First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

devils_advocate

Apr 18, 2007, 3:57 PM
Post #1 of 48 (3468 views)
Shortcut

I hate your crag baby
Report this Post
Can't Post

I’m sick and tired of going climbing in a nursery. Whining, crying, feeding... if I see another exposed lactating booby, I’m going to scream. Leave your crag baby at home. I don’t like having formula spilled all over my rope, it gums up my belay device and attracts crag dogs. Then my problem is two-fold; leave your crag baby at home. If I catch one more baby using my Gri-Gri as a pacifier I’m calling the Baby Fund. Seriously, babies have no place at the crags, crag baby mothers. You can play with your baby when you get back from climbing, they’ll be ok without you for an afternoon. They’re far safer at home than at the crag amongst a maelstrom of ropes, biners, and crag dogs. Leave your crag baby at home.

thomasribiere

Apr 18, 2007, 4:00 PM
Post #2 of 48 (3457 views)
Shortcut

Re: [devils_advocate] I hate your crag baby [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Or leave them in your car. Thank you.

wilcox510

Apr 18, 2007, 4:10 PM
Post #3 of 48 (3429 views)
Shortcut

Re: [thomasribiere] I hate your crag baby [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Please remember to roll the windows down a touch if your going to leave them in the car.

bent_gate

Apr 18, 2007, 4:13 PM
Post #4 of 48 (3415 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

A baby's drool on your rope is more acidic than battery acid. You'd have to retire the whole thing.

caughtinside

Apr 18, 2007, 4:13 PM
Post #5 of 48 (3413 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

devils_advocate wrote:
I’m sick and tired of going climbing in a nursery. Whining, crying, feeding... if I see another exposed lactating booby, I’m going to scream. Leave your crag baby at home. I don’t like having formula spilled all over my rope, it gums up my belay device and attracts crag dogs. Then my problem is two-fold; leave your crag baby at home. If I catch one more baby using my Gri-Gri as a pacifier I’m calling the Baby Fund. Seriously, babies have no place at the crags, crag baby mothers. You can play with your baby when you get back from climbing, they’ll be ok without you for an afternoon. They’re far safer at home than at the crag amongst a maelstrom of ropes, biners, and crag dogs. Leave your crag baby at home.

a poor effort, d_a. Unsure

boymeetsrock

Apr 18, 2007, 4:14 PM
Post #6 of 48 (3408 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wilcox510] I hate your crag baby [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

No No, leave the windows rolled up please. This is rule number 43 on the cull the noobs list.

Thank you.

microbarn

Apr 18, 2007, 4:21 PM
Post #7 of 48 (3380 views)
Shortcut

Re: [thomasribiere] I hate your crag baby [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

thomasribiere wrote:
Or leave them in your car. Thank you.
with the windows up?

microbarn

Apr 18, 2007, 4:21 PM
Post #8 of 48 (3379 views)
Shortcut

Re: [microbarn] I hate your crag baby [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

we need more comments on windows

alpinismo_flujo

Apr 18, 2007, 4:31 PM
Post #9 of 48 (3343 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

My fav is the the playpen at the crag....

ryanpfleger

Apr 18, 2007, 4:51 PM
Post #10 of 48 (3283 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You're just jealous because all the crag babies pull down harder than you. Plus they get sooooooo much more booby! Besides if people wouldn't bolt these sport/death routes I wouldn't have to bring my crag baby. You think I want to screw up clipping that 1st bolt 20 feet off the deck? No way! My toddler is happy to do it. And while he no longer has access to his favorite "jug" haul, due to ("huuuuuge tracts of") landowner issues, the change in diet hasn't put a damper on his climbing ability. He still routinely soloes the sketchiest routes around. We caught him topping out on a highball problem called "The Fridge" the other day... Its this crimpfest start on edges no bigger than a cabinet door. And the texture totally sucks! Imagine the most polished edge you can think of, then imagine it coated with a super glossy oil based paint. Yeah. So then you mantle up to where Mama keeps the cookie jar, shakeout the forearms, chalk up (if you're so inclined, Toddler Toby did it sans chalk, and in his approach shoes), and rest on the super cramped ledge, before pulling over the burly "Plant Shelf Overhang". The descent is pretty tricky too.

So yeah. Quit your yappin'! You're just jealous.

coastal_climber

Apr 18, 2007, 4:59 PM
Post #11 of 48 (3267 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ryanpfleger] I hate your crag baby [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ryanpfleger wrote:
You're just jealous because all the crag babies pull down harder than you. Plus they get sooooooo much more booby! Besides if people wouldn't bolt these sport/death routes I wouldn't have to bring my crag baby. You think I want to screw up clipping that 1st bolt 20 feet off the deck? No way! My toddler is happy to do it. And while he no longer has access to his favorite "jug" haul, due to ("huuuuuge tracts of") landowner issues, the change in diet hasn't put a damper on his climbing ability. He still routinely soloes the sketchiest routes around. We caught him topping out on a highball problem called "The Fridge" the other day... Its this crimpfest start on edges no bigger than a cabinet door. And the texture totally sucks! Imagine the most polished edge you can think of, then imagine it coated with a super glossy oil based paint. Yeah. So then you mantle up to where Mama keeps the cookie jar, shakeout the forearms, chalk up (if you're so inclined, Toddler Toby did it sans chalk, and in his approach shoes), and rest on the super cramped ledge, before pulling over the burly "Plant Shelf Overhang". The descent is pretty tricky too.

So yeah. Quit your yappin'! You're just jealous.

So what exactly is so much better?

lena_chita

Apr 18, 2007, 5:08 PM
Post #12 of 48 (3242 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] I hate your crag baby [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:

I agree. It's a rather weak troll.

moose_droppings

Apr 18, 2007, 5:15 PM
Post #13 of 48 (3219 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Tether them about 4 foot off the ground (but not on the start of some route), they can't get into to much trouble hanging off the side off the crag. They do tend to smell in the sun late afternoon if they've got a load on, hopefully there's a breeze.

sgauss

Apr 18, 2007, 5:18 PM
Post #14 of 48 (3207 views)
Shortcut

Re: [alpinismo_flujo] I hate your crag baby [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

alpinismo_flujo wrote:
My fav is the the playpen at the crag....

If my wife's got to carry the baby and the "Pack and Play" up to the wall, she's too tired to belay me!

bent_gate

Apr 18, 2007, 5:19 PM
Post #15 of 48 (3200 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ryanpfleger] I hate your crag baby [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ryanpfleger wrote:
(snip) My toddler is happy to do it. .... We caught him topping out on a highball problem called "The Fridge" the other day... Its this crimpfest start on edges no bigger than a cabinet door. And the texture totally sucks! Imagine the most polished edge you can think of, then imagine it coated with a super glossy oil based paint. Yeah. So then you mantle up to where Mama keeps the cookie jar, shakeout the forearms, chalk up (if you're so inclined, Toddler Toby did it sans chalk, and in his approach shoes), and rest on the super cramped ledge, .......

I think someone has the video of this:

carabiner96

Apr 18, 2007, 5:37 PM
Post #16 of 48 (3144 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bent_gate] I hate your crag baby [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You know how we know it's weak? Because "I never want to see another____ booby" was in there. We know you, D_A.

Tree_wrangler

Apr 18, 2007, 5:55 PM
Post #17 of 48 (3092 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I like kids just fine, but I hate crag babies too. Since we're in agreement on this, I'll expect you to stay home where you belong, crag baby.

You whine and fuss more than my 2-year-old and what's most pathetic, is you probably actually think that you're more mature than she is! Actual adults don't get do have attitudes as juvenille as yours!

cchas

Apr 18, 2007, 6:05 PM
Post #18 of 48 (3058 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Tree_wrangler] I hate your crag baby [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My question is what kind of haul bag do you suggest to put the baby car seat in during a big wall. Or would you recommend a bosuns chair for the little one.

rocknice2

Apr 18, 2007, 6:09 PM
Post #19 of 48 (3048 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cchas] I hate your crag baby [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Use them as counter wieght for the big haul

devils_advocate

Apr 18, 2007, 6:17 PM
Post #20 of 48 (3022 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Tree_wrangler wrote:
You whine and fuss more than my 2-year-old and what's most pathetic, is you probably actually think that you're more mature than she is! Actual adults don't get do have attitudes as juvenille as yours!

Waaaaaa. Sounds like somebody's made poopy.

Ok, granted... my post was far from stellar (however I wasn’t aiming for a troll, I could have made it sound much more sincere) but jesus man, lighten up. You really need to relax a bit, taking this site seriously is going to be the end of you. You’re the guy (the only) that actually put a serious post in the thread about the guy worrying his rope might get mercury poisoning from the water. Wow, you’re wound tight. I sure hope your 2 year-old has some friends to play with, to remind her she’s a kid and should be having fun. I don’t doubt she’s more mature than me, that’s what I’m worried about. For her sake.

“OK Suzy, turn off Barney, Dad has something to show you. This is an IRS form 5074: Allocation of Individual Income Tax to Guam or the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. Best to learn now so you can be ahead of the game”

A clown never cries, my ass.

(This post was edited by devils_advocate on Apr 18, 2007, 6:18 PM)

jgloporto

Apr 18, 2007, 6:25 PM
Post #21 of 48 (2981 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

devils_advocate wrote:
"OK Suzy, turn off Barney, Dad has something to show you. This is an IRS form 5074: Allocation of Individual Income Tax to Guam or the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. Best to learn now so you can be ahead of the game”

A clown never cries, my ass.

The revised Form 5074 was a NY Times best seller for like weeks... You didn't read that when you were two???

Loser.Unimpressed

scrapedape

Apr 18, 2007, 6:39 PM
Post #22 of 48 (2946 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] I hate your crag baby [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lena_chita wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

I agree. It's a rather weak troll.

Troll or not, D_A brings up some serious points. Really, leave the kid at home. He'll be happier and safer there. And contrary to what you think, we don't all share your view that your baby is the most adorable little bundle of joy. Is crying really any better than barking?

Tree_wrangler

Apr 18, 2007, 7:08 PM
Post #23 of 48 (2874 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Poor you. You acted like a prick and got called on it. It must be because I'm a stress case.

But, I deserved a little ribbing, and yeah, I AM a stress case. But not because of this site, and not with the kiddo.

Per the mercury-rope dude, it hardly makes me anal to give an honest response to an honest question. If he'd listened to anyone else, he'd have thrown out his rope and be a couple hundred bucks poorer. Oh, but you were just having fun with him, so that's ok......
Crazy

lena_chita

Apr 18, 2007, 7:09 PM
Post #24 of 48 (2871 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] I hate your crag baby [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
You know how we know it's weak? Because "I never want to see another____ booby" was in there. We know you, D_A.

The same thing caught my eye, too! That's where I changed my attitude from raising indignation to just a "blah, not a very funny parody on the hate-your-dog thread".

dynosore

Apr 18, 2007, 7:53 PM
Post #25 of 48 (2786 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Anyone who thinks their rope got "mercury poisoning" by being in the water should throw out ALL their climbing gear, sharp objects, power tools, and probably not drive either, enough idiots at the rock and on the roads already...

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook