Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Northwest Mountaineering Journal, 2006
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

gyngve

Sep 21, 2006, 5:57 PM
Post #1 of 1 (1295 views)
Shortcut

Northwest Mountaineering Journal, 2006  (North_America: United_States: Oregon: Smith_Rock: 10__Monkey_Face_Area)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

From Lowell Skoog:

---

Northwest Mountaineering Journal, 2006

The mission of the Northwest Mountaineering Journal is to be an edited, permanent, annual record of mountaineering in the Pacific Northwest. The journal documents the events, people, history and spirit of climbing and other mountain sports in this region. The journal is published by volunteers from the mountaineering community in collaboration with The Mountaineers. The 2006 issue of the journal is now available. See:

http://www.nwmj.org

This issue has feature articles about high alpine traverses, big wall climbing, mountain rescue, influential mountaineers, and more. It includes reports of new climbing routes, first winter ascents, and first ski descents from April 1, 2005 through March 31, 2006. It also contains highlights from Mount Rainier and North Cascade National Parks.

I'd like to thank everyone who contributed stories, photos, and information for this issue, both for your contributions and for your patience as we assembled this issue over the past several months. I'd also like to thank the great team of volunteers who edited the journal and the folks at CascadeClimbers.com and the The Mountaineers who provided invaluable support.

We hope you enjoy this issue and will begin looking forward to the next one.

The 2006 Northwest Mountaineering Journal Team

Ralph Bodenner
Steve Firebaugh
Paul Klenke
Alex Krawarik
Matt Perkins
Chris Simmons
Lowell Skoog
Gary Yngve

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username: