RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

ddarko34

Mar 18, 2007, 6:56 AM
Post #1 of 1 (257 views)
Shortcut

pressure around right wrist
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

injured it lifting a few years ago. dr. said it was chronic tendinitis. it hurts to put significant pressure on it (such as doing push ups with palms facing down). dr. said rest and avoid weight training, which i've done, much to my annoyance. also been doin some physical therapy on the wrist too, (electroshock something or other, and recently after that procedure, they been putting some gel on my wrist and heating it with a UV light. sorta like a heating/cooling type deal. anyone familiar with this treatment?)

so i've recently been doing some climbing. did some hard bouldering about 4 days ago and now i've noticed that while my left side was sore for about a day, my right is still sore. full on grip strength is ok, but the pinching motion makes the base of my thumb (meaty part of palm) and the underside of the wrist unusually sore. it feels... weak. so i've been massaging it a lot and resting, but i'm worried if this is sorta a permanent thing. is my tendon permanently weakened? should i be attempting to do any light weight rehab exercises to strengthen it? should i avoid climbing at all?

anyone have experience in this situation?

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook