First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

raoulthepoolboy
Deleted

Oct 20, 2006, 11:11 PM
Post #151 of 218 (15261 views)
Shortcut

Post deleted by Administrator [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  

dangle

Oct 21, 2006, 2:59 AM
Post #152 of 218 (15261 views)
Shortcut

Re: John Bachar Fundraiser *raffle* [In reply to]
Report this Post

Might I suggest that we pause, and allow Tim the opportunity to send out raffle prizes and present medical bills BEFORE jumping to conclusions?

dangle

Oct 21, 2006, 3:00 AM
Post #153 of 218 (15261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Might I suggest that we pause, and allow Tim the opportunity to send out raffle prizes and present medical bills BEFORE jumping to conclusions?

timstich

Oct 21, 2006, 4:58 PM
Post #154 of 218 (15261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:

What, and resist the bandwagon lead by an anonymous troll? You've got to be kidding.

Again, as Malcomb clearly said raoul-the-pond-scum, Tim Greene sent all monies he collected back to the fund minus $250 for shipping the prizes. Keep your calls for lawsuits and further witchunts in your panties for the moment.

curt

Oct 21, 2006, 6:36 PM
Post #155 of 218 (15261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
...When it became clear that John actually had insurance and wouldn't be in need of all that had been donated, the idea of the Steve Karafa Fund came up. After all, you can't put the rain back in the sky.

First of all, this situation is not at all analogous to putting rain back in the sky. Presumably, it is known who contributed money to help defray JB's medical costs--and how much. Therefore, while setting up a "Steve Karafa" fund may indeed be a wonderful idea, those who have made donations under the original premise should have the option of their dollars being redirected to that new cause--or having their donations returned. Otherwise, the perception of a "bait-and-switch" arrangement will undoubtedly persist in the minds of some donors.

In reply to:
On Wednesday, Oct 18, I asked Tim to send all of the money in his control (less $250 to cover cost of shipping the raffle prizes out) to the Bachar Fund and he did...

That's great--and that should hopefully put an end to the speculation that Tim has pulled some type of financial shenanigans. Now, all you are left with is the perception issue, which I have tried to address above.

Curt

afreeclimber

Oct 21, 2006, 6:57 PM
Post #156 of 218 (15261 views)
Shortcut

Not a Bachar Fundraiser at all [In reply to]
Report this Post

tgreene wrote:

In reply to:
"Bachar sustained multiple spinal fractures and will be faced with insurmountable medical bills"

In reply to:
"John Bachar has no insurance, so collection jars will be placed in both Gearhead Outfitters stores in Jonesboro, to help with his financial recovery."

In reply to:
"A website has been set up for donations to help cover the costs of John's medical bills."

In reply to:
"I just now received a phone call from a gentleman in regards to possibly converting a large sum from an NPO fund that he established. FWIW: He was talking in the $15,000 - $20,000 range..."

Also consider that the image of the donation counter on the "Bachar Benefit" website has an upper limit of $50,000.

All of this would tend to make a reasonable person believe that JB was in dire financial straits and needed tens of thousands of dollars in order to pay his medical bills.

I'm not working right now, I don't have much money, I don't have any medical insurance. However, I felt that helping JB was the right thing to do.

At this point, I feel like my money was taken under fraudulent circumstances. If I had known that JB had medical insurance to cover his bills, then I would never have made a donation. There would have been no reason to.

Setting up a fund for other disadvantaged climbers is nice, but that's not what I was told my money was for and that's not the cause I donated to.

This fundraiser has been terribly mismanaged. Timothy Greene doesn't seem to take the responsibility of handling other people's money seriously.

I am really angry about this. I want my money back.

raoulthepoolboy
Deleted

Oct 21, 2006, 7:00 PM
Post #157 of 218 (15261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

reno

Oct 21, 2006, 7:12 PM
Post #158 of 218 (15261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
tgreene still has a significant outstanding debt owed to the community of RC from his online distress call for funds to help him move. Seems he's missed out on a few financial details, like paying people the frig back.

Ya know, I just gotta ask how the hell you know of this, considering you've been a member here since June of this year.

Unless, of course, you're a previously banned, tarpitted, or butt-hurt user who decided to leave in a huff and are now posting under a different name?

In reply to:
I suppose you think that's okay?

Who the hell said it was OK? Geez, woman, stop putting words into people's mouths.

curt

Oct 21, 2006, 7:19 PM
Post #159 of 218 (15261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
In reply to:
In reply to:

What, and resist the bandwagon lead by an anonymous troll? You've got to be kidding.

Again, as Malcomb clearly said raoul-the-pond-scum, Tim Greene sent all monies he collected back to the fund minus $250 for shipping the prizes. Keep your calls for lawsuits and further witchunts in your panties for the moment.

Maybe YOU think it's okay to filch off of innocent people with a sob story, but any man worth his testicles would not even consider taking money so freely...

I guess I'm confused. Mal said the money was returned--so what money did Tim take?

Curt

raoulthepoolboy
Deleted

Oct 21, 2006, 7:19 PM
Post #160 of 218 (15261 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

raoulthepoolboy
Deleted

Oct 21, 2006, 7:21 PM
Post #161 of 218 (15259 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

reno

Oct 21, 2006, 7:26 PM
Post #162 of 218 (15259 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
So until there's some sort of complete accounting, speculation will abound.

Which is all you have, really. No facts, just speculation.

Get over it, lady.

raoulthepoolboy
Deleted

Oct 21, 2006, 7:30 PM
Post #163 of 218 (15259 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

dangle

Oct 22, 2006, 12:47 AM
Post #164 of 218 (15259 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Raoul,

it was the immature negativity rampant on this site that made me rethink my charitable inclinations toward the climbing community in general.
To the extent that you might have benefited from the programs I supported (probably not much) you are the loser.
If there was a scam here then we ALL lose. Think what this has already done to potential future appeals.

I don't suppose you could see fit to withold your rant until the jury is in.

timstich

Oct 22, 2006, 12:49 AM
Post #165 of 218 (15259 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:

I suppose you think that's okay?

You would. :boring: Losers of a feather...

You know what, I sent Tim Greene $35 back when I had nothing and Katrina hit. There's no doubt his life in Abita Springs got shitcanned. I can confirm what happened there as I saw it. And not having power to the many aquariums he had did in fact kill everything he owned, just like the big aquarium downtown. So yeah, I guess that little bit of cash was for some reason.

But let's not make this so personal, although by now it certainly is. And I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed to learn your identity "rauol" as I thought we were both on good terms. Last time I saw you, we certainly seemed to be. What turned you into such a bitter wasteoid? Any chance of snapping out of it? Seriously.

As for this thing, well, I certainly take others' words for what they think happened to them. Not discounting their stories just to pick a bone with you. But consider yourself even deeper ostracized than you already are. Such a shame, too. I mean, WTF? You are seriously lame.

Get yourself fixed up and get out from under the bridge. And stop dragging your knuckles on the fucking ground.

And you mentioned mtngeo before. Did we not all consider him a friend? We gave him the benefit of the doubt until the evidence was in, and there was plenty of it going back years. I don't recall any whistle blowers then making personal attacks on former friends to help along the disclosure process.

paganmonkeyboy

Oct 22, 2006, 1:56 AM
Post #166 of 218 (15259 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

As a late arrival to the party, and after reading the last 5 pages, I, personally, would prefer to withhold any judgment until such time as the facts are presented by Tim himself.

I would rather not disrespect an innocent person than jump the gun. If the facts prove something amiss, there will be more than enough time to discuss it then.

Tim included a phone number in one of his posts as well. Have any of you that are angry tried talking to him at all ?

chossmonkey

Oct 22, 2006, 3:38 AM
Post #167 of 218 (15259 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Holy crap, I can't believe I just read all 11 pages!!

A few things do sound a little sketchy. I can also totally understand how people might be a little pissed off and want a refund. Hopefully everything on Tim's end is kosher.

Partner macherry

Oct 22, 2006, 3:40 AM
Post #168 of 218 (15259 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

As i said before, Tim Greene needs to address this matter. I believe he owes everyone involved an explanation and an apology.

i have lost a lot of respect for tim.

cjsimpso

Oct 22, 2006, 6:48 AM
Post #169 of 218 (15259 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I said earlier that I wanted to give it more thought, and I've come to one major conclusion: I don't have enough information.

I would really like for Tim to come on here and explain what the current situation is - How much money was raised, where the money currently is, where it will be in the near future, and what has become of all of the gear that was collected too.

That being said, all of you making these broad, character-defiling accusations or demanding your money back should just cool it. There may be a time for that in the near future, but there also might not be. Maybe everything that he has said thus far is true, he's actually suffering from a devastating medical condition, and the money really isn't being used for him. Or maybe it is all bullshit. But until we know more, I don't see any reason why we should let this whole thing get shot to hell and destroy the community that we all watched developing in front of our eyes over the past few weeks.

Tim needs to fill us in, and soon. But until then - give the man the benefit of the doubt. No amount of bitching and moaning will do any of us any good anyway.

Chris

timstich

Oct 22, 2006, 6:55 AM
Post #170 of 218 (15259 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
As i said before, Tim Greene needs to address this matter. I believe he owes everyone involved an explanation and an apology.

i have lost a lot of respect for tim.

Well at least you are here saying this without hiding behind an alias, unlike your friend "raoul."

naitch

Oct 22, 2006, 3:23 PM
Post #171 of 218 (15259 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
...I would really like for Tim to come on here and explain what the current situation is - How much money was raised, where the money currently is, where it will be in the near future, and what has become of all of the gear that was collected too...

Chris

Well as far as the gear is concerned, the winners are listed on the fundraiser website. I know because Tim notified me that I was the second place winner. Gear is to go out to the respective winners this coming week according to Tim.

pheenixx

Oct 24, 2006, 4:48 PM
Post #172 of 218 (15259 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I agree with Arno and Curt. Sorry Tim - Regardless of what is truth, I don't agree with the way this was presented and handled. I wish you the best (as always) - in whatever assists your needs to get by in life, but it would have been better if a different "Fund" or "request" had been set up separately.

John - I appreciate your attempts to "do the best thing" with the funds, but I feel as if the funds were not needed by you "as originally advertised" they should be returned -- or -- at least you should ask the person who donated to your cause, if they wouldn't mind if they were used for other purposes.

I wish both John and Tim a speedy and full recovery in their injuries. Personally - I would like my $$ returned by John (or Tim). This needs to be handled correctly so that the future of charitable causes can be continued in good faith for climbers in assistance.

Kirra

pheenixx

Oct 24, 2006, 4:49 PM
Post #173 of 218 (15259 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I agree with Arno and Curt. Sorry Tim - Regardless of what is truth, I don't agree with the way this was presented and handled. I wish you the best (as always) - in whatever assists your needs to get by in life, but it would have been better if a different "Fund" or "request" had been set up separately.

John - I appreciate your attempts to "do the best thing" with the funds, but I feel as if the funds were not needed by you "as originally advertised" they should be returned -- or -- at least you should ask the person who donated to your cause, if they wouldn't mind if they were used for other purposes.

I wish both John and Tim a speedy and full recovery in their injuries. Personally - I would like my $$ returned by John (or Tim). This needs to be handled correctly so that the future of charitable causes can be continued in good faith for climbers in assistance.

Kirra

longroper

Oct 24, 2006, 6:52 PM
Post #174 of 218 (15259 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

I agree with everything pheenixx said.

I also had a question for everyone who entered the raffle. Are any of you upset that the majority of the prizes were given to 5 people and only 17 people total won prizes? There were probably enough prizes for half of the people who entered to win something. Many of the prizes would have been quite amazing just by themselves.

I knew that there would be one big prize package but not that all of the prizes would be given in combined packages. I feel cheated in that I was misinformed about what I was donating the money for and that I was misinformed about how the raffle would be conducted. I would like my money back or at least have my money donated to a fund that I choose.

--Travis

Partner wideguy

Oct 24, 2006, 7:09 PM
Post #175 of 218 (15259 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

In reply to:
I also had a question for everyone who entered the raffle. Are any of you upset that the majority of the prizes were given to 5 people and only 17 people total won prizes?
--Travis

Nope, not at all. I gave my $50 to help out a climber who has done alot to further a sport I've come to love. Any gear raffle was a purely a bonus. The fact that it was split into 8 prize categories was amazing in itself, considering the original plan was for only one mega prize.

And no, I didn't win anything, and that is still how I feel.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook