Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

veganboyjosh

Dec 18, 2006, 5:21 AM
Post #26 of 29 (726 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbsomething] Response to 12/13 announcement [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

climbsomething wrote:
You mean, the way it used to be...

doh.

jakedatc

Dec 18, 2006, 5:54 AM
Post #27 of 29 (720 views)
Shortcut

Re: [veganboyjosh] Response to 12/13 announcement [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

[Old Sage Ghost] Dooooo not mention the site of yore!.....[/old sage ghost]

Partner rrrADAM

Dec 20, 2006, 10:29 PM
Post #28 of 29 (692 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] Response to 12/13 announcement [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

j_ung wrote:
Jay, to me that illustrates exactly why such changes should be subject to approval. I'm glad you made easy work of it, but IMO, route ratings should never change based on the experience of one person. Areas have consensus ratings, and yet they're listed differently on RC.com all the time. Historically, that's been one of my least favorite aspects of the RDB.
Often, a route may be entered into the RDB as name and grade only, say in order to link it to a picture... Someone at a later date decides to "flesh out" the route by adding a detailed description, why should this be required to be approved, and how would the mgra know the details ???

ddt

Dec 27, 2006, 12:48 AM
Post #29 of 29 (660 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rrradam] Response to 12/13 announcement [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rrradam wrote:
j_ung wrote:
Jay, to me that illustrates exactly why such changes should be subject to approval. I'm glad you made easy work of it, but IMO, route ratings should never change based on the experience of one person. Areas have consensus ratings, and yet they're listed differently on RC.com all the time. Historically, that's been one of my least favorite aspects of the RDB.
Often, a route may be entered into the RDB as name and grade only, say in order to link it to a picture... Someone at a later date decides to "flesh out" the route by adding a detailed description, why should this be required to be approved, and how would the mgra know the details ???

We have this through the "direct field level update" functionality. Any user can fill in the blank fields on a route without requiring approval. Browse the routes database and you'll often see the "update" link on blank fields, allowing the user the enter the value right there and then. Hence routes can be added with the bare minimum info and fleshed out by others.

I believe this functionality is not yet available for EVERY field on the route (I think the description still needs it), but it should be fairly straight-forward to add.

DDT

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook