Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Turtle boulder is unclimbable...
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

jeffvoigt

Apr 11, 2007, 9:43 PM
Post #1 of 3 (929 views)
Shortcut

Turtle boulder is unclimbable...  (North_America: United_States: Washington: I-5_Corridor-North: Sehome_hill: Sehome_Hill_Arberetum)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

It appears that someone has made turtle boulder into their place of residence by building quite and extensive structure around the overhanging lip traverse. The structure is about 15 or so feet across and about 5 feet tall. I looks like a hobo shelter. I have come across much smaller shelters of this fashion on Sehome Hill before but nothing like this.

zeke_sf

Apr 11, 2007, 10:16 PM
Post #2 of 3 (874 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jeffvoigt] Turtle boulder is unclimbable... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jeffvoigt wrote:
The structure is about 15 or so feet across and about 5 feet tall. I looks like a hobo shelter.

Hobo or Hobbits? You decide.

dharmatreez

Apr 11, 2007, 10:54 PM
Post #3 of 3 (827 views)
Shortcut

Re: [zeke_sf] Turtle boulder is unclimbable... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

it does look it is made out of easily removable and dispersed material. i've read "My Side Of The Mountian" one too many times to feel right about giving the solitary soul the boot and rip down his crib

i seen an overhang at a local rock outcrop that "someone" started to mortor rocks for a wall and even put a steel framed - four pane window in it. it was halted about three feet short of the roof it was under. maybe an old hobo got booted before he could finish.

it still remains to this day. it is about a 2 mile bushwack up a nasty laurel hill, but i'll try to get a pic soon, i've never seen anything like it

happy trails and safe climbing

jae

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook