RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

TmT

Jan 27, 2007, 10:33 AM
Post #1 of 6 (913 views)
Shortcut

Training days
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone at this forum for posting their thoughts, opinions and tips on this forum. It has been a great pleasure reading.

Now, after feeling quite familiar to this forum, I'd like to post a topic myself...

Now I've been climbing for about 1,5 years, and my progress has been rather good. Atm, my redpoint level is around 5.13a, I boulder about 7c/8a(french) and am really keen on climbing and to improve my climbing.

Therefore, I wonder if anyone have some ideas / thoughts about how much I should train, and how I should train. Should I mainly focus on climbing, or is jogging, yoga, pilates, weights etc good elements that should be included in my training, and maybe even replace some of my climbing sessions? At the moment I am climbing about 5/6 days a week, having one day of either one or two days a week.

All thoughts are welcome - I want to learn as much about training and climbing as possible, and even thought you might now know something about all the elements I mentioned, I'd like your opinion of one or more if you have one.

This is a huge question, so all pieces of answer is welcome<3

I'd say more people wonder how to train in general, so this should be of relevace to more than me. Link to articles are welcome also, but in my opinion, they are sometimes to general. Personal thoughts might be easier?

Thanks for all replies!

TmT

Partner mr8615

Jan 27, 2007, 1:13 PM
Post #2 of 6 (902 views)
Shortcut

Re: [TmT] Training days [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Fluxus wrote the book on this stuff... literally. Check it out on amazon: The Self Coached Climber

miademus

Jan 27, 2007, 9:35 PM
Post #3 of 6 (848 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mr8615] Training days [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

...truly a masterpiece,

you know the book is made out of more then 20 years expirience...i bought the book myself translated it and now i am working the workouts with climbers simmilair to your grade, it is very recommending.

Another book which i am working on is "Licence to climb" from Udo Neuman, just go to his site http://www.udini.de the workouts are more speicifc and thrilling. i think you'll need that book.

But if you are just seeking for free opinions then you really should start to have a campus board. and more of all a stystem wall.

You'll find some good workouts about them in the net.

good luck!

rockprodigy

Jan 29, 2007, 10:41 PM
Post #4 of 6 (715 views)
Shortcut

Re: [miademus] Training days [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

miademus wrote:

Another book which i am working on is "Licence to climb" from Udo Neuman, just go to his site http://www.udini.de the workouts are more speicifc and thrilling. i think you'll need that book.

Is there an english version of this book? Also could you provide the specific page on that website? Meine Deutsche ist nicht so gut.

sidepull

Jan 29, 2007, 11:17 PM
Post #5 of 6 (700 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

TmT wrote:
Now, after feeling quite familiar to this forum, I'd like to post a topic myself...

[triggered my troll sensors] if you're climbing at this level, then why are you asking such a vague (potentially stupid) question? [/triggered my troll sensors]

Do lots of curls and pull-ups.

rainontin

Jan 29, 2007, 11:26 PM
Post #6 of 6 (696 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You boulder between V9 and V11 and you are on this forum seeking training advice? Seems like whatever you are doing is working just fine...

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook