RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Climbing Photography

Premier Sponsor:

rock_fencer

Oct 27, 2006, 10:52 PM
Post #1 of 6 (1167 views)
Shortcut

A solid Camer Bag
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey guys i was wondering if you have any suggestions for a camera bag. I havent had a chance to take my camera out for fear of breaking it again (i cracked a shutter a couple of years back falling down a waterfall).

Its got to fit the Rebel 2000 with the batterypack maybe the digital one if i upgrade.
75-300 IS lens
28-80 lens
A hypothetical wide angle lens which i do not own yet
Maybe my macro lens
Accesories (Film, Filters, Flash)

I also have one other question how would one determine if their light leaking into the camera. My photos from summer vacation all have this burn line at the base of the film. Camera was sitting in my closet for a year previous so i figured it was the film but still wanted to know.

ANy suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
T

chanceboarder

Oct 27, 2006, 11:16 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1167 views)
Shortcut

Re: A solid Camer Bag [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Are you looking for a bag you can climb with to take you gear up a route with your, or a bag for taking on hikes and shooting climbers from the ground, or like a bag for just general every day use and protection?

As for the light possibly leaking into the camera I could be just old film. Although I think if that was the case you might have seen something weird across the whole width of the film and not just at the bottom. Best and easiest way to test if your camera is leaking light into the back is to take a new roll of film, go outside on a sunny day and shoot off a roll of something not important and then get it developed.

Jason

Partner csgambill

Oct 28, 2006, 1:47 AM
Post #3 of 6 (1167 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

What the hell is a "camer"?

drumminmachine62

Oct 28, 2006, 1:58 AM
Post #4 of 6 (1167 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I've been using the lowepro stealth reporter bags for a while,and i am very pleased with the protection and easy access. I recently purchased a lowepro rower aw II for more photography oriented trips. the stealth reporter bags are great if you just want some protection for your gear and youre going to throw it all in another pack. If you want some more serious protection (you did mention falling down waterfalls...) you might look into pelican cases.

rock_fencer

Oct 28, 2006, 5:35 PM
Post #5 of 6 (1167 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Im basically looking for a bag which i can take with me on backpacking/climbing trips where it wont be beaten to shit and stay dry. I want something i could climb with but that isnt a backpack either (i have a tamrac backpack and im not a big fan of it).

Thanks for the idea jason. Ill try it out when it stops raining.

Thanks T

kman

Oct 28, 2006, 5:58 PM
Post #6 of 6 (1167 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A bag that is going to carry all the stuff you want to have in it is going to be quite bulky if you don't want a backpack style one. Would be a p.i.t.a. to climb with. Consider getting a seperate smaller bag for climbs and only take what you will need up with you.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Climbing Photography

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook