First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Partner happiegrrrl

Jun 4, 2007, 2:22 PM
Post #26 of 39 (1014 views)
Shortcut

Re: [thorne] drkodos banned! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Say what one will about the man, I can tell you these things, from personal experience:

- He took me up a 5.3 in the Gunks and led it all the while exclaiming what magnificent climbing the route was, as if he were having the finest day of his life.
- He taught me first-hand the "Get off the rope"(when you have fallen) ethic, and I am a better person for this, for it translates well beyond climbing. Most people won't get the concept. But are we climbing or what? The act of hanging on the end of a rope, at your belayer's expense, is not climbing.

Along with this, comes the "Belayer's job is to catch a fall; everything else is a perk." Again...some might disagree. I offer lots of perks as a belayer myself. But.....if you are going to pull one of those "leader is always right" attitudes...then it's reasonable that your belayer could, would - and SHOULD! - repsond with this ethic in kind.

- The most patient, yet best at pushing, mentors I have ever climbed with.

- Funny as hell

- The one thing to accept about the man, was that he enjoys debate. And he will win. He's like the pit-bull of debaters. He will not let go. He will say things that will get you to think "left" and then he will go right. While you take a few moments to ponder a statement he's made, he'll use that time to make 3 more, and while you repsond to the one form 4 statements back....you'll get snared with the next statement he's made.

If you spar, you will not win; even if you think you are correct. Don't try it, and you won't have any problems with the man. It may not be fair, but that's the way the drkodos game is played.

- The guy has an intelligence level that is far, far beyond average.

- He can also be a fine example of the definition of "the world's biggest asshole."

- He is a very loving father, with children who are magnifcently precosious, intelligent, and interesting. His children, when they are adults, are going to bring incredible wealth to any table they sit at. His wife is one of the most beautiful women I have ever met.

Many a man has had a great woman walk away from him because he's a jerk. He's such a jerk, that even thoguh hey share children, she still has to get away to preserve her sanity. If the man who is drkodos is so awful..... Why does his wife - who is NO doormat, if that's what you're thinking - stay at his side. And why are his children the most shining examples of "great kids" I have ever seen?

Say waht you will....I'd rather spend a day climbing or road trip with drkodos than with any of the boring, uncreative blobs of humanity that frequent this forum.

(This post was edited by happiegrrrl on Jun 4, 2007, 2:24 PM)

crimpergirl

Jun 5, 2007, 1:10 AM
Post #27 of 39 (989 views)
Shortcut

Re: [happiegrrrl] drkodos banned! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Oh wow, I miss the heydays here too. sigh.

Still lurking,

Crimpergirl

tradpuppy

Jun 11, 2007, 2:55 AM
Post #28 of 39 (955 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
He will say things that will get you to think "left" and then he will go right. While you take a few moments to ponder a statement he's made, he'll use that time to make 3 more, and while you repsond to the one form 4 statements back....you'll get snared with the next statement he's made.

So true. Sly

stymingersfink

Jun 11, 2007, 9:45 PM
Post #29 of 39 (925 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

happiegrrrl wrote:
Say what one will about the man, I can tell you these things, from personal experience:

- He took me up a 5.3 in the Gunks and led it all the while exclaiming what magnificent climbing the route was, as if he were having the finest day of his life.
- He taught me first-hand the "Get off the rope"(when you have fallen) ethic, and I am a better person for this, for it translates well beyond climbing. Most people won't get the concept. But are we climbing or what? The act of hanging on the end of a rope, at your belayer's expense, is not climbing.

Along with this, comes the "Belayer's job is to catch a fall; everything else is a perk." Again...some might disagree. I offer lots of perks as a belayer myself. But.....if you are going to pull one of those "leader is always right" attitudes...then it's reasonable that your belayer could, would - and SHOULD! - repsond with this ethic in kind.

- The most patient, yet best at pushing, mentors I have ever climbed with.

- Funny as hell

- The one thing to accept about the man, was that he enjoys debate. And he will win. He's like the pit-bull of debaters. He will not let go. He will say things that will get you to think "left" and then he will go right. While you take a few moments to ponder a statement he's made, he'll use that time to make 3 more, and while you repsond to the one form 4 statements back....you'll get snared with the next statement he's made.

If you spar, you will not win; even if you think you are correct. Don't try it, and you won't have any problems with the man. It may not be fair, but that's the way the drkodos game is played.

- The guy has an intelligence level that is far, far beyond average.

- He can also be a fine example of the definition of "the world's biggest asshole."

- He is a very loving father, with children who are magnifcently precosious, intelligent, and interesting. His children, when they are adults, are going to bring incredible wealth to any table they sit at. His wife is one of the most beautiful women I have ever met.

Many a man has had a great woman walk away from him because he's a jerk. He's such a jerk, that even thoguh hey share children, she still has to get away to preserve her sanity. If the man who is drkodos is so awful..... Why does his wife - who is NO doormat, if that's what you're thinking - stay at his side. And why are his children the most shining examples of "great kids" I have ever seen?

Say waht you will....I'd rather spend a day climbing or road trip with drkodos than with any of the boring, uncreative blobs of humanity that frequent this forum.

any chance he might happen to be a lawyer to boot? I'm in need of a good one of those!

tradpuppy

Jun 12, 2007, 12:30 AM
Post #30 of 39 (914 views)
Shortcut

Re: [stymingersfink] drkodos banned! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kodos: "So, you think I'm yelling, huh?"
Me: "Um, yeah?"
Kodos: "I'll show you some Sicilian yelling! You've never heard Sicilian yelling!!!"

timstich

Jun 12, 2007, 11:11 PM
Post #31 of 39 (893 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tradpuppy] drkodos banned! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes, drkodos is a lawyer. I haven't e-mailed him in a long while. Anyone know how he's doing? I'd like to know.

Partner happiegrrrl

Jun 13, 2007, 2:32 AM
Post #32 of 39 (876 views)
Shortcut

Re: [timstich] drkodos banned! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

He posted one post on Gunks.com the other day, out of the blue. Sends me photo sets that he's taken every so often, mostly of his kids.

He told me several months ago that his MS thing was progressing, and he'd stopped climbing, but I don't know too much else.

As for his being a lawyer - I know he often said he'd majored in Rhetoric in college(must have had top-notch prof - hahaha), but I never got the impression that he had taken the bar and was practicing law. Of course, I could be wrong.

timstich

Jun 13, 2007, 11:25 PM
Post #33 of 39 (842 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

From what I have heard recently about MS, you can take drugs that slow the deterioration of the nerve insulation, but it can't grow it back.

stymingersfink

Jun 13, 2007, 11:56 PM
Post #34 of 39 (837 views)
Shortcut

Re: [timstich] drkodos banned! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

well, I used to be a CNA/HHA and worked for a woman experiencing late stages of MS. It had progressed to the point that she was now confined to a wheelchair. She was taking all the usual drugs, but was still having difficulty with core temperature regulation and improper nerve function in her extremities ie: stiffness, pain and tingling in the limbs.

To help mitigate the temperature regulation issues, she would wear a vest designed to hold ice-packs near the body, such as someone in a mascot costume might wear inside the suit on a hot day. This helped, or at least made her thrice weekly Bridge games possible.

The pain and stiffness in her extremities could only be mitigated by oral doses her own special herb-caps. Her husband would make up marijuana capsules, which she would take three-four times daily, which would make her non-game days pleasantly tolerable for her.

Since the dose was just enough for her to notice a change in cognitive function, she would try to avoid them on days when she would be playing Bridge, at least until the games were over. These were the days which were more difficult for her to manage, and I'm not really sure that her Bridge game was any better for it.

Good luck to him, or anyone else who might have to deal with MS...

bent_gate

Jun 14, 2007, 11:06 PM
Post #35 of 39 (810 views)
Shortcut

Re: [stymingersfink] drkodos banned! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow, that is some seriously progressed MS!

My aunt has had it for quite awhile, and only has some occasional motor impairment. (not that any motor impairment is pleasant).

Best wishes to anyone who experiences it.

unabonger

Jun 20, 2007, 4:04 AM
Post #36 of 39 (765 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bent_gate] drkodos banned! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kodos says he'll come back and post if they change the background color.

Partner macherry

Jun 20, 2007, 5:11 AM
Post #37 of 39 (750 views)
Shortcut

Re: [unabonger] drkodos banned! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

the unabonger shows up

Partner j_ung

Jun 20, 2007, 1:01 PM
Post #38 of 39 (740 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] drkodos banned! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Stone him! I mean hang him! I mean burn him in effigy! I mean ban him! Laugh

nikegirl

Jun 21, 2007, 5:14 AM
Post #39 of 39 (706 views)
Shortcut

Re: [styndall] drkodos banned! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

styndall wrote:
squierbypetzl wrote:
uhoh wrote:
Hail Kodos!

Nice find, but you should really start reading the thread date before posting. . . it gets old.

Friggin´ funny though, thankx.

These were halcyon days in the forum. Kodos banned left and right, wildtrail racking up 10k posts in like six months, amber falling 200 feet to be miraculously tangled in her ropes...

Like I said, halcyon days.

DOOD!!!! DITTO!!

~T

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook