Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Partner camhead

Jun 18, 2007, 12:43 AM
Post #1 of 47 (5792 views)
Shortcut

Splitter is not an Adjective!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm sorry, the goddamned adjective "splitter" just conjures up images of the worst elements of Colo-RadGuys who drive their fucking tacomas to the Creek, and clog up the crags with as many topropes as they have people in their "crew" and half of those people don't climb, you know, there may be like 12 people at the crag including girlfriends, djembe drums, black labs, yellow labs, chocolate labs, and the one guy in the group that sets up the topropes is like their god cause he has hookups on the peztl pro-deal at Neptune and he works at the spot and his girlfriend is a yoga instructor, and he can onsight a few of the Creek 12a's on his second go if the ticks are still there that he put up last labor day weekend and good lord he so so strong cause he can do like v9 serious in the gym you know and "yeah bra this corner is pretty splitter, yeah I almost sent it, no we'll have a toprope on it all day, sorry, bra, wow bra, that down jacket is kind of falling apart, when did you last bathe what you live down here? how do you survive without coffee shops and a college and a climbing gym I live in boulder bla bla bla do you have any extra chalk I used all mine up on these tick marks call the fucking magazines ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I need a goddamned drink.

reno

Jun 18, 2007, 12:50 AM
Post #2 of 47 (5771 views)
Shortcut

Re: [camhead] Splitter is not an Adjective! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Cheer up, as you won't have to deal with it much longer....There are no splitter cracks in Ohio.

Cool

Partner camhead

Jun 18, 2007, 12:56 AM
Post #3 of 47 (5759 views)
Shortcut

Re: [reno] Splitter is not an Adjective! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

that hurts, reno, that really hurts.

I still have this fall at the creek, and intend to maximize my time there, dammit.

clausti

Jun 18, 2007, 12:56 AM
Post #4 of 47 (5757 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

reno wrote:
Cheer up, as you won't have to deal with it much longer....There are no splitter cracks in Ohio.

Cool

very very soon i'm going to start telling ppl to shut the fuck up. Pirate

petsfed

Jun 18, 2007, 1:06 AM
Post #5 of 47 (5745 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:
I'm sorry, the goddamned adjective "splitter" just conjures up images of the worst elements of Colo-RadGuys who drive their fucking tacomas to the Creek, and clog up the crags with as many topropes as they have people in their "crew" and half of those people don't climb, you know, there may be like 12 people at the crag including girlfriends, djembe drums, black labs, yellow labs, chocolate labs, and the one guy in the group that sets up the topropes is like their god cause he has hookups on the peztl pro-deal at Neptune and he works at the spot and his girlfriend is a yoga instructor, and he can onsight a few of the Creek 12a's on his second go if the ticks are still there that he put up last labor day weekend and good lord he so so strong cause he can do like v9 serious in the gym you know and "yeah bra this corner is pretty splitter, yeah I almost sent it, no we'll have a toprope on it all day, sorry, bra, wow bra, that down jacket is kind of falling apart, when did you last bathe what you live down here? how do you survive without coffee shops and a college and a climbing gym I live in boulder bla bla bla do you have any extra chalk I used all mine up on these tick marks call the fucking magazines ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I remember asking after good splitter good-hands cracks and being pointed at IHC, amongst others. I'm glad I don't live in Boulder anymore.

/drives a Toyota, but not a tacoma. Doesn't bring carhardts or down jackets to the Creek

rymep

Jun 18, 2007, 1:31 AM
Post #6 of 47 (5715 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Could be worse, I was down there a few weeks ago and ran into a scout group. One guy was aiding all the climbs and setting up top-ropes for the 12-13 year old kids.

At least the "bras" could almost climb the thing.

Partner camhead

Jun 18, 2007, 2:19 AM
Post #7 of 47 (5663 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rymep] Splitter is not an Adjective! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

well, I've got to admit, I have a tacoma as well. but it's 2wd, so it doesn't count.

ja1484

Jun 18, 2007, 2:24 AM
Post #8 of 47 (5660 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ah Boulder....the frat house of the outdoor world...

(This post was edited by ja1484 on Jun 18, 2007, 2:25 AM)

crackmd

Jun 18, 2007, 2:32 AM
Post #9 of 47 (5650 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I love Boulder-bashing. This has the potential to be the best thread ever.

coastal_climber

Jun 18, 2007, 3:05 AM
Post #10 of 47 (5623 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

Good Call.

>Cam

lemon_boy

Jun 18, 2007, 3:27 AM
Post #11 of 47 (5594 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hmmm. i pretty much have to agree, except that you have to admit that utah has their fair share of them as well, including the lame-wads that use splitter as an adjective, or call a corner a splitter. that being said, boulder is the capital of douche-bags-that-leave-a-toprope-all-day, and other complete gheyness.

reno

Jun 18, 2007, 3:55 AM
Post #12 of 47 (5560 views)
Shortcut

Re: [clausti] Splitter is not an Adjective! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

clausti wrote:
reno wrote:

Cool

Or you could understand that it was a friendly jab between two guys who know each other well, enjoy each other's camaraderie, and wish nothing but the best for each other, no matter where the road may take them.

Your call.

Partner robdotcalm

Jun 18, 2007, 4:11 AM
Post #13 of 47 (5539 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lemon_boy] Splitter is not an Adjective! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lemon_boy wrote:
hmmm. i pretty much have to agree, except that you have to admit that utah has their fair share of them as well, including the lame-wads that use splitter as an adjective, or call a corner a splitter. that being said, boulder is the capital of douche-bags-that-leave-a-toprope-all-day, and other complete gheyness.

I was in the City of Rocks (Idaho) last week and there were topropes being left up all day. It's time to ban toproping.

cheers, r.c

clausti

Jun 18, 2007, 5:01 AM
Post #14 of 47 (5500 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

reno wrote:
clausti wrote:
reno wrote:

Cool

Or you could understand that it was a friendly jab between two guys who know each other well, enjoy each other's camaraderie, and wish nothing but the best for each other, no matter where the road may take them.

Your call.

oh come on! you are like 18th person to tell him its the end of the world as we know it [insert that R.E.M song] and I put a pirate face in it!Pirate

Pirate

sanfranpunk

Jun 18, 2007, 5:27 AM
Post #15 of 47 (5483 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i refuse to top rope in the creek(unless its a 13+)
also no yelling "TAKE!"
only taking 4 #2s on generic crack and belaying your partner backwards(so as to keep your onsight option alive.
by the way I have a 2wd Nissan pickup

uzibear

Jun 18, 2007, 5:46 AM
Post #16 of 47 (5477 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead wrote:

i lived in boulder for two years; this is brilliant; i absolutely love it : ) ............and only too true...

caughtinside

Jun 18, 2007, 5:54 AM
Post #17 of 47 (5470 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Duuuuude.

That rant was soooo splitter. Split--ter! Aw hells yeah!

Hey, you want to listed to some Dave shows I burned? Sierra brought some hummus from Alfalfas, we can totally chill and get the splitter sendin' groove on!

curt

Jun 18, 2007, 6:56 AM
Post #18 of 47 (5447 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

clausti wrote:
reno wrote:
clausti wrote:
reno wrote:

Cool

Your call.

oh come on! you are like 18th person to tell him its the end of the world as we know it...

18 people could certainly be wrong--consider how many voted for Bush...

Curt

clausti

Jun 18, 2007, 7:18 AM
Post #19 of 47 (5437 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] Splitter is not an Adjective! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

caughtinside wrote:
Duuuuude.

That rant was soooo splitter.

trophy.

Partner wideguy

Jun 18, 2007, 12:15 PM
Post #20 of 47 (5367 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

clausti wrote:

Hey, I hear there's not much climbing in Ohio... that's gonna suck for you two, huh?

(go ahead, might as well get started. )

iwasasportweenie

Jun 18, 2007, 1:50 PM
Post #21 of 47 (5323 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Guys, does this mean I can't have a splitter day at Rumney today?

#^%& !

sgauss

Jun 18, 2007, 2:26 PM
Post #22 of 47 (5288 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wideguy] Splitter is not an Adjective! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wideguy wrote:
clausti wrote:

Hey, I hear there's not much climbing in Ohio... that's gonna suck for you two, huh?

(go ahead, might as well get started. )

The only thing that's splitter in Ohio is fat people's pants. So ya got that going for ya.

maldaly

Jun 18, 2007, 2:52 PM
Post #23 of 47 (5269 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

camhead,
You are so wrong...

I have a cattle dog.

pseudolith

Jun 18, 2007, 3:03 PM
Post #24 of 47 (5250 views)
Shortcut

Re: [maldaly] Splitter is not an Adjective! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hella splitter, yo.

granite_grrl

Jun 18, 2007, 3:14 PM
Post #25 of 47 (5238 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Splitter arete, eh? Love the oxymoron.

Clausti, its just that the word "Ohio" brings up images of flat farm land, its just a totally unhip state. I mean, "Ohio", you try to make it sound cool. But if someone said "I'm moving to Southern Ontario" most people here would scratch their heads and say nothing, where if they knew what the climbing was really like around here they'd sind a different tune. I'd wager that S.Ontario has Ohio beat hands down.

Trick is to change people's perseptions of Ohio. Start tell people how awesome it will be being so close to places like the Red, and all the other awesome things about Ohio...whatever they are.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Trad Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook