RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Access Issues & Closures

Premier Sponsor:

yggdrasil71687

Jan 30, 2007, 2:35 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1079 views)
Shortcut

New Laurel Knob Routes
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Could someone please take the time to explain to me what is necessary to be allowed to put up a new line at Laurel Knob. Because from what I understand it is against to rules to do any more FAs, Do to injury I havent even been out there yet so I may not even find something I would like to put up. All I know is when donating to the CCC my climbing partner was told that he would be allowed to put a new route. I dont know if we plan on putting up a new route, I just want to make sure we can if we want to seeing how we donated more money than we planed on because of the understanding would would be able to put up something new.

saxfiend

Jan 30, 2007, 2:43 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1072 views)
Shortcut

Re: [yggdrasil71687] New Laurel Knob Routes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Are you aware that the CCC has a website? The requirements for putting up a new line at LK are all laid out in the CCC's Laurel Knob Management Plan:

http://www.carolinaclimbers.org/LKManageplan.pdf

You'll notice in this document that there's nothing about minimum donation to put up routes. The purpose of the donations was to buy the crag.

JL

Partner j_ung

Jan 30, 2007, 8:51 PM
Post #3 of 4 (997 views)
Shortcut

Re: [saxfiend] New Laurel Knob Routes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Go do a couple lines there and then see if there's anything that catches your eye. You'll need to submit a new route application. I know it sounds Draconian, but there's a limited supply of rock and everybody wants some.

Personally, I have no interest in LK FAs. I just wanna climb there and I'm fine if it's a 1000th ascent or whatever.

cccman

Jan 30, 2007, 9:10 PM
Post #4 of 4 (986 views)
Shortcut

Re: [j_ung] New Laurel Knob Routes [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

In order to do a new route at Laurel you must first submit an application to the New Route Committee. This application is available in the downloadable management plan at www.carolinaclimbers.org. We ask about your new routing experience and what you have previously climbed at Laurel. You need to know what the routes there are like before you jump on something new. Routes must be done ground up. This is a big cliff. Be prepared. Sure it may sound "big brother"ish, but as mentioned earlier, there is a finite amount of rock here. If donating was a requirement we would have over 300 new route applicants. There aren't that many to be had. This is not the only place around with such requirements. Be aware that it is quite a hoof into LK. It is worse if you are packing FA gear. 8 pitches worth of bolts, gear, ropes, water, etc. gets pretty heavy.

(This post was edited by cccman on Jan 30, 2007, 9:12 PM)

Forums : Climbing Information : Access Issues & Closures

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook