RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bouldering

Premier Sponsor:

hofferfish

May 12, 2007, 6:21 PM
Post #1 of 5 (1331 views)
Shortcut

Metolius Behemoth Pad
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hello,
Im new to the forum and i was wondering if any one could give me a review of the metolius Behemoth Crash Pad. I can get it for a very good price $188 rather than the retail $285. I know that metoluis makes good pads but i was wondering of the sheer size of this pad makes it to unweildy to consider. I havent been able to find any reviews on it so any help is greatly appreciated. I plan to use it at some highballs i just found near my house and probly stoney point

jgailor

May 12, 2007, 6:37 PM
Post #2 of 5 (1326 views)
Shortcut

Re: [hofferfish] Metolius Behemoth Pad [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The thing is massive. If you have a car, it's probably not going to fit in the trunk. It's also really top-heavy, so when you're carrying it you'll have some balance issues. On the plus side, the pad is nice, keeps you safe, and covers a big area.

I find that I almost never bring it anywhere with me, because it's so large and unwieldy.

hofferfish

May 12, 2007, 6:48 PM
Post #3 of 5 (1320 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jgailor] Metolius Behemoth Pad [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jgailor wrote:
The thing is massive. If you have a car, it's probably not going to fit in the trunk. It's also really top-heavy, so when you're carrying it you'll have some balance issues. On the plus side, the pad is nice, keeps you safe, and covers a big area.

I find that I almost never bring it anywhere with me, because it's so large and unwieldy.
would you buy it instead of a fat bastard? if you could get the Behemoth for $188. Im only asking because i want a big pad and the the behemoth is the only one i can get cheap.

jgailor

May 12, 2007, 7:16 PM
Post #4 of 5 (1308 views)
Shortcut

Re: [hofferfish] Metolius Behemoth Pad [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Buy it, and you can always resell it for more than you paid for it if you don't like it. It does the job, extremely well. It's just bulky.

deadhorse

May 17, 2007, 2:34 AM
Post #5 of 5 (1241 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jgailor] Metolius Behemoth Pad [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i'm just gonna go ahead and JANK this thread since it seems its purpose has been carried out---
Anybody got opinions on the Asana DynoMite? Can't find a review anywhere. Size and price are in my range. just wondering about the foam density/quality. I'm heavier by a bit than the avg boulderer (I think?? you tell me.) I weigh a buck 80. thnk

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook