Forums: Community: Campground:
Klownjaya's sulking thread....
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 3888 Next page Last page  View All

chossmonkey

Oct 19, 2006, 11:53 AM
Post #951 of 97182 (20264 views)
Shortcut

Re: You might be a "brent_e". [In reply to]
Report this Post

In reply to:
only if you get out of school and go to GM!!!! :lol:
Actually, if you get out of school and go out West.

Or to the States.

chossmonkey

Oct 19, 2006, 11:59 AM
Post #952 of 97182 (20264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

I'll probably be joining you soon. Leaving my life as a Dirty Hippy and moving on up to Levitator. :wink:

join the damn site and become a partner.

Before the site was sold I was actually tempted to do that. Now that it is a run for profit site I just don't see the point, especially when the this site runs like shit all the time.

The only reason I would even think about joining now is to see what is going on in the "members" forum. I think its some sort of secret society like the Masons.

chossmonkey

Oct 19, 2006, 12:06 PM
Post #953 of 97182 (20264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
it's actually a lot of fun. I'm still not too keen on taking the lives of poor quackers, but we eat them and they don't get wasted (in a manner of speaking).

I rather look forward to it every weekend!

Climbing is a lot of fun too Brent. Climbing is a lot of fun too!!!! :!:

And you don't have to gut, pluck or eat climbing. Though I highly recomend to eat, sleep and breath climbing. Left over climbing is always good the next day, week, or month.

I look forward to climbing every weekend too. Then Brent never calls. :(

Then I'm doomed to the abyss of RC.com and postwhoring to feel good about myself. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Partner epoch

Oct 19, 2006, 12:09 PM
Post #954 of 97182 (20264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
The only reason I would even think about joining now is to see what is going on in the "members" forum. I think its some sort of secret society like the Masons.

You're not missing much....

chossmonkey

Oct 19, 2006, 12:29 PM
Post #955 of 97182 (20264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
they have expectations. Actually, my mum is great. She pretty much lets me be what I want. My dad is fairly pushy and has high expectations that are likely unreasonable. He figures he's paying so he wants to see results and all that jazz. It's tough. and a pain and stressful, and that's not even dealing with school - that's just worrying about my dad.

:roll:
Poor fella. :cry:

You do realize that won't end when you graduate?

Since he paid for your school and helped you become successful you'll be his indentured servant until the day he dies.

Cut the cord Brent!!! Cut the damn cord!!!!!!

Its about respect Brent.

Your Dad doesn't respect you for the individual, the person, and the man you are (or should be). To him you are still just his son Brent.
JUST his son.

Stand your ground Brent. For your sake stand YOUR ground!!!

chossmonkey

Oct 19, 2006, 12:31 PM
Post #956 of 97182 (20264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

You're not missing much....

That's good to know. Thanks Epoch.

:shock: Wait a second?!?!?!?!?!......

That's what the Mason's tell everyone too! :evil:

chossmonkey

Oct 19, 2006, 12:33 PM
Post #957 of 97182 (20264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
"Fabricating and Fishing with brent_e... no Fornicating"

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm really considering that. :lol:

chossmonkey

Oct 19, 2006, 12:37 PM
Post #958 of 97182 (20264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
I bet those ducks will make tasty victuals! :D

I haven't had much duck. But I can't say I really cared for it.

Partner brent_e

Oct 19, 2006, 2:35 PM
Post #959 of 97182 (20264 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
Erm, because they don't have internet access at the crag for you to waste time and postwhore :deadhorse:

Actually he has plans to violate poor innocent ducks. :cry:

yup, they're pretty tasty!!! Although i had to look up victuals. You getting verbose on us, Dave???

Partner brent_e

Oct 19, 2006, 2:38 PM
Post #960 of 97182 (20252 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
they have expectations. Actually, my mum is great. She pretty much lets me be what I want. My dad is fairly pushy and has high expectations that are likely unreasonable. He figures he's paying so he wants to see results and all that jazz. It's tough. and a pain and stressful, and that's not even dealing with school - that's just worrying about my dad.

Poor fella. :cry:

You do realize that won't end when you graduate?

Since he paid for your school and helped you become successful you'll be his indentured servant until the day he dies.

Cut the cord Brent!!! Cut the damn cord!!!!!!

Its about respect Brent.

Your Dad doesn't respect you for the individual, the person, and the man you are (or should be). To him you are still just his son Brent.
JUST his son.

Stand your ground Brent. For your sake stand YOUR ground!!!

it will likely end if/when i go to montreal next year. EDIT to say when we go to montreal.

and yeah, i'm still just a little boy to him so i get treated that way. It's getting better, though.

Partner brent_e

Oct 19, 2006, 2:39 PM
Post #961 of 97182 (20252 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

it's not too bad, Nate. Although goose. Goose is a pain in the ass. They are SOOOO tough. I don't know how to cook it to make sure it's not an eraser.

anyway. Nice name for the thread. it confused me for at least 3 seconds until i realised what it was.

Partner brent_e

Oct 19, 2006, 2:48 PM
Post #962 of 97182 (20252 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:

where is that forum???

kachoong

Oct 19, 2006, 3:25 PM
Post #963 of 97182 (20252 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
anyway. Nice name for the thread. it confused me for at least 3 seconds until i realised what it was.

....confused me too... I wondered why I had posted in a thread about Fishing... of all things. :roll:

shakylegs

Oct 19, 2006, 3:38 PM
Post #964 of 97182 (20252 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:

Jesus wept.

Confit de canard: take four duck legs, liberally rub in a mixture of salt, pepper, ground-up thyme, rosemary and bay leaf. Cover and place in fridge over night. Take out, rinse under cold water, pat dry and cook at very low temperature (190F) in duck fat for about 8 hours. Shred and make either rillettes or add to a green salad.

Magret de canard: Take two duck breasts, cut a criss-cross pattern on the fat side (don't cut into the meat), salt and pepper. Slap down onto a hot cast-iron pan and fry at medium high until most of the fat has been rendered. You'll have to pour off the fat from the pan occasionally. Turn onto the meat side and fry another 2 minutes. Transfer to an oven-safe plate and heat at about 200F for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit. Meanwhile, drain off fat from pan, add sugar to the pan. Caramelize the sugar (but don't burn it, you fucking pagan), and add 1/2 cup of orange juice and a chopped jalapeno pepper. Add some cheap-ass white wine, and reduce the sauce. Slice the duck breast into 1/4-inch thick slices. The meat should be pink. Drizzle the sauce over it. Served with green beans sautéed in olive oil with salt and pepper.

Oh, and foie gras. Don't even get me started with foie gras.

You're welcome.

Partner brent_e

Oct 19, 2006, 4:06 PM
Post #965 of 97182 (20252 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
Jesus wept.

Confit de canard: take four duck legs, liberally rub in a mixture of salt, pepper, ground-up thyme, rosemary and bay leaf. Cover and place in fridge over night. Take out, rinse under cold water, pat dry and cook at very low temperature (190F) in duck fat for about 8 hours. Shred and make either rillettes or add to a green salad.

4 duck legs, eh? :lol:

In reply to:
Magret de canard: Take two duck breasts, cut a criss-cross pattern on the fat side (don't cut into the meat), salt and pepper. Slap down onto a hot cast-iron pan and fry at medium high until most of the fat has been rendered. You'll have to pour off the fat from the pan occasionally. Turn onto the meat side and fry another 2 minutes. Transfer to an oven-safe plate and heat at about 200F for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit. Meanwhile, drain off fat from pan, add sugar to the pan. Caramelize the sugar (but don't burn it, you f---ing pagan), and add 1/2 cup of orange juice and a chopped jalapeno pepper. Add some cheap-ass white wine, and reduce the sauce. Slice the duck breast into 1/4-inch thick slices. The meat should be pink. Drizzle the sauce over it. Served with green beans sautéed in olive oil with salt and pepper.

Oh, and foie gras. Don't even get me started with foie gras.

You're welcome.

sounds good. Thanks for the recipe. I haven't even looked for any yet.

wasn't it you, shaky, that was a wee bit flustered about this "desperate cry for attention"???

I regarding foie gras - i hate liver....any kind of liver, and i've had a lot of them. They all taste like dirt to me.

cheers

a fucking pagan

shakylegs

Oct 19, 2006, 4:14 PM
Post #966 of 97182 (20252 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I wasn't talking about this thread; I was talking about every other thread on this board that becomes a quoting competition.
Fucking pagan: kitchen talk.
Foie gras: Is so not liver. Yet it is. It's a big FUCK YOU! to Peta, where you force-feed a duck (or goose) in order to induce lepidosis, an enlarged liver that is pretty much 100% fat. Slightly grilled, it's amazing. You can also use it to stuff raviolis, or to smear on top on some other meat, which you then cook "sous vide," i.e. in a vacuum-sealed bag. By itself, smeared on toast with a bit of fleur de sel, there's nothing like it.

Partner brent_e

Oct 19, 2006, 4:21 PM
Post #967 of 97182 (20252 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
I wasn't talking about this thread; I was talking about every other thread on this board that becomes a quoting competition.
f---ing pagan: kitchen talk.
Foie gras: Is so not liver. Yet it is. It's a big f--- YOU! to Peta, where you force-feed a duck (or goose) in order to induce lepidosis, an enlarged liver that is pretty much 100% fat. Slightly grilled, it's amazing. You can also use it to stuff raviolis, or to smear on top on some other meat, which you then cook "sous vide," i.e. in a vacuum-sealed bag. By itself, smeared on toast with a bit of fleur de sel, there's nothing like it.

we do post stalk a lot, yes.

Never heard fucking pagan before. mind explaining that to me??

Foie gras. Does it still taste like liver, though. And not as much taste as have the same texture? I didn't know that they force fed the ducks to get this. Oddly enough, this is another reason I likely wouldn't eat it - seems cruel (hypocritical statement from a hunter??? maybe).

I presume you're either a cert. chef???

thanks again

Brent

shakylegs

Oct 19, 2006, 4:30 PM
Post #968 of 97182 (20252 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

"God bless those pagans." -Homer Simpson.
Foie gras does not taste like liver. It tastes like ambrosia.
Not a chef, just a foodie.
Making foie gras may be cruel, but it's no worse, IMO, than veal, or pork, or chicken, or beef. Each is nasty in its own way.
There's a quote somewhere, can't remember where, where the author suggests you order foie gras on your first date. It tells the girl that you have taste, but also that you have a certain rebellious streak to you.

pinktricam

Oct 19, 2006, 4:34 PM
Post #969 of 97182 (20252 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

*sigh*...foi gras...yet another delicacy I have to eliminate from my diet.

Partner brent_e

Oct 19, 2006, 4:51 PM
Post #970 of 97182 (20252 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
"God bless those pagans." -Homer Simpson.
Foie gras does not taste like liver. It tastes like ambrosia.
Not a chef, just a foodie.
Making foie gras may be cruel, but it's no worse, IMO, than veal, or pork, or chicken, or beef. Each is nasty in its own way.
There's a quote somewhere, can't remember where, where the author suggests you order foie gras on your first date. It tells the girl that you have taste, but also that you have a certain rebellious streak to you.

I missed that episode. Must be a new one!

The nectar of the gods, eh? Must be pretty good. I thought guiness was the nectar of the gods???

I'll pass that tidbit of info on to some friends!

Maybe I'll try it sometime. As much as it goes again my anti-veal ideals.

Thanks

Brent

Partner brent_e

Oct 19, 2006, 4:52 PM
Post #971 of 97182 (20252 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
*sigh*...foi gras...yet another delicacy I have to eliminate from my diet.

lemme guess, pink - high colesterol???

caughtinside

Oct 19, 2006, 5:13 PM
Post #972 of 97182 (20252 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
Erm, because they don't have internet access at the crag for you to waste time and postwhore :deadhorse:

yup, they're pretty tasty!!! Although i had to look up victuals. You getting verbose on us, Dave???

nah, I just think victuals is a funny word. I've even been known to reckon on occasion! :) :o 8^)

Love the new thread name! :lol: :lol: :robert:

Partner brent_e

Oct 19, 2006, 5:20 PM
Post #973 of 97182 (20252 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

nah, I just think victuals is a funny word. I've even been known to reckon on occasion! :) :o 8^)

reckon, eh? maybe it's an american thing. As long as you don't break out the "i tell you whaaah"

and the thread name is good....and it IS yours!!

caughtinside

Oct 19, 2006, 5:33 PM
Post #974 of 97182 (20252 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

reckon, eh? maybe it's an american thing. As long as you don't break out the "i tell you whaaah"

i actually began my reckoning after an extended stay in austraya. 8^)

The new thread name doesn't mention the dearth of climbing though... :? :P

kachoong

Oct 19, 2006, 6:22 PM
Post #975 of 97182 (20252 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

i actually began my reckoning after an extended stay in austraya. 8^)

The new thread name doesn't mention the dearth of climbing though... :? :P
I reckon Austraya might do that to ya, I reckon..... eh?

You could add "Flailing" and that might sum it up. :wink:

First page Previous page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 3888 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook