RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

Partner angry

Feb 1, 2007, 12:21 AM
Post #1 of 4 (581 views)
Shortcut

Shoulder Pain/Bone Growth?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

About a week ago, I noticed that my right back shoulder felt tender. Like it was bruised. Exactly in the spot that gets the most abuse on a chickenwing offwidth. Funny thing, it's been 2 months since I've been on an offwidth (and I miss it).

I just figured I had bumped it and forgot about it. It never went away. In fact, it got gradually worse. Today, it's rather painful. It really hurts. Not a sharp pain but it feels like a really bad bruise. It's not restricting any mobility but it hurts pretty bad. I haven't bumped it (that I remember) in a long time.

Now I can feel a hard bump under the skin, right where it's most painful. I don't know if it's always been there and I never noticed it because it wasn't sore, or if it's new. It's small enough that it doesn't look any different than the other side.

So without taking time off work, the soonest doctor appt I could get is next thursday. Until then, I'm curious what it is.

My ideas are:

A cyst of some sort, it's odd though, I've never had a cyst before.

I could have broken my scapula and it didn't heal right, this could be a calcium build up or bone infection. I really am rough enough on myself (and that area is usually sore from lack of skin) that I wouldn't be surprised if I fractured a bone and didn't know it.

Cancer, it's always cancer dontcha know.

Or it's just bruised badly from some sleepwalking fight club-esque thing that I have no idea is happening.

Other ideas?

wonderwoman

Feb 2, 2007, 2:40 AM
Post #2 of 4 (557 views)
Shortcut

Re: [angry] Shoulder Pain/Bone Growth? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You could have a bone spur or shoulder tendinitis. Maybe try ice and ibuprofen until you see your doc. My shoulder recently started really hurting too but I can't see an ortho until March. In the meantime, I'm icing, resting and actually starting acupuncture on Tuesday. Also doing some resistance band excercises that I did the last time I had physical therapy. Good luck.

Partner angry

Feb 2, 2007, 10:27 PM
Post #3 of 4 (538 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wonderwoman] Shoulder Pain/Bone Growth? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm on a pretty full dose of prescription aleve (Naproxen) almost every day due to other issues, so I'm not going to start more NSAID's.

The thing that's weird is that it DOESN'T hurt too much if at all when I move it. I only notice it while operating my stick shift or if I touch it. There's definately a bump under the skin, and it's really tender. I doesn't hurt to climb or anything though.

I'm so afraid that doc is going to tell me to rest and take some anti-inflamitories. Shit, I can get that advice off the internet.

caughtinside

Feb 2, 2007, 10:45 PM
Post #4 of 4 (532 views)
Shortcut

Re: [angry] Shoulder Pain/Bone Growth? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

you're soft.

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook