RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

billcoe_

Jun 7, 2007, 4:35 AM
Post #1 of 5 (1832 views)
Shortcut

The fashion princess speaks - Carabiner pairings
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Carabiner pairings

Sure – you like to be known as the know it all bitch. But until you’ve learned the socially acceptable carabiner pairings and whats the hot new look for 2007 in carabiner accessorising looks, you’re like Paris Hilton's herpes medication: working your ass off to look good but getting nowhere. So outfits have been discussed ad-nauseum honey, theres not much to add about THE 2007 spring look with hasn’t been said. Tight form fitting stretchy and colorful is in. IN baby!

Now we have to talk accesorizing that fine climbing outfit.

OK, I’ll talk slow so you bitches can follow. Red biners are the hot NEW shizzel. But honeys, they do not go well with purple dogbones. Do NOT. That color combination is so 80’s that you might as well be wearing spandex to go with those flashy purple and blue Patrick Edlinger edging shoes, going big hair and listening to Van Halen cranked to 11 on a transistor radio while dogging that pure hand crack at the crag to attract attention to yourself like screaming “I’m so 80’s!”

Sweeties, red goes with Red. Red goes with Blue. Hell, Red even goes with Green……………….NOT! Maybe when its Christmas Time fer Christsakes. So buy the neutral color ‘bones to offset those sexy red biners and show them off baby. Strut that stuff!

Silver biners are so yesterdays bowel movement. Frumpy. Plain. Boooorrrriiinng! You may be dogging that 5.8 sport bolted crack honey, but nobody, and I mean NObody wants to be known as boring. So toss those unattractive, boring, mundane slugs right in the garbage and update that rack for spring with the new 2007 hot sizzeling sexy red-anodized models.

jakedatc

Jun 7, 2007, 4:53 AM
Post #2 of 5 (1807 views)
Shortcut

Re: [billcoe_] The fashion princess speaks - Carabiner pairings [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

haha.. awesome..

most of my draws have OP classic (blue gates) tops and JC (blue anodizing) bottoms on blueish dogbones. 2 24"s with doval tops and jc bottoms.. sexy i know..

my 2 new MR red bent gates shall find a home on something nice.. they need to get to know each other first.

el_layclimber

Jun 7, 2007, 6:08 AM
Post #3 of 5 (1744 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
That color combination is so 80’s that you might as well be wearing spandex to go with those flashy purple and blue Patrick Edlinger edging shoes, going big hair and listening to Van Halen cranked to 11 on a transistor radio while dogging that pure hand crack at the crag to attract attention to yourself like screaming “I’m so 80’s!”

I am so screwed right now. Pardon me while sign in to Amazon.com to buy the lates Jamiroquai album and a set of matching petzl draws.

btw does anyone know how to tie one of those figure of eight knots? At the gym, they make half of it for me, but when I am at the cliff the rope is just in a line and forget what to do.

bent_gate

Jun 7, 2007, 6:16 AM
Post #4 of 5 (1733 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Your 2007 Fashion Round-up

-------Red-Long-Sleek-Alluring ------------------------ Risqué - Crimson Hot - -------

-----Manly - Futuristic -----

----- Classy - Opulent - Elegant -----

----- So 90's -----

-----Loud - Conspicuous - Unrefined - Fashion Nightmare! -----

(This post was edited by bent_gate on Jun 7, 2007, 6:17 AM)

Partner tisar

Jun 7, 2007, 8:48 AM
Post #5 of 5 (1679 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bent_gate] The fashion princess speaks - Carabiner pairings [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Good call, but as ever the Italian fashion outshines everything else. The current Kong collection (as shown on the climber's fashion show in Milano last fall):

You can tell they did pay respect to the US drool for red karabiners, but in truth Kong will know the only 2007 colors can be the 90ish enhanced but somehow pseudo.retro 80ies hommage combination of the contrast blue/orange:

To round up they even give credit to the ultra...ehm..."metro"sexual climber with their fuchsia collection:

Italian chique, invincible!

- Daniel
Attachments: kongexpressquickdraws.jpg (78.3 KB)
  bluestrap.jpg (13.3 KB)
  orange-mixed.jpg (23.9 KB)
  karabKongMulti.jpeg (2.48 KB)

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook