Brent
:shock: Dude, are you looking to kill yourself?!?!? :nono:

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, let me give you a lesson on roped soloing before you do hurt or kill yourself. Also I have the proper equipment that you would have been more than welcome to use.

Otherwise good jorb! :righton: Especially on getting out and climbing. Though it is still going to be a while before you've seen more time touching the rock than your gear has. :P

i was in territory that I could solo, Nate. I know that this means nothing given Rebecca's accident. But I was confident that I was safe and had backup knots and all that. Regardless, i'd appreciate some pointers!

it was good to get out. After I led the route I rapped and then TR soloed a harder route up the face, which was good (harder meaning 5.9, maybe).

my gear only touches the rock as much as i do!!!!!

First page Previous page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 3888 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook